Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Chandrasekhra Mehta
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. K. Chandrasekhra MehtaYour feedback matters!
I want to know that my penis size is 5.4 inches in length and 3 inches in girth when erect. Do I need penis enlargement?
My father have throat pain on right side and feel something is stuck when he swallows from last 7 months and also treated with medicine but not improvement have seen. The pain is mild and same as it was 7montus before. Gone for various checkup. Cbc barium swallow everything come normal except neck contrast which suggests for biopsy. So what should I do. Either go for biopsy or do medical treatment. Because I am afraid if the report of biopsy comes positive. I need some herbal ,homeopathic or ayurvedic treatment suggestions. Please help. Also he is a copd patient and had suffered with severe TB 2 years ago.
I have often headache, after that i am not able to have anything. if I have anything then I will get vomiting. Please help me.
My age is 19 years. Am suffering from severe headache and cough and cold. My body is very weak. How to get cured soon? please help me.
I am 65 years old. I am suffering cough problems science. Last 7 years. My father has asthma. I am quite healthy.
I masturbate 4 to 5 times. Should I have problem in future. I can't able to control my self while masturbating.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
Related Tip: Early Warning Signs of Mental Disorders Later in Life