Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. JeevithaYour feedback matters!
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 38 year old male I am suffering from continually to coming urin in every season and I can not seat by folding my legs.
I am 55 years old and have pain in both my elbows My PP sugar is 136 please advice what I should do?
My report hlba27 is positive and one Dr. said for recover it wil take 1 year. My issues is my back and thai are paining.
Hi, I am a 26 years old male. I have a tendency of masturbation at least twice a week mostly on weekends. I want to avoid it but it happens. Even if I avoid it with my strong decisions it unknowingly happens night fall. This is really irritating situation for a grown up man. Please help me.
Food plays an integral part in our sustenance, providing us the nourishment as well as the required energy to go about in our daily lives. However, they play a dual role, not only are they responsible for obesity, but if consumed in a right manner they also can help in losing weight as well. Some of them are:
- Cabbages: Rich in vitamin C, cabbages are a great source of antioxidants. Not only are they readily available, but they also provide one with a variety of options. You can make a stir fry with them or cook them with other vegetables. They help to boost the immunity as well as well contribute in losing weight.
- Grapefruit: Grapes are an extremely rich source of vitamin C, potassium and folic acid. Available in different varieties, they are efficient in fighting various diseases like atherosclerosis, a condition that causes heart attacks. They help to prevent damage of the arterial walls.
- Lettuce: With every pound consisting of around 60-70 calories, this vegetable tops the list of everybody who is trying to lose weight. They are extremely rich in vitamin B, Manganese and help in regulating the blood sugar as well as maintaining proper immune system.
- Radishes: This vegetable is replete with folic acid and sulfur compounds that help in the digestion of the food. Contrary to other vegetables, the leafy top of the vegetable is rich in calcium and vitamin C than the roots and therefore, must not be eliminated while cooking.
- Spinach: The benefits of this vegetable has been well established and for quite the right reasons. They are packed with vitamin K and help in fighting the onset of various eye diseases and weakening and degeneration of muscles. They can be prepared as different dishes and serve as a great constituent in salads or as fillings in omelettes.
- Egg whites: For the longest time, eggs were considered as a lethal source of cholesterol, but over the years its benefits have surpassed its apparent disadvantages. Rich in protein and healthy fats, they are extremely filling and curbs further pangs of hunger throughout the day.
Related Tip: "How to Lose Weight Just by Having Fibrous Foods"