Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagan Mohan ReddyYour feedback matters!
Ultrasound report states. Ureters: Are not Dilated. U Bladder: Shows normal contour and outline in distension, No Echogenic Shadow, Suggesting Calculi Seen. Bladder Wall is Slightly Thickened. Prostatic Wt 19gms/ PVRU 28 ml d/d prostate 1) Is Prostate is normal in size? 2) Is prostate can lead to problem in urine flow in this size? 3) What is treatment? Thanks.
Since last July, i've discovered two lumps in my breasts, one in because i'm only 20 years old, i'm trying to conceive myself that it is just some harmless stuff since i'm kind of, these last months, it started hurting just before my period begins and they grow larger, what should i do ? please help
Agar mai anus se sex krta hoon or penis anus me daal ta hoon to kya aids ya cancer k chances hai.PLease tell.
I wanted to ask that I have Lipoma on my forehand, back and tighs. I have already consulted doc and he suggested that nothing serious. Can you please confirm the same?
I'm 24 years old female. Got married recently. I'm getting water from my breast. May I know what could be the reason. Isn't health problem?
Know how Healthy diet will help you to avoid obesity and cancer
Hello everybody I am Dr. Sajjan Rajpurohit. I am a consultant medical oncologist at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute. Today I will be talking about the role of healthy diet in cancer.
Many cancers in both men and women are associated with obesity and decrease physical exercise and our diet. From the important component into the the central or the Truncal obesity. The common cancers which are associated with obesity are colon cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer and breast cancer. So having a good healthy diet which includes ample amount of fibers along with a good degree of proteins of fat composition not more than 15-20 percent of the total diet and carbohydrates not exceeding more than thirty-five to forty percent of the total calorie intake and such diet if its taken it also leads to decreased aging, decrease oxidative stress on the body and it decreases the chance of these cancers. So enhance your diet with ample amount of fruits, fibers nuts and also don't forget to take lot of water on a daily basis and regarding junk foods we should try to avoid them as far as possible. However once a week it's okay if we go out the balance diet.
For more information you can log into lybrate and you can contact me.
Cervical cancer is a kind of cancer that develops in the cervix of a woman. Cervix an an area between the uterus and vagina. It is preventable if diagnosed in early stages. Going for regular pap tests and taking a HPV vaccine can significantly lower the risk of cervical cancer. These symptoms include abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods, low back and lower abdominal pain, postcoital bleeding and strange smelling discharge. If not diagnosed in time, it can be life-threatening and requires intense treatment.
- Prevention of cervical cancer: There is usually no certain way of preventing cervical cancer, but by following a number of practices there is a possibility that you can prevent it. There are 3 major ways of prevention of cervical cancer, which include the following:
- Safe sex: Major cases of cervical cancer are caused due to an infection by a virus known as human papillomavirus or HPV. This virus is usually transmitted by sexual means and having unprotected sex might leave you at the risk of getting infected by this virus during the sexual intercourse. You should practice safe sex using protection such as condoms. This reduces your chances of being infected by the virus. This virus is transmitted via all types of sexual contact, which includes skin contact between the genitals. People who have unprotected sex with multiple sexual partners are at an increased risk of getting cervical cancer due to the HPV virus.
- Cervical screening and vaccination: Having a cervical screening or pap smear test on a regular basis is an efficient way to detect abnormal changes in the cervix cells, at a very early stage. Even if you are being vaccinated for the HPV virus, cervical screening is essential as the vaccines against HPV virus are not always successful in providing protection from cervical cancer. If you had been previously treated for abnormal changes in the cervix cells, you should undertake more frequent screening tests. The regularity of undergoing cervical screening depends on the severity of the cell change. You should report any symptom you experience in spite of having regular cervical screening. Several vaccines are used for protection from HPV infections.
- Avoid smoking: You can prevent the chances of having cervical cancer by giving up smoking. In case of smokers, it is more difficult to eliminate the HPV infection from the body, and the chances of cervical cancer get enhanced. You can undertake various measures in order to quit smoking and prescribed medicines can be used to treat withdrawal symptoms.
Cervical cancer causes great strain on the body and it may spread all over the pelvic region. In some cases, distant tissues are also affected by cervical cancer. You should consult a doctor immediately after experiencing any symptom of cervical cancer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I have prostate gland enlargement. Gland size is small. I am taking Veltam plus OD. What more I need to do?
Hi sir, my father diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014, now it's metastatic , due you treat it?Please tell.
USG Report showed Prostate borderline engagement in size but normal shape. Measure: 40.5 mm x 33.0 mm x 32.4 mm and Volume: 22.7 cc (approx). Also I have multiple calculi within GB lumen and so will proceed for an operation for the stone removal. Please suggest me any medicine if required for the treatment to reduce the prostate size.
Hi, My Mammography report are as follows. Please suggest if its a cancerous or any pre-sign of some issue? Is it common or not? Few nodular, well defined rounded calcific opacities are seen in bilateral breasts, (Left > Right), likely to be tiny calcific fibro adenoma, fat necrosis / degenerative changes, largest in left breast is seen in upper inner quadrant, measuring approximately 2.8 mm; A small, well defined opacity measuring approximately 11 x 9 m is seen with few micro-calcific mono-morphic densities, in right breast upper inner quadrant - likely to represent a fibro-adenoma with degenerative changes obvious other focal lesion or definite secondary signs of malignancy noted. No pleomorphic micro-calcifications, skin thickening or evidence of recent breast nipple retraction seen.
