Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ijs Gulati
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ijs GulatiYour feedback matters!
My daughter age is 4 years and 9 months ab tak bolna nahin sikhi hai please advice me what can i do to solve this problem?
My baby is now 1 and half month old. When he was 1 month old one day suddenly he spitted milk with red streaks. He usually spits after feeding. pediatrician gave him Yamoo (before every feed 5 drops in mother milk), Rantac (1 ml twice in a day), Domstal (3 drops thrice in a day) After 12 days yesterday morning he again spitted pink or peach colored milk after feeding, What is the reason and why this is happening to my son. Please help what should I do?
The sugar found in milk and other dairy products such as yoghurt and cheese is called lactose. An enzyme in the small intestine called “lactase” breaks lactose into galactose and glucose. When the lactose is not digested properly by the small intestine, it passes unbroken into the colon. The bacteria in the colon break the lactose down into hydrogen and carbon dioxide. People who fail to digest lactose in their small intestines are diagnosed with lactose intolerance.
Usually lactose intolerance only affects adults, but sometimes children do suffer from it. For children, their symptoms can be mild or very severe (for example, cramps, diarrhoea in children, etc.)
Normally, parents can confuse milk allergy with lactose intolerance. They do share the same symptoms, but they are completely different medical conditions. Milk allergy is caused by the immune system while lactose intolerance is a problem with the digestive system.
The causes of lactose intolerance include:
1. Absence or deficiency of the lactase enzyme
2. Infections in the gastrointestinal tract that damage the lining inside the small intestine
3. Gluten intolerance (It affects lactase production)
4. Genetics (Lactose intolerance can run in the family)
When the lactose is broken down in the colon, certain gases are produced. These gases can cause symptoms such as:
1. Abdominal inflammation and pain
2. Excessive burping
3. Loud sounds in the bowel
4. Excessive diarrhoea and gas
5. Explosive and watery bowel movements
6. A feeling of urgency when it comes to bowel movements (In children, they might feel like they need to get to the bathroom as soon as possible or they might embarrass themselves)
How best to treat it?
Living with lactose intolerance usually involves dietary modifications and taking supplements such as over-the-counter lactase to aid in digestion. For instance, you can replace milk with soy milk, or take lactase before ingesting any dairy product. Or alternatively, you can consume lactose-reduced or lactose-free milk and dairy products.
Calcium deficiency is a serious side effect of lactose intolerance. So incorporate calcium-rich foods such as broccoli, kale, tofu, almond, dried fruits, soybeans, turnip greens, collard greens and fortified orange juice in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.
My baby girl is 1 year old her stool has been in white color from the past two days. Is it sign of worry and what may be the reason for this?
I am 25 years female. I have low grade fever since last 4 months. I have taken lots of antibiotics but my fever has not gone yet. Recently I did widal test. My report is TO-1: 60, TH-1: 80, AO-1: 80, AH-1: 160, BO-1: 40, BH-1: 40. What does it mean? Do I have typhoid infection? Is it serious? Which doctor I should consult?
My baby is six months old now. Whenever I touch her forehead it is hot. Whether this problem is common or should I call my pediatrician. Why it happens so?
Lybrate Grow India Scholarship is a merit-cum-means scholarship, which aims at creating a better future for children through twin goals - Good Health and Good Education.
- Free Education: Your child will be provided with an assistance of Rs 25,000 every year towards education.
- Free Healthcare: Your child will be provided with an assistance of Rs 25,000 every year towards healthcare needs.
3 Step Scholarship Process
- Register online
- Online Aptitude Test*
- Telephonic Interview*
|Application||Fill the online application form||September 15, 2018|
|Online test (for age > 8 years)||Your child will have to take a basic online aptitude test.||October 30, 2018|
|Interview||If selected, your child will have to take a telephonic interview.||November 30, 2018|
|Winners||10 winners will be announced||December 30, 2018|
*If your child is below 8 years old, there won't be any Online Aptitude Test (Step 2).
*Telephonic Interview will be of one of the parents.
*Online aptitude test and the interview would have basic questions as per the child's age
- This Scholarship is being awarded by Lybrate India Pvt. Ltd.
- All adult individuals, having a child/children between the age of 0 years to 19 years, are eligible to participate in the Lybrate Grow India Scholarship, subject to the terms and conditions mentioned herein, which will be presumed to have been accepted by him/her.
- The applicant should be an Indian National.
- All applicants will be given a fair chance to win the scholarship.
- Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded.
- Each scholarship will cover the health and education of maximum two children, irrespective of the parent having more than two children.
- Incorrect or incomplete details will result in disqualification. The winners will also need to submit a photocopy of the following documents in order to claim the scholarship:
- Government-issued photo ID (Aadhaar card, or Passport).
- Child's birth certificate.
- In case of any conflict in the selection process, deadlines or scholarship conditions, the decision of the Lybrate selection team will be final and binding.
- The selection will be based solely on the basis of merit of the candidate. Lybrate is authorized to change the terms and conditions anytime during the entire course of the entire event.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there any fee for applying?
No, registration is completely FREE.
2. Is there any minimum age criteria for the child?
No. There is no minimum age criteria, you can even apply if your baby is about to born in next 1 month.
3. Is there any maximum age criteria for the child?
Only children below 19 years are eligible.
4. Is there any qualification criteria for parents?
No, there is no criteria for parents. Anyone can apply
5. What are the criteria for winning the scholarship?
- First, there will be an aptitude test for the child. There won't be an aptitude test in case the child is below 8 years.
- Second, there will be a telephonic interview of the child. If a child is below 8 years then the telephonic interview will be for one of the parents.
6. What would be asked in online aptitude test?
There will be a basic aptitude test tailor-made as per child's age.
7. What's Lybrate?
Lybrate is India's first and largest healthcare delivery and consultation platform. You can visit us at www.lybrate.com
Lybrate.com is India's first mobile healthcare communication and delivery platform. As a healthcare company, we understand that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. Poor health adversely affects the education and to ensure the best for your child's future, Lybrate has decided to combine the two!