Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagan Mohan ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am aged 60 suffering from prostrate expansion since one year. I am not a sugar patient. I have burning sensation at sexual life. No other symptoms on urine passage. Suggest precautions.
Head and neck cancers usually start in the squamous cells and are also referred to as squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. It occurs in the nose, throat, mouth and salivary glands. Head and Neck cancers are further classified into various categories on the basis of the area of the neck and head where they occur. Although head and neck cancers are different, they both occur inside the mouth, sinuses, nose, salivary glands and throat, which are considered as a group.
Salivary gland cancers are generally very infrequent. An assortment of cancer causing cells is present in salivary glands, so various types of salivary gland cancers have been found to occur.
If you are habituated to consuming tobacco and alcohol, then you are at the highest risk of suffering from head and neck cancer; however, it can also be caused in people who suffer from infections caused by human Papilloma virus. Other factors may include:
- Oral health- Untreated gum diseases and oral cavity can be the reasons behind the development of the disease.
- Sex- Women are less prone to head and neck cancers than men.
- Lack of Nutrition- If your body is lacking in certain nutrients; you are more likely to catch the disease.
- Age- People above 40 years of age are more susceptible to head and neck cancer.
- Difficulty in swallowing- Inflammation and pain in throat, leading to a problem in swallowing.
- Hoarse Voice- Hoarseness or change in the voice.
Apart from this, there are some symptoms which show up in a specific area of your head and neck, such as:
- Oral Cavity- A red or white patch on the tongue, the gums or the lining of the mouth.
- Pharynx- Trouble in breathing and swallowing followed by a frequent headache.
- Surgery- Surgery is usually to remove the primary tumour in toto or as much as feasible. Also, clearence of the lymph nodes that are involved is done during surgery at the same time.
- Radiation Therapy- Radiation therapy is considered where functions like speech can be conserved.
- Chemotherapy- Radiotherapy in combination with chemotherapy can help, if you are suffering from a more advanced form of head and neck cancers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.
What are the general symptoms of blood cancer? How we can analysis it? What are the primary treatments? Is it transmits to other organs?
Hi, My Age 30 suffering from Granulomatous inflammation in right breast I had done mammography and sonography the report say-Finding in the right breast are Probably benign (BIRADS-3. And now I had done a FNAC the report say-Features consistent with Granulomatous inflammation. Excisional Biopsy will be conclusive. But my doctor say me Excisional biopsy is not needed as I don't have pain or fever. She prescribed me clarithromycin 500mg and defzacort now. Pls suggest me as I wanted a opinions from yours Thankingyou.
My mom 45 years old, right neck level 3 recurrence of suggestive squamous cell carcinoma well differentiated perineal invasion identified which case known as tongue cancer op/rt/ct Please tell me what is the current situation of my mom health because now doctor said we gave all treatment now nothing possible. But she had surgery last September and rt/ct. And again surgery done this may after that we not taken any treatment doctor given only methotrexate chemo Drug's because they said for the first time only she received all treatment until 2 years we can't suppose to give any palliative chemo/DR. Sir is this the same related to tongue cancer or this is new cells like skin cancer because now we have only options trying some ayurvedic medicine so if we know exactly about this that we can get suitable medicine.
I feel urge for urinating just after passing urine. And again few drops comes. It happens 3-4 times even after passing full urine. I feel that bladder is not completely empty. Its irritating to go to loo again n again. Specially in night. I drink a lot of water during day n night. Please suggest some home remedies n medicines. I went for sonography. Prostate is little enlarged but not significant. urologist told its not so serious and did not prescribed any medicine. Thanks.
My wife, 61, is suffering from ovarian cancer since 2009. After chemotherapy and surgery in 2009 ovaries with surrounding organs removed after which she was fine till 2012 when CA marker again started rising. After chemotherapy in 2012 she was again fine till 2014 when recurrence noted through CA level rising. Again chemotherapy in 2014 and CA level came down after three cycles. But 6 cycles could not completed due to sensitivity . After that we are following naturopathy with Budwig diet. Although she is fine clinicallynow with full energy, her CA marked has increased upto 300. She is diabetic but controlled after taking one tab of Glyciphage 500. Pl tell me what is relation between sugar level in the blood and CA level in the blood. Should we go for chemo again or continue naturopathy with Budwig diet?
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
She had pain in Breast before two days and her mom say ware bra then it will gone. She did it she lost her pain. Why she got pain give the answer please ?
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.