Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. K. Bala Murali KrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am 44 year old male, I am having constipation n acidity problem from my age of 18, at present I have nitiyam churn n tablet omez 20 but still stomach remains upset n constipation n gas remains, digestive problem also, can you suggest some good ayurvedic medicines.
Please tell me Dr. what is reason for. The fatty liver disease my wife is suffering from this Dr. have advice to live 52 for 2 months & her weight also increase what is best medicine For this kindly advice please.
I am suffering from metabolism whenever I eat or drink anything immediately I have to go for toilet or full day my stomach is like full and feel like want to go for toilet.
Doctor saheb during recent navratras I was on fasting during the day time but took one time normal food in the night. After navratras were over I felt some pains in my teeth jaws and feeling cold and hot water sensation together. There is also feeling of dry mouth sometimes but no quite often. Sometimes I feel acidity problem as well. Please suggest how to get rid of this problem. Thanks
A chronic condition, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a disorder of the large intestine that exhibits symptoms such as bloating, abdominal cramps, gas and diarrhea. The symptoms of IBS can be controlled by making lifestyle changes such as incorporating certain modifications to your diet and reducing or managing stress levels. For severe symptoms, you may require medications.
The symptoms of IBS can vary; some of them are:
- Bloated stomach
- Abdominal cramps
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Presence of mucus in the stool
- Some other severe symptoms of IBS include sudden loss of weight and rectal bleeding.
The exact cause of IBS is not known, but there are certain factors that may act as triggers. There are muscles lining the walls of the intestine that relax and contract in a proper rhythm, thus allowing the passage of food through the intestine. In case of IBS, these contractions tend to be irregular, resulting in gas, bloating and diarrhea.
Some of the factors that can trigger this condition are:
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can play a role in triggering IBS. For a woman, the symptoms can worsen during her menstrual cycles.
- Stress: Studies show that symptoms of IBS considerably increase if you are subject to increased stress levels over a prolonged period of time.
- Foods: Certain foods such as spices, chocolate, milk and broccoli can act as triggers.
- Other Disorders: In some cases, other underlying conditions such as bacterial overgrowth or infectious diarrhea can cause IBS.
The initial step to manage the symptoms of this condition is to make prompt changes in your diet, such as eliminating spicy foods and dairy products, at least till the symptoms subside. It is advised to resort to medications only if the dietary changes fail to yield results.
The various treatments are:
- Anti-diarrheal Medications: Anti-diarrheal medication such as ‘loperamide’ is used to control and manage diarrhea.
- Fiber Supplements: Certain fiber supplements such as ‘methylcellulose’ and ‘psyllium’ can help in managing constipation.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are prescribed only if the symptoms result from bacterial overgrowth in the intestine.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.