Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor. My wife get married now. Tonight our first night. She take i-pill now. From this i-pill pack. How many days she avoid pregnancy? Later how I will get pregnancy signs. She is very serious. No need children from now.
Pregnancy test negative means not pregnant but i'm not getting my period why? Its been 2 weeks late my period time. An d I have no pregnancy symptoms at all.
I have pcod problem .recently I came to know about it. Please tell me about the diet to take and what to avoid to recover from the problem early. I am taking medicines as suggested my gyaeno.
I missed my periods from 1 month. I have been checked by pregnant kit. It shown negative result. So I want to confirm that how much time period will take to come?
Whether having unwanted pregnancy tablet may result in microcephaly in my child. I had that tablet in 2 months after a day bleeding came but scan reports baby is fine after 4 months completed report says cranial anomaly, further scan report result was microcephaly ,can you guess the cause.
I am 40 yes old, was diagnosed hyperthyroidism during 3rd pregnancy. I have been untreated since that time. That has been 4 years ago. I try to educate myself and live as drug free as possible. Months ago I was hospitalized for bad kidney infection and I don't think I ever recovered from it. My urine since then has been consistency dark in color and has very strong odor. I have no pain or irregularities otherwise. I have a bad diet n I don't consume many liquids. I cannot gain weight and desperately want to. I suffer from high anxiety and it keeps me from eating. I also am social drug user of methamphetamine. Help, I cannot afford a doctor.
Gd eve. Last week our ivf treatment result-negative. But 3 stages is so good 1. Egg retrieval 2. 6-embryos so good for plasosyte-8 division 3. 2-embryos transferred success. Balance 3-embryos- still freezing. But our doctor says embryos not to set in uterus if tamil says (Karu ottala) what we do next pls consider for success next cycle. This week am try to another attempt above embryos freezing. Immediate make attempt in case any side effects in my wife. My wife age is 29. Any advice for this 4th stage what success we do? Pls doctor our family so suffered.
After MTP done last month I yet doesn't got my periods is my progesterone level is low? If so then what to do for periods to come.
Hi doctor pls explain me the white discharge occurs after ovulation whether it represents the pregnancy or period symptom.
How to loose my weight after pregnancy and even tummy please guide me also my hairs r getting white what should I use?
Problem is related to my wife. A white liquid is getting leaked from her vagina frequently. Can you please suggest us a treatment or medicines to get relief from this issue? We are worried as it may affects her to get pregnant & we are planning to have a child?
I'm 24 ange man. Me and my girlfriend mates tomorrow, from that we have a tension about the chances or pregnancy. Her periods last date was 25th August. Is there is any possibility for pregnancy doctor.
Hello doctor. I am unmarried. My LMP was dec 31st 2014. I have 35 days cycle. I had intercourse on january 23rd 2015.So for safety i took mifepristone 200 mg(advised in pharmacy & friends). Till now i have not got my periods. Its almost 2 months now. But my UpT test done on march 3rd 2015 is negative.I am very anxious and stressed. Please tell me what should i do ?
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries include producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
Hii my last periods date was may 28 and in June 28 I was suppose to come but still now I have not yet got my periods I have got intimate with my bf nd it was unprotected but we took care but not getting pregnant but still I have not got periods I have check with pregnancy test it was negative . What should I do plzz help me . How can I get my periods back. What pills should I take . Plzz help.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can benefit a lot by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the sympto-thermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using sympto-thermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 26 years old, since 4 years I am suffering with PCOD problem and heavy hair fall, weight gain, 5 months back I got married. I want to get rid of this PCOD problem. Please Health me.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.