Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed Khan
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed KhanYour feedback matters!
I have right parotid gland swelling since 15 years. Already it was diagnosed as not cancer type. Is there any nature cure for this gland swelling.
Hello doctor, My 4 year old son have a branchial sinus in right cheek. What is the appropriate step I should take for his cure. Is that severe or medium severe.
Sir, I am suffering from sore throat infection feeling uneasy when swallowing please suggest me to get free from strep throat.
I am 26 year old male, I am suffering from swelling of tonsil below my tongue and also suffering from cold. I am feeling very uneasy while talking, eating or drinking. Please suggest the treatment and medicine for quick relief ?
I am 26 year old and i have continues dizziness for 1 year I have shown many doctors but no one can identify my problem sir please help me I want to live freely.
Last week my son 4 and a half year old had an ear pain so took him to doc he said ear infection (given amoxicillin) told to bring him for cleaning wax then he said ear has fluid need to take it out gave a cetrizine syrup told to come after 10 days if the fluid is still there need to do microsurgery. Should I take a second opinion.
I am 24 year old male ,I should have a problem on talking while sleeping not daily but sometimes and also having snoring. Is lead to any sleeping dis orders problem and please explain what is the cause for talking while sleeping?
I am suffering from pain in ear I feel something tough inside which makes more painful when touched with an ear bud is it ear wax or something else.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
In general ear should be kept dry . Use oil soaked cotton or ear plugs epecially while swimming.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children and adults especially in adults.
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.