Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. I. Rajendra Vara PrasadYour feedback matters!
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
I am 35 yr. I have a pain regularly in my left knee or leg when I go to sleep in my bed after som time pain starts. What should I do?
I am having swelling and pain just above my knee and can climb up the stairs but it pains with every step I get down the stairs. I am 55 yers and recently my blood test for rheumatoid arthritis came nil. If I wear knee cap there is little relief. What could be the cause and cure for this?
I am 40 yrs old, I have pain in low back for the past 2 months and I have knee pain for more than 2 years - can you help me
Help ji. I am a 45 year old woman. I have knee aches. I cannot effort to climb stairs two or three times a day. Please tell me what should do to fix this. I am tired by this issue. Help please.
Why patient with osteoarthritis been prescribed with aspirin; Tramadol; paracetamol and ondansetron? Patient has undergone surgery for cataract previously.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden but develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
I am having knee joints pain due to thinning of cartilage towards inner sides. Do you suggest any treatment for controlling or curing the same Sugunakar Reddy.
My son 28 year old experiencing pain in the left knee. Mri reports indicate lateral subluxatingpalettae, doctor advised for surgery, whether surgery is required?
I am 19 gear old man having knee ache for about 3 months I have also tried many pain killers and tubes but no effect, what should I do?
Arthritis is an agonising and degenerative condition caused by swelling and inflammation of the joints that causes pain and stiffness. Whether it is dull, sharp, smouldering or a pressure that must be described as having a hammer crushing one of your joints, chronic arthritis pain and joint inflammation is a very common disease among many adults.
Here are a few generic tips to help the condition of arthritis:
- General and regular exercising: Specialists prescribe the use of a workout plan that guarantees certain activities and exercise routine. The point of the regular exercising routine is to guarantee mobility and flexibility of the joints and enhance the scope of movement for patients. In the meantime, working out helps in enhancing the quality of the joints and allows better strength and support for the body. Along these lines, they help in diminishing both weight and strain on the joints.
- Weight control and healthy diet: Patients with arthritis will suffer more on account of weight gain. To keep away from an excess of weight and pressure on the joints as an after effects of weight gain, stay away from putting on weight. Eat healthier foods that comprise of more minerals and vitamins while giving less fat and calories to the body. Increasing vegetables and organic products in the eating regimen is great for arthritis pain. The leafy vegetables contain anti-oxidants. They also have anti-inflammatory effects on the joints and bones.
- Hot and cool treatment: Simple and basic hot and cold treatments can improve things greatly with regards to arthritis pain. Long, warm baths or showers particularly in the morning ease solidness and stiffness in your joints. Use an electric cover or warming cushion around evening time to keep your joints free and use moist warming cushions. Cool treatments are best to relieve arthritis pain. Wrap a gel ice pack or a sack of frozen vegetables in a towel and apply it to the painful joints for fast alleviation and relief from the pain and swelling.
- Inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods: Arthritis and joint pain can increase if patients continue using nourishments that have high inflammatory impacts. However, some might not have a thought of what the foods are or what they give to the body. One needs to abstain from eating fast and junk food and processed food products. Turmeric, the most basic Indian spice, has a chemical in it called curcumin that might have the capacity to diminish arthritis pain.
- Plan carefully: It is hard to tell when a flare-up may happen, making your joints turn out to be hard and swollen, or when you will try too hard while working out. Since you cannot anticipate these occasions, it is a smart thought to be prepared beforehand and get ready for issues before they emerge with medication and your emergency numbers in place.
I played football the moment I shot the ball I could hear 3 or 4 sounds from my knee. This happened on 18 July 2015 I guess I have injured my LCL amd ACL M having problems while walking. It pains. I can not walk straight pls help.
I am suffering fromArthiritis pain on both joints since 3 months.I am mala,70,have diabetes 2,and Hypertension,both under strict control.Please Advice me.
What preventive measure a person should take who is suffering rheumatoid arthritis in terms of food, exercise & so on.
Hi i am 32 years old I am suffering from RA from last one year. I have pains in all my joints & I unable to do my house hold work. Do ra causes pain all the days what is treatment for permanent cure for this. I have two small kids I have to take care of my kids but my pain is killing me I am helpless please please give me any permanent suggestion so that I can live for my kids & hubby. Now I am taking sazoo-500, caleat kd-500mg daily & sumoflame half tablet when pain becomes more. Please dr' s give me permanent treatment for this ra when ever I get pain I think that I should not live in this world but my kids & hubby' s love making me to live.
I am suffering with knee problem .its very pain ful during walking or climbing. I had been concern with doctor .positive result is seen.
Hi, I am 48 years old and I suffer from severe knee ache. So bad that I had to get a corrective surgery on one leg to straighten it up .but the problem is that the other knee is bad and I don't want to undergo a surgery there. Please can you advice me on how to save my knee and reduce the ache .please. I am a teacher so I need to stand n walk a lot which is next to impossible right now.
A. Hydrotherapy is really good for bone related problems like osteoporosis arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis back pain spondylitis and other types of arthritis
B. Strengthens weak muscles
C. Reduces pressure on painful joints
D alleviates stress
E. Improves coordination balance and posture
F. Increases core strength and stability
G. Aids weight loss.