Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayasree
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. JayasreeYour feedback matters!
Actually I need to ask about one medicine that is "Kali broom. 1M" Manufactured by: ADELMAR PHARMA, Germany I am 21 years old And I have stammer problem. Someone suggest me this medicine and I brought It from online. But I have no idea how to use it and in what dosage. Can You please guide me. Thank You and have a good day Sir/Mam :)
I am a student of class 12. My board exams are coming and want to increase my study duration. But I am not able to increase. Whenever I try to study for longer duration I feel sleepy. Even these days I am not able to concentrate on my regular time table whenever I sit for study my mind goes to an onathor world. Negative thoughts are coming. Please help me.
A cup of coffee or tea is not just enough to keep you alert throughout the day. They might be good for an early morning kick off. But you need a lot more in your diet to increase your concentration power.
Here’s a list of food items that work wonders in gifting you a focused mind:
- Coconut Oil: When it comes to your brain, coconut oil full of benefits, too. Coconut oil works as a natural anti-inflammatory, suppressing cells responsible for inflammation. It can help with memory loss as you age and destroy bad bacteria that hangs out in your gut.
- Dark Chocolate: It has been found that dark chocolate boosts the production of serotonin and endorphin. These are essential for increasing concentration. Dark chocolates are also useful antioxidants and are rich in vitamins, and minerals, including potassium and copper. It is believed by many that regular intake of cocoa improves the blood supply to the brain and thus increases concentration power.
- Blueberries: Are you fond of the tasty blueberries? There’s good news for you then. Blueberries are not just good for taste, they are memory boosters. According to a study published in 2010 in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, it has been found that people, who drank blueberry juice daily for two months, ended up having improved memory and concentration power.
- Egg Yolks: Yolks contain large amounts of choline, which helps in fetal brain development for pregnant women. It also breaks down bethane, a chemical that produces hormones related to happiness. That’s right, eggs can make you happy! If you’ve kept away from eating eggs whole because of cholesterol concerns, there’s good news. Studies show that eating eggs had no effect on the cholesterol levels of healthy adults and might, in fact, help raise good cholesterol levels.
- Walnuts: It turns out that eating walnuts can keep you from going nuts. Just munching on a few walnuts a day can improve your cognitive health. Their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals also improve mental alertness. The vitamin E in the nuts can also help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Salmon: Believe it or not, but salmon improves your memory and concentration to a great extent. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which is needed for rebuilding brain cells. Omega-3 is also good for enhancing the synapses in the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Sir I am 20 years age and had a problem that is not solved by using medicine i.e allopathic or homeopathy ,the diseases is anxiety and I faced this problem since 3 years and sometimes I faced fear very much and has not any cause for fearing what should I do please suggest me.
As stress and unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your mind, are you concerned about keeping your brain sharp in order to excel? Well here are simple tips that would enhance your brain power to its zenith.
- Practice meditation and yoga: Chronic anxiety can wreak havoc on your brain. Thus, deep breathing exercises such as meditation or yoga is the need of the hour for a more focused and calmer brain and mind.
- Train your brain: Engage in exercises that constantly pose a challenge to your intellectual capacities. A board of chess with your best friend, board games that challenge one’s cognitive functions, juggling or learning a new language can, in more ways than one, get the best out of your brain, increasing the brain’s functioning capacities. Get out of the comfort zone of your and explore something new.
- Exercise: A regular session of physical or aerobic exercises helps in enhancing your heart rate, thus pumping more oxygen supply to the brain. Exercises also help you sharpen your memory and other cognitive functions.
- Avoid excess intake of sugar: Sugar can be detrimental to your brain, inducing stress, inflammation and poor regulation of insulin.
- Foods: Anti-oxidant rich foods such as berries, vegetables such as spinach, carrots and beverages such as coffee, red wine or tea can work towards nourishing your brain and boosting your memory; learning and performance.
- Sleep: Sufficient sleep is also required to stimulate your brain and the ability to communicate or think clearly.
- Avoid alcohol: You are born with a specific number of brain cells. So it is not a good idea to kill them by drinking excessively.