Why is Cancer the biggest Threat to the YOUNG in India?
There are fewer Indians who have successfully battled Cancer and have emerged successful. Yuvraj Singh, the legendary cricketer, who was diagnosed with a rare cancer at 29, survived due to an early detection. Cancer cases in India are not as many as they are in the developed world. However, due to late detection the survival rate in the country is far worse. Particularly, we are losing our youth to Cancer. Most tobacco (pan masala) related cancers and child cancers go undetected until very late.
Few cancers like cervical cancer and breast cancer which affect women of any age, are curable, however, due to lack of awareness and timely screening, many Indian women succumb to these cancers. The most common sites for cancer among men are lung, prostate, colon, rectum, stomach and liver while that among women are breast, colon, rectum, lung, cervix and stomach.
In proportion to our population, we lack the right infrastructure nationwide. esp in the northern and north eastern region, there is a dearth of good cancer facilities, where radiation, care or treatment can be given. Not even one third of cancer patients are alive beyond 5 years after their diagnosis in India, and about 71% of cancer deaths occur in patients in their prime productive years — between the ages of 30 to 69 years.
“Most Indians believe that cancer is generally incurable and that it should be kept secret from neighbors and family.” - Dr Paul Goss, MD, Harvard University.
All these factors have contributed to a very high mortality rate. No wonder Cancer is dreaded in the country. Investment, infrastructure, lifestyles as well as mindsets need to change if we were to contain the Cancer mortality rate. While you need to watch out for early signs of cancer, here are the lifestyle changes every individual esp. all youth must adopt to avoid cancer.
Avoid Tobacco - both smoking and chewing.
Reduce alcohol intake - Save your organs from deteriorating.
Limit UV ray exposure from the sun - Keeps your skin safe.
Maintain a healthy diet - Include foods rich in Vitamins, minerals and fiber which nourish your body and build immunity.
Increase your level of fitness - Maintain a good bodyweight. Additional flab invites a host of troubles, that includes variety of cancers.
Seeking regular medical checkup or screening - This is the only way to prevent and get detected early on.
Hi, I have right breast wall pain from past 3 months it is mild and it is radiating to neck and shoulder. I went to gynic she told everything is normal and went to ortho he told it is muscular pain they didn't order ultrasound or scan my pain is lil bit reduced now but I am scary thinking about breast cancer Please suggest My age is 26 Thanks in advance.
I have boil near my breast in which their is no pain and this boil does not increase, decrease.i consult with surgeon she tell me their is no problem with this pls consult me is it dangerous.
I have prostrate problem . I am 60 years old. Does sex life is affected after the operation, if yes for how long.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer. I heard that uv rays are also cause of skin cancer. Is it true?
Hello sir my question is around two years ago in my sister breast nipple there was some blood came out we gone to doctor and he done small surgery and assured as that she is perfectly fine and also say that remove nipple for better future that this type of situation will not occur again but we didn't do that after that we started homeopathic treatment for one and half a year in that one half a year lump came out and spread in her breast now situation is pus blood is came out from that and we are taking treatment from cancer healer center now that said go with report for fnac now please help me what is the better treatment that save her life and breast to because going surgery that removing breast is not worthy for girl at age of only 28 please advice us best treatment.
In one’s fight with cancer, an inevitable harsh reality stands in the face- imminent loss of hair with cycles of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Cancer treatment aftermaths is not about a person’s battle with the disease but with oneself after he or she has already defeated one’s cruelest enemy.
We fully and absolutely agree that Beauty is Skin Deep; but it’s just that having gorgeous locks of hair does wonders in boosting one’s self-esteem and confidence. We, at Berkowits, bow down to the warrior spirits in you and lends you a friendly helping hand by offering distinct wigs and hair prosthetics for cancer patients and cancer survivors.
For cancer patients there is wide variety of wigs to choose from, in various styles and colors depending upon an individual’s desires and requirements. These wigs are lightweight, comfortable, safe and are suitably ventilated to wear during heat and humidity. The experts at our clinic assist you in choosing the right wig depending on your face, personality and these wigs can be styled as per your wish. Patients suffering from Alopecia Areata totalis and Alopecia aerate universalist can avail this facility. Berkowits provide wigs for cancer patients, best hair wigs for cancer patients, synthetic hair wigs for cancer patients, wigs for cancer patients in Delhi.
Various types of wigs available at our clinic are:
- Ready-to-wear human hair wig
- Made from 100% real human hair and looks natural
- Durable and lasts long
- Can be styled, colored, blow-dried etc. just like your own hair
- Ready-to-wear synthetic hair wig
- Made from synthetic thread
- Easy to wash, leave to dry and care for as they bounce back to their original shape and style
- Hair dryer and heated rollers cannot be used
- Cheaper than human hair wig
- Customized wigs
- Tailor made to suit your face, persona and can be styled and colored as per your desire
- Can be made from synthetic or human hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.