Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ilyas AhmedYour feedback matters!
I am 29 yrs. I am having belching of abdomen. I am having cough at present. What antibiotics i can choose. What is the treatment for belching?
Helo, doctor. My question is If we born with twins, the capacity of both child will be same. Or otherwise it will be differ. Example: first child got a half brain capacity but the second child is reduce his brain capacity and not too understand? its common or any reason? please help me.
Hi my name is satveer, I have two daughter. What should I give in food for good growth in terms of height. My daughter are 3 years n 5 years.
My baby is 7 months old and she is not sleeping properly at night due to runny nose. No fever. No cough. Please suggest some syrup.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
Hi my son is 3 years old & he takes proper diet however he do potty once in every alternate day. Please suggest.
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-April-2016 and currently he is having 55 days with 3.9 Kg around. From yesterday morning we observed quite frequently he is vomiting after having feed. Feed will be maximum with Similac Advance 1 with quantity of around 90 ml in the frequency of 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs interval since wife not having enough milk but still she was trying to feed him. And he passed motion yesterday morning with mixing of green and yellow colour after that now only he passed motion but smell is very bad and we observing like he used to crying lot for last 2 days. Kindly suggest your most valuable suggestions. We are awaiting for your response very much eagerly. Thanks
My child 3.5 yrs old male and having fever since 3 days in the nights, used syrups of Calpol, P-250 as doctors prescribed still it is same, please advise.
I gave breastfeed to my kid till 2 years but now I stop giving him. From last 3-4 days I felt pain in my left side of breast. I can't lie upside down on my bed while sleeping.
My 3 year daughter is having worm in the lower abdomen. For that she is never interested in food. Kindly advice some medication so that it can be cured.
My son is 5 years old. Since 1 year of age, he is having problem of severe constipation. We are bound to give him daily toll softener medicine for passing of stool. Without medicine immediately the stools becomes too tight and we are bound to use suppository/ anima. Kindly suggest permanent solution.
My kid baby boy age is 13 months but his weight is just 8 kg and the boy is very active. Please help me.
2.Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
3.Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
4.Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
5.If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
6.Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
7.Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
Source:British Homoeopathic association