Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JYOTHIYour feedback matters!
Am not able to open my mouth complete from past four years due to develop of last teeth at end, wat to do.
I have yellowish teeth since teenage it is may be due to my raising in rajasthan where ground water contain flourine I want to get rid of them but I am afraid to go to a dentist please tell me some home remedy to naturally whiten my teeth.
I am 27 weeks pregnant for a mucoid discharge I am on progesteron 100mg bid,& devudilan 10mg/day from 10 days, now i am alright but suffering from sensitive and swollen gums from 2 days is it due to the effect of medicine? shall I continue them or stop? still 5 days course remaining.
I want to clean my teeth my teeth are stained with panmasala looking very stains can I make them white?
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
Dear Sir/ madam I am married couple. When I am doing foreplay then smelling comes from my partner's mouth who is very bad. So please suggest me a mouth freshener spray who is better for us during the foreplay and there is no side effect.
My mouth become shrink because of I use to chewing tobacco in past but at present it is also in same condition. What I do?
What is the reason for Mouth Ulcer and what is it's proper treatment? I mean what is the best medicine to heal it.
When I wakeup my mouth is become full of saliva, Sometimes it comes out and wet my bed. Give me solution.
I accidentally sipped hot water. Though I spit it out at that time but now my mouth is paining very much till my neck. What should I do now?
I often suffer from mouth ulcer. How to get rid of it? what kind of vegetable or fruit should I take?
I am brushing twice a day but my teeth was looking yellow colour soo doctor you can do anything suggestion for me.
People loose lose their teeth for various reasons ranging from gum diseases, bone loss conditions,dental cavities, injuries and age. A missing tooth, particularly at the front of your mouth, can lead to changes in your smile and loss of confidence. Apart from aesthetic reasons, a missing tooth also impacts the way you talk, and eat your food. Over time, the bone mass which was supporting the tooth starts eroding and causes the loosening of your neighboring teeth. To prevent this and regain the confidence of a beautiful smile, most people, as well as doctors, prefer dental implants.
Why are dental implants the preferred option?
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth since they are the closest thing to getting back your original pearly whites. Most patients prefer implants to other tooth replacement options like dentures and dental bridges since they offer the maximum stability and durability. Patients maintaining their dental implants properly can expect them to last around 25-30 years and even more. Besides looking like real teeth, they also function like your natural ones. That alone is the reason why so many people consider them.
Now let's understand what are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium metal posts which are used to replace the roots of a missing tooth and support a custom made crown. They are placed in your jawbone through a minor surgical procedure that is done under local anesthesia at your doctor's chamber. To replace your missing tooth with an implant, the dentist will attach a crown that takes the place of your visible tooth. After your implant has fused with your jaw bone and healed, the crown will be changed to a permanent one that matches the colour of your teeth flawlessly. This process can be used to replace a single tooth or a number of teeth. Unlike bridges and dentures, crowns which are fitted to these implants do not shift or slip. The secure fit gives a more natural look. It also gives comfort while speaking and chewing food.
Is a dental implant very painful?
A dental implant is as painful as any other procedure done by your dentist, for eg a filling. Done under local anesthesia, an implant does not leave any open wound so the healing process is quicker. Minor discomfort after the placement of the implants can be relieved through normal painkillers like ibuprofen. Depending on which part of the mouth you have lost your tooth, your dental implant procedure should take less than an hour to complete.
Healthy gums for implants
If one is considering going for an implant, then you must know that implants need healthy gums with enough bone support. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and regular dental visits should be made so as to ensure long term success of the implants.
Care of the Implants:
Usually dental implants are very successful and here are few steps to help you take care of them to get long term benefits:
- Good oral hygiene: Brush twice a day and make flossing a routine. Use of interdental brushes
- can help clean the areas around the implant.
- Abstain from smoking as it can make your bones weak and result in implant failure.
- Avoid putting too much pressure on the implants: Eating food items like gums and candies can
- break the crown of both artificial and natural teeth.
- Visit your dentist every six months.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.