Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti JairamYour feedback matters!
I have problem .that I think too much unnecessarily .with this it effect my present I'm fed up with this.
I shifted to new city where except study is nothing. I got a big gain in my weight. I wabt a solution of losing weight.
Hi sir/madam, my cousin is 15 years old and he is now studying 10th standard. He is not able to understand his subjects and not able to remember any thing regarding studies. But he is normal and very active in all other aspects. What should we do to make him study and get good future. Please help me out.
My wife is fifty years old and she is suffering from arthritics last 18 month. Now she is in depression in night she sleep 3 4 hours with medicine laprozium 0.5 please guide me for next.
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an abnormal condition of the mind that develops when a person is exposed to certain traumatic events in life such as accidents, sexual assault or warfare.
The major symptoms of PTSD are:
- Reliving the traumatic experience over and over again; this leads to severe and long-term mental distress.
- Recurring dreams about the events.
- Provocation of traumatic thoughts by the slightest event that causes distress to the individual.
- Avoiding memories and thoughts that might remind them of the event.
- Developing a negative view of themselves and the world.
- Developing social or specific phobias.
- Medication and antidepressants: Medicines such as paroxetine, sertraline and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) help the individual address insomnia related problems that occur due to PTSD and suppress nightmares.
- Psychotherapy: This form of therapy is used to cure both mental health conditions (such as obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety and depression) as well as emotional problems that result from PTSD. Skilled mental health experts are needed for this form of treatment to be administered. They would listen to each individual patiently and provide effective strategies to give solutions to the problems. Some of these therapies are:
- Cognitive Behavioural therapy: This therapy enables the individual to adapt to changes and recognize thought patterns which lead to irrational and negative behaviour and actions.
- Exposure therapy: This therapy causes the affected individual to first become anxious by exposing him/her to the traumatic memories, situations and objects by simulating them. The therapy helps the person to overcome his/her fears and become comfortable in the same environment that had previously caused fear and anxiety.
- Group therapy: This popular and effective form of therapy allows the individual to share his/her feelings, fears and thoughts with a group of people who have themselves experienced similar trauma in their lives. Sharing such experiences helps reduces stress levels.
Some Self-Help and Coping Tips include:
- Avoiding situations that cause PTSD can worsen the condition. Hence, the individual should try to embrace and face such situations boldly.
- PTSD can result in loss of motivation and stress. Try utilizing your time in socialising, indulging in certain or even exercising for that matter.
- Taking some time out to relax and having fun is very important. This calms the body and mind, thereby improving one’s mood.
I want to start with treatment of depression and anxiety but I have my exams in 2 weeks. Is it ok to start it now as I am worried as this sudden change might create some problem but I want to start it soon bcz I have great trouble in sleeping I couldnt sleep in last 2 days even after having a tiring day and body. I sleep for 3 4 or max 5 hours which is affecting my whole life cycle as I fall asleep by morning 5 or 6 due to which I am notable to attend my classes nd study schedules as well. I tried everything but this is not going even I do not sleep for 36 hours snd even if you want to sleep my thoughts does not let me sleep.
I am having yellow urination from past 3-4 months. When I drink water a lot it is white or else it's yellow . I did all my urine test. .but report was clear. . Does yellow urination also Happen from anxiety? Or do they occur from withdrawal from any drug?
I am 34 years female from nagpur, from few days I started forgating things. Like passwords and user id. Debit card pin. Some times regular mob nos. Names. May like this day to day things as I am working and started my own business and because of this I am getting disturb. Please suggest me why this is happening and what I do to overcome this ?
This is true, but I would like to share that I am a widower aged 61 years and in service free from all homely responsibilities. Even though my whole day passed in office, at home I used to listen bhajan, music etc, reading books. But feeling lonely without partner. Please advice how to keep my self busy when i feel lonely.
Hello I don't know whom to consult, my problem is. 1. Weight is not increasing after proper diet. 2. Lots of Hair falling. 3. Beard and mustache is not growing properly. 4. Stress level is very high like Frustration 5. Can't remember things after lots of practice. 5. Can't concentrate my work. 5. Visible veins in skin. I am facing lots of problem, please help me to get rid of these problems.
I'm a girl 22 year old. Student.I don't know whether I'm depressed tensed or its anxiety. I ve issues regarding my studies. And I'm very much tensed about it. I don't know to whom I should be talking.
Since I broke up with my girlfriend, im getting nightmares about her daily. Im in no depression of my breakup. Its been a week when I wake up from my sleep late night and check my phone. Is this serious? Will it cause me health problems?
Stress decrease blood flow to heart and also increases platelet aggregation leading to clot formation and more chances of heart attack.