- Visualization: Practice visualization techniques to work on the ‘selective memory’ power of your brain. Visualizing helps your brain recover and retain all information you want to. Associate events with phrases, words or images that would automatically help you recall past events.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a type of personality disorder characterized by an ongoing pattern of varying moods, self-image and behaviour. This often results in impulsive actions and problems in relationships and at work. You may experience intense episodes of various emotions like anger, depression and anxiety that may last for a few hours to a few days.
Diagnosis of BPD
If you experience the following 10 symptoms for a long time or if they have had a huge impact on your daily life, you may say that you are suffering from BPD:
- Feeling of being abandoned. You feel that people may abandon you and are constantly worried about that. You would do anything to stop it.
- Frequent mood swings. You experience intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days. E.g. You suddenly start feeling low and depressed after feeling very happy and confident for a while.
- Lack of identity. You don’t know who you are and do not have a strong sense of your being.
- Unable to sustain relationships. You find it very hard to retain relationships and make new ones.
- You feel empty from within all the time.
- Make impulsive decisions and show sudden reactions. You do things to harm yourself like binge eating, drug abuse or driving dangerously.
- You inflict pain on yourself or have suicidal feelings.
- You have anger issues which are very difficult to control.
- You get paranoid or dissociate when you’re stressed.
- You experience all your emotions very intensely be it anger, happiness or sadness.
Self-Care - How can you help yourself?
If you start feeling overwhelmed, focus on one feeling at a time. It will help channelize your energy and thoughts into finding a solution for that emotion. Different therapies help different people at different times. You are the best judge to decide what benefits you the most.
Follow these tips to get through the various emotions that you may experience.
- When you are angry and frustrated
- Rip a newspaper
- Hit a pillow
- Listen to your favourite music
- Go for a walk or do some vigorous exercise
- When you are depressed and lonely
- Wrap yourself in a blanket and watch your favourite movie or TV show.
- Write all the negative feelings on a piece of paper and tear the paper.
- Use positive affirmations to comfort yourself.
- Cuddle a pillow/pet/soft toy
- When you are tensed and anxious
- When you want to harm yourself
- Rub ice over the parts where you want to hurt yourself.
- Take a cold-water bath to cool yourself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Compatibility between couples is a hotly debated and researched topic that encompasses many things. It includes mental, social and financial compatibility among many things. One of the most important thing between any couple is also the sexual compatibility.
Sometimes, this topic is given overt importance while sometimes it is pushed to the side. Some of the factors, which determine the importance of sexual compatibility in a long term relationship are mentioned below:
Experience: It may be the case wherein one of the partners is far more experienced than the other and this might cause certain issues in the relationship. While this may be a temporary problem, it may rear its head up later when one of the partners wants to try something new and the other wants to stick to the same old thing. Thus, it is better if both the partners have fairly equal level of experience so that they are on even keel.
Confidence with your own sexuality: Although experience matters, confidence with one’s own sexuality also counts. An experienced partner may be less confident than an inexperienced partner in some cases as well. You should have explored your own sexuality in some ways to understand what your likes and dislikes are and what your no-go zones are. This will help you communicate them better to your partner.
The amount of sex drive each partner has: Two people will not have the same level of sex drive. What matters is how close they are and how adaptable they are to each other. If one partner wants sex every day and the other wants it only a few times a year, then it is obviously going to cause problems. It is important to gauge that at the start of a relationship as this can end up being a major disappointment and a deal breaker in the long run.
Openness to discuss sex and adjusting to your partner’s needs: This is a very important parameter as openness to discussing sex means you are comfortable trying to gauge each other’s desires, likes and dislikes and thus adjusting accordingly. It is important for both partners to meet at the middle which will result in a happy relationship in the long term.
Have realistic expectations: It is important to have realistic expectations with your partner as far as sex is concerned as there are bound to be differences. However, if there are certain points which you think may cause problems, it is important to discuss them right at the start of a relationship, as they may end up causing problems in the long run.
Why is sexual compatibility important?
Sexual compatibility is very important as physical attraction and shared pleasure are two of the major contributors to pair bonding within a relationship. It is very important to be able to discuss sexual compatibility as this often gets buried under financial and social compatibility. However, it may cause major strife and marital problems later. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.