Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagadeesh BabuYour feedback matters!
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate.
The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting. Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision.
What is ADHD?
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity or ADHD is a brain disorder that has seen a sudden rise in the recent years. It is most prevalent among children, however, if left untreated, adults too can continue showing ADHD traits that started in their childhood. In the USA alone, over two million children are currently under treatment for ADHD. As per a study conducted by Skogli and others in 2013, ADHD is more commonly found in boys than in girls, with a ratio of 3:1.
Causes and symptoms:
Researchers are still exploring the factors that may cause ADHD. However, there are chances that this disorder is hereditary. In this fast moving world parents often fail to provide their child with proper attention and care leading to ADHD. It has been found that ADHD is more prevalent among single parent families.
ADHD symptoms range between mild, moderate to severe. These symptoms normally start before the age of twelve, while in some children they may start as early as three. Children with ADHD fail to pay proper attention, easily get distracted, frequently forget to do daily activities, may avoid or dislike tasks that require mental effort and have trouble organizing tasks and activities. Other symptoms include hyperactivity and hypersensitivity - like talking too much, interrupt other’s conversation. If you notice these symptoms in your child don’t hesitate to consult an expert.
Homeopathy in Treating ADHD
Unlike conventional medicine, homeopathy is non-toxic, safe and yet effective. In conventional treatment medicines like Ritalin/methylphenidate and other psychiatric drugs are used. Although these drugs may provide some short-term benefits, however, are ineffective when it comes to long-term benefits. Above all these medications have side-effects such as restlessness, anxiety, tremors, headaches, allergic reactions, dizziness, abdominal discomfort among many. Some children may even experience a dramatic reduction in height. These side-effects make the parents and doctors explore other alternatives to treat ADHD before resorting to conventional medicine.Homeopathy is a viable alternative to treat children and individuals with ADHD.
Various researchers have acknowledged that homeopathy is a much safer treatment with good results. According to Frei and Thurneysen(2001), homeopathic medicines have same benefits to that of conventional drugs like Ritalin. However, homeopathic medicines don’t have the side effects that Ritalin has. Overall Ritalin showed 65 percent improvement rate, while homeopathic medicines showed an impressive 73 percent improvement rate.
Standard Homeopathic remedies to treat ADHD –
As homeopathic medicines are non-toxic and safe to use, one doesn’t necessarily need a prescription to buy them. There are several popular homeopathic remedies that one may use to treat ADHD. Stramonium is one such popular remedy; it is obtained from Datura stramonium. Other popular remedies include Cina, Hyoscyamus, Tuberculinum, Vertaal and Arseniod. These are some of the remedies that may be used to treat ADHD, however before taking any medicine always consult a licensed medical practitioner.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Are you suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and looking for an effective treatment? You can choose homeopathic treatment as it is natural and is free from any side effect. Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of autoimmune disease, which causes inflammation of the joints. The inflammation can be chronic and does not subside on its own. It leads to destruction of your joint tissues. Here are some top homeopathic medicines, which are used for treating rheumatoid arthritis:
- Causticum: This is one of the primary homeopathic medicines used to treat rheumatoid arthritis when there are joint deformities. The patient weakens over time and the muscles lose strength eventually. The patient feels extremely restless during the night and the restlessness is associated mostly with the legs. Contractions in the tendons likely result in deformities and intense pain. The pain is tearing in nature. Due to weakness of the forearm muscles, the patient may not have a firm grip on anything. The pain usually improves by keeping the affected the area warm.
- Caulophyllum: This is an effective medicine for rheumatoid arthritis and is commonly used for women. It is used when small joints are affected more, compared to the larger joints in the limbs. This medicine is mostly used to treat arthritis of fingers of your hands and feet. The pain keeps on changing positions all the time within a small span of time. At one moment, you may feel it on your right hand, and soon after it may affect your left hand. Gradually, it shifts towards the feet as well.
- Colchicum: This homeopathic medicine is usually required during chronic stages of rheumatoid arthritis. It affects several tissues such as periosteum, synovial membranes and other muscle tissues. The inflamed parts turn red, become hot and swollen. The pain is expected to worsen during the evening and night. The fingertips may feel numb and you may feel some joint stiffness as well. A feverish feeling is also likely.
- Ledum Pal: This medicine is used in the cases of rheumatoid arthritis where the rheumatoid starts in the feet and travels upwards spreading to the upper joints of the body. The patient feels cold, but still cannot bear any amount of warmth. The small joints present in the feet are commonly affected. Swelling in the toes and ankles is a common symptom.
- Bryonia: This is an excellent homeopathic medicine for rheumatoid arthritis. It is used when all the joints and joint membranes are swollen and affected. The pain experienced is unbearable and increases with motion. The inflamed joints become red and swollen.
To know the best homeopathic remedy which is ideal for treating your rheumatoid arthritis, you should visit a trained homeopathic practitioner.
Psoriasis is a condition in which rapidly multiplying skin cells cause the affected area to become rough, scaly and itchy. The affected area becomes red and sometimes painful and while the disease can’t be cured, it can be managed by limiting the rapidly multiplying cells. The immune system is thought to be compromised in psoriasis which leads to infection by opportunistic bacteria such as streptococcus. Untill, recently, psoriasis was thought to be idiopathic, but studies show emotional imbalance or triggers such as cold and infections might lead to activating an inherently present gene. Even though it is usually limited to the skin, it can affect the joints and nails too. This autoimmune disorder occurs in patches wherein the scaly formation might become irksome, especially if it is in uncommon areas such as the mouth and the genitalia. Psoriasis is also thought to be a result of alcoholism or medication such as lithium which is used to treat epilepsy or bipolar.
Common homeopathic remedies
When treating psoriasis, homeopathy is a trove of invaluable resources and treatment options. Medication is customised to the patient after taking into account their personal medical history.
Homeopathy acts by trying to manage the root cause of psoriasis which is an immunocompromised state of being. The added advantage of homeopathy in treatment is the lack of side effects.
Here are some of the most feasible treatments for treating psoriasis with homeopathy.
1. Kalium Bromatum (Kali Brom): It is the first line of treatment in a lot of cases of psoriasis especially when the red patches are covered with silver scales. It is also used in case of syphilitic psoriasis.
2. Kalium Arsenicosum (Kali Ars): It is an effective treatment for psoriasis on the back and the arms.
4. Sulphur: It is best suited for skinny people or those who are forgetful.
5. Calendula: It helps soothe and provide temporary pain relief for affected areas especially if it is inflamed, but it doesn’t address the underlying cause of the disease and hence doesn’t treat it.
6. Kalium Sulphuricum (Kali Sulph): It is best used in Guttate psoriasis (Psoriasis exhibiting papules or solid growths on the skin), especially when sebaceous secretions are also involved.
7. Arsenic album: It is used in case of psoriasis that improves by applying warmth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.