Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K. AnithaYour feedback matters!
My baby boy aged 40 days, giving feeding regularly my nipples become pain and having trauma. Advice me.
I'm pregnant of 9 weeks and 4 days, spotting pv, uterus: Av, enlarged in size, shows a 16.4 mm gestational sac. Yolk sac not present. Any problems form my pregnancy. Please suggest me a solution.
During pregnancy, a woman needs to take care of her body and her baby. One of the most important parts of pregnancy is the level of nutrition and diet of the woman. This has a direct bearing on the growth of the baby as well as the progression of the pregnancy. Nutrition is a matter of deciding what kind of food one should eat and the kind of food that one should stay away from, at this point. Weight management and looking after your sugar and blood pressure levels is also a part of this nutrition plan that you will follow during your pregnancy.
In case you are confused about the diet and nutrition plan that you must follow during your pregnancy, then here is a plan that you can use. Do remember to consult your doctor so that it may be customised as per your body and specific conditions.
- Grains: You will need to ingest at least seven to eight pounds of grains in a day. These may include wheat, rice, and other local grains like Ragi, Bajra, Jowar and other such grains. You must create a good balance of these grains. But do remember to find out if you doctor would recommend the use of grains, depending on the state of your health. You may also want to watch out for signs like constipation and loose motions in case your body is not able to tolerate excessive amounts of grains. You can also stick to cereal for breakfast and other grains for lunch and dinner. Try and create a mix of grains with which you can make rotis or flatbread to be had with vegetables.
- Fruit: You will need to have at least two cups of fruit a day. In case you are diabetic or you are suffering from gestational diabetes or even a high level of sugar, you may want to consult your doctor about the amount of fruit that you can have during the day. This is also a good substitute when you are having sugar cravings during your pregnancy. Try and have plenty of fruit and mix up the colours as the fibre will also help in dealing with any constipation that you may be going through.
- Vegetables: It is imperative to have at least three to four cups of vegetables a day when you are pregnant, as this will supply a lot of nutrients, minerals and vitamins to the growing baby. You may especially want to stick to vegetables like broccoli that have a high iron and folate content which can give a good amount of folic acid. This is usually required for good growth of the foetus. As with fruit, you will need to mix up the colours and have something from each colour group every day. You can combine this with some amount of meat as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you aware of different types of STDs and their causes? STDs are diseases which are caused by a bacterial infection. In most cases, the bacteria are transmitted when having sex. There are several STDs which commonly occur in people, primarily because of having unprotected sex.
STDs include several types of infections such as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis, viral STDs like HIB, genital herpes, genital warts and hepatitis B. The germs causing STDs are present in the semen, vaginal secretion, and saliva in some cases. They are mostly spread via vaginal, oral, or anal sex. Some STDs also occur via skin contact.
Types of STDs
Here are the most common types of STDs:
- Chlamydia: This is a bacterial infection which develops on the genital tract. It is difficult to diagnose because of no early stage symptoms. The disease occurs within three weeks of being exposed to the bacteria. Painful urination, vaginal discharge in women and pain in the lower abdomen are common symptoms.
- Gonorrhea: This bacterial infection pertains to the genital tract, and may also occur in the mouth, eyes, anus or throat. The symptoms of the disease appear within 10 days after the exposure. Thick, cloud and bloody discharge from the vagina or penis, along with painful sensation during urination are major symptoms.
- Trichomoniasis: This STD is caused due to a microscopic, single-celled parasite known as the trichomonas vaginalis. It commonly gets transmitted during sexual intercourse with an affected person. In men, this disease infects the urinary tract, without any symptoms at times. In women, it affects the vagina. The condition develops within 28 days of exposure. Mild irritation and severe inflammation are experienced. A clear white, greenish or yellowish vaginal discharge and discharge from the penis in men are indicated.
- HIV: HIV is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus. HIV is a fatal condition which disrupts the body’s immune system, or the ability to fight against fungi and bacteria which cause illness. It leads to AIDS, which is a chronic, life threatening health condition. Usually, no early symptoms are experienced. Some people may develop an illness similar to flu, within two to six weeks of getting infected. A screening test for HIV is essential for proper diagnosis of the condition.
Genital herpes is another common type of STD which is caused by a certain form of herpes simplex virus or HSV. This enters the body via small breaks in the mucous or skin membrane. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am suffering from white discharge problem since last 6 months. Please suggest remedy. I'm 24 years old & weight is 45kg. & unmarried.
I had sex with my bf on 6th jan. I get periods on 16 of every month. After sex within two hours I took postpone 72. Will get pregnant. please answer fast.
I am 25 years old not married .I have skin problem like pimples so I consult skin specialist she done blood tests and given aldactone and isotroin tablets since 6 months I am using that tablets from last 3 months I am facing one problem that is brown spotting in mid cycle exactly 14 days of after periods .what it causes. I don't have any pcod problems. I never facing any periods problems. And that spotting is no bad smell and no itching feeling .and I just have board line thyroid but that is with in limits now. I am using thyronorm 25 MCG.
Does copper-T have any side effects . I find increase in my stomach size day by day also my periods date are extended every month by 15 to 20 days.
Please suggest diet to reduce my weight. I had surgical delivery by caesarean section and my baby is 5 month old.
My mother in law is 80. She has recently been operated for breast cancer her breast is removed. Drs have suggested chemo therapy but she is undergoing homeopathy treatment. Is it ok?
Phudina or mint leaves, the super herb of summer:
- If your immunity levels are low, common summer problems like digestive disorders, heat strokes, etc, are something that can be avoided with the right diet.
- The humble pudina leaves, an irreplaceable component in every kitchen, not only add great flavour to food, but are packed with numerous health benefits as well.
- It is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients that work wonders for the human stomach.
- The menthol present in the herb stimulates the enzymes necessary for digestion, relaxes the muscles of the stomach, reducing the chances of indigestion and spasms. It is also known for its calming effect on stomach cramps and the ability to cure acidity and flatulence.
I was aborted 15 months back using medicine. I am having irregular periods. Last time I had periods on 1 Dec, 2016.since then I am not having periods. Moreover I am having problem in my urination. I feel it to be incomplete. I had to force to excrete out the remaining. And it comes out little by little. Today I had my urine test for pregnancy and it was negative. I don't understand why is it happening. What should I do? What tests should I go through to know the exact problem? Whom to consult? Please suggest me the reason and solution.
When a person is preoccupied with physical fantasies to the point of dysfunction for at least six months, he or she suffers from hyper sexuality. Hyper sexuality is also known as nymphomania or compulsive sexual behavior. These sexual fantasies are usually combined with a compulsive pursuit of non-intimate or casual sex, excessive masturbation habit, pornography, objective partner sex and romantic intensity.
It is more complex than just having an unusually high sex drive because sexual activity gives the addict an intense feeling of euphoria, suppressing other thoughts which cause distress, self-loathing and shame. This interferes with the daily regimen of activities. Treatment and management of sex addiction is imperative because it is disruptive and harmful not just to you but also to others.It also damages relationships, careers and self-esteem.
People suffering from hyper sexuality exhibit the following symptoms:
1. They engage in compulsive masturbation
2. They frequently hire prostitutes
3. Usage of phone sex services excessively
4. They have multiple extramarital affairs
5. They plan out sexual activities excessively
6. They engage in one night stands frequently
7. They are emotionally detached from their sexual partners
8. They prefer unprotected sex
9. They obsess about an unattainable sexual partner
10. They show tendencies of paraphilia
The primary and identifiable causes of hyper sexuality are as follows:
1. Biochemical imbalances in neurotransmitters and nervous system disorders
2. Medical conditions that damage certain parts of the brain of affect brain functioning
3. Overproduction of hormones such as androgens (present in males and females)
4. Being predisposed to hyper sexuality due to genes
5. Altered neural pathways
6. Suffering from childhood abuse
7. Dysfunctional family dynamics
Sexual addiction is believed to be a dysfunctional adult response towards emotional or character regulatory deficits and innate personality as well as abuse, early detachment disorders and trauma. Hyper sexuality is a symptom of a lot of mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, adult attention deficit disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder.
Sex addicts usually do not seek treatment for their addiction until the consequences of their activities are dire and have an overt negative effect on their health, relationships, finances and career. Since addicts feel ashamed and despise themselves, they usually do not seek help until they hit rock bottom. However, it is crucial to treat this disorder in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life where one is not controlled by their addiction. You can also take the package for having safe sex.
Hyper sexuality can be treated using the following methods:
- Group Therapy
- Family and couples therapy
- Support groups
- Self-help groups
- Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH)
- Mood Stabilizers
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist.