Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JayareenaYour feedback matters!
Hey Dr. I jst want to lose weight and want to get slim so please suggest something. Is there a need of any pills too? Am too desperate to lose fat specially around thighs. please give me a solution.
Partners’ Responses to Entry Dyspareunia
A new study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine has examined the relationship between a male partner’s cognitions and a woman’s experiences with entry dyspareunia.
Specifically, the study focused on male catastrophizing and views of his partner’s self-efficacy. Researchers explored how these two factors influenced his female partner’s pain intensity, sexual function, and sexual satisfaction.
Dyspareunia refers to painful intercourse. Entry dyspareunia occurs when vaginal penetration causes the pain. It is estimated that 21% of women have problems with entry dyspareunia, which can greatly affect quality of life.
The study authors defined catastrophizing as “an exaggerated and negative set of cognitions during real or anticipated painful experiences.” Self-efficacy was defined as “the confidence an individual has in his or her ability to perform a specific task.”
One hundred seventy-nine couples participated in the study. The mean age for the women was 31 years. For the men, it was 33 years. The mean relationship duration was six years. Women reported having pain for a mean of six years.
To assess the couples, the following measures were used:
• Pain Numeric Visual Analog Scale (women’s pain intensity)
• Female Sexual Functioning Index (women’s sexual functioning)
• Global Measure of Sexual Satisfaction (women’s sexual satisfaction)
• Pain Catastrophizing Scale (women’s and partners’ catastrophizing)
• Painful Intercourse Self-Efficacy Scale (women’s and partners’ self-efficacy)
After controlling for the women’s catastrophizing and self-efficacy, the researchers found that the women’s pain was less intense when their partners had higher levels of partner-perceived self-efficacy and lower levels of catastrophizing.
This authors suggest that in the case of couples dealing with entry dyspareunia, a man’s catastrophizing may make a woman more aware of her pain, thus increasing its intensity.
However, partner-perceived self-efficacy and partner catastrophizing did not appear to affect the women’s sexual function or satisfaction.
Many women continue to have sex despite their pain out of concern for their partners, so intercourse could be happening no matter what levels of partner catastrophizing or partner-perceived self-efficacy were present.
The authors also noted that women’s own perceptions of their sexual situation may carry more weight than their partner’s views.
“[Women’s] cognitions about pain (for example their own self-efficacy with regards to pain management and degree of pain catastrophizing) may serve to better explain variation in their sexual experience,” they wrote.
The study results point to the importance of considering the couple’s relationship when treating women with entry dyspareunia.
“Explaining to the couple how they both have a role to play in the experience of entry dyspareunia pain may serve to increase partner implication in treatment, diminish the identified patient’s feelings of guilt, and help in motivation toward change,” they wrote.
The Journal of Sexual Medicine
Lemieux, Ashley J., MA, et al.
“Do Romantic Partners' Responses to Entry Dyspareunia Affect Women's Experience of Pain? The Roles of Catastrophizing and Self-Efficacy”
(Full-text. First published online: June 27, 2013)
- See more at: http://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/partners-responses-to-entry-dyspareunia#sthash.UKc8jmw6.dpuf
I'm 19 years old female my weight is increasing day by day I had done every thing like I started 2 drink water more n green tea twice and eating less and I'm doing gym for 2 months but nothing happen I don't eat junk food any more after doing this much things I can't lose my weight so I left every thing I again started 2 gain my weight please help me doctor give some effective solution so that I can lose weight fast.
Is there any side effects of using tomato juice on face everyday. . Or if I Lev tomato juice on face overnight any side effects to skin.
Sir my teeth's are yellow plated sir how can I remove the yellowness of my teeth's sir please help me I shall be thankful to you for this.
I am having a hairfall problem since a year. I tried getting bald but it didn't help. I also used many shampoos but was of no use. Please suggest some measures. Thanks.
Hi i am 25 yrs old yesterday night few bleeding in my left breast and pain also. I am very afraid please tell me it could be a cancer.Please suggest
My wife is pregnant and we have consulted a Doc. As per advise we have done the ultrasound and the report says that missed abortion and the reason being cardiac activity absent. The doc has advised for abortion. Need a suggestion that whether should go for abortion or should go for 2nd opinion.
I am becoming fat. What I have to do I am not eating sweets and fatty foods and I dieting and also I am doing exercise.
My leg muscle get extremely fatigued even after normal walk. I have back pain too if I sit without any support. My heel and calf muscle pain and therefore I find difficult to walk. What medicine should I take.
Hi I am 22 I have started gaining a lot of weight due to improper schedules My hands and tummy have increased very much Please give me a healthy diet and some home floor exercises to do with I really want to look proper shaped please help me out.
Hi My son is 8 year old his teeth are yellow. I myself brush is teeth properly. What should be done to make his teeth white and what can be the cause of yellowness?
I am 32 years old and my height is 5'10' my weight is 90kg n my waist is 38.I want to reduce my waist and weight.Please help me. I am vegetarian.
Sir, My height is 5.5 feet and my age is 20 so please tell me some tips to increase height and what are the causes of stopping growth of height.
Melasma is a common skin problem where the skin becomes patchy brown, tan, or there is blue grey facial skin discoloration. It is also known as chloasma or mask of pregnancy. It occurs in women during the reproductive years and occurs rarely in men. It is primarily related to external sun exposure, external hormones like birth control pills and internal hormonal changes seen during pregnancy. Women with Melasma have a history of daily or intermittent sun exposure.
- Symptoms of Melasma: Melasma causes patches of discoloration, which are darker than typical skin colour. It occurs symmetrically with matching marks on both sides of face. It normally appears on the upper cheeks, upper lip, forehead and chin. It can also occur on the other areas of one's body which are often exposed to sun. Skin discoloration is not physically harmful, but it can affect the self-confidence of a person. Darker skinned individuals are more at risk as compared to fair skinned individuals. Melasma is associated with oestrogen and progesterone sensitivity, thus it can be triggered by birth control pills, pregnancy and hormone therapy. In few cases, stress and thyroid disease can also cause Melasma. Women taking hormone replacement therapy during menopause are also at high risk of getting Melasma
- Diagnosis of Melasma: A visual exam of the affected area is sufficient to diagnose Melasma. The doctor will perform the wood's lamp examination that uses ultraviolet (UV) light to look at the skin closely. However, the doctor may perform a biopsy to check for any serious skin conditions.
- Treatment of Melasma: When Melasma is caused by pregnancy or birth control pills, it disappears on its own. One can use creams containing hydroquinone or prescribed topical steroids, which can lighten the tone of the affected areas. Other options include chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion which will remove the upper layers of skin and help lighten dark patches. In cases of severe Melasma, doctor may suggest laser treatments to remove the dark pigment.
It is quite possible that Melasma will clear up with treatment, there are things one must do to not to aggravate the condition and minimize appearance of the discoloration. These include usage of makeup to cover areas of discoloration, wearing sunscreen daily or wearing a hat with wide brim to provide shade to the face. The patients with Melasma are known to be at a lesser risk for Melanoma. Even if Melasma disappears, it can strike back especially if preventive measures regarding exposure to sun are not followed. Resolution with strict sun avoidance and topical bleaching creams can take sufficient time and patients should expect slow, but gradual lightening.