Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. I.Dhana LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Everyone can understand that men feel anxious and upset when they are diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. However, not many know that if these feelings are not dealt with then you may suffer from anxiety, depression as well as erectile dysfunction. The statistics agree with this statement that 82% of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction also suffer from depression. The science also agrees with this statement that depression causes chemicals in your brain to get out of balance and this may mean that you have lesser sexual desire and perhaps even impotency. Here is how to diagnose as well as cope with erectile dysfunction and depression and anxiety.
Diagnosing erectile dysfunction and depression:
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem as about 50% of men above 50 years of age suffer from it. Infact it is now becoming common in as young as 28-30 years of age. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize depression when it is part of the problem. Here is how depression is diagnosed when it is known you have erectile dysfