Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyotsna
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. JyotsnaYour feedback matters!
I heard that root canal treatments causes side effects in long term. I see few cases reported in western countries which triggered cancer disease due to bad root canal.
How can I get white teeth through out the day? After eating anything yellow like substances stack on the font teeth.
Your teeth are the most underappreciated part of your body. If you don’t give them proper care, there is a very good chance that you will develop severe dental problems, the most common being tooth decay. Tooth decay is caused when the bacteria that are present in your mouth churn out more acid than is necessary, gradually eroding the teeth. The acids bore a hole in the tooth, causing cavity.
You might be suffering from tooth decay if you experience:
- Teeth discoloration
- Tooth infection
- Tooth loss
Causes of tooth decay
Tooth decay occurs when the bacteria that reside in your mouth start producing excessive acids which eventually erode the tooth.
How does it happen?
Your teeth have three protective layers: an outer layer called enamel, middle layer called dentin and an inner layer called pulp. The bacteria in the mouth along with acid and broken down food particles attack the tooth and erode it layer by layer. Tooth decay worsens as each layer is eroded.
Here are some common causes behind tooth decay:
- Poor oral hygiene i.e. not brushing or flossing your teeth regularly
- Eating foods that help bacteria grow, such as sugary foods and foods rich in carbohydrates
- Dry mouth refers to very little saliva in your mouth. Saliva helps countering the effects of the acids
How to prevent tooth decay
Most cases of tooth decay can be prevented by a healthy oral hygiene regime and having a balanced diet. Here are some steps you can take to prevent tooth decay:
- Regularly brush your teeth. Brush your teeth after each meal and especially before you go to sleep. Using a fluoride-rich toothpaste will help keep tooth decay at bay.
- The space between your teeth is where food particles get lodged. Keep them clean by flossing regularly.
- Make balanced diet a part of your life. Avoid food high on sugar or carbohydrates. Also, avoid eating too much sticky food, as it is more likely to cling to your teeth than anything else.
- Mouthwash regularly using a solution rich in fluoride. Fluoride has antiseptic properties that help kill the bacteria,
- Lastly, visit your dentist regularly for checkups
Tooth decay is one of the most common lifestyle-based problems. The right combination of dental hygiene and a balanced diet goes a long way in preventing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Hi doctor, its been 3 days .i feel some kind of sensation in my jaw .i like to press hard my jaw .what kind of symptoms is that. Please help me out.
One month back, I underwent lower wisdom teeth removal. It was horizontal instead and pressuring third molar. Dentist removed it by cutting it into pieces. From then I am experiencing pain in front of ear and pain while opening jaw. Yesterday I went to dentist again, he said that the pain had nothing to do with wisdom teeth removal as the gums totally healed. He said to me to consult ENT. Then I read in net that it might be because of complications of removal. Now should I consult ENT or another dentist. Should I take some dental tests. What should I do?
I have toothache from last 2 years, also decay with black spot on dental cap? I except your proper guidance?
Since last one month the saliva in mouth tastes very sweet. Is it symptom of diabetes or any other problem.
1) Helps diabetics by slowing sugar release into the bloodstream.
2) Boosts metabolism and increases energy because it is more likely to be burned as fuel than stored as body fat.
3) Helps treat malnutrition because it is easy to digest and absorb.
4) Kills disease-causing bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses because of the antimicrobial effects of its fatty acids.
5) Prevents strokes and brain disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
6) Prevent tooth decay - coconut oil fights bacteria responsible for tooth decay and could be a healthy, non-chemical additive in toothpaste and mouthwash.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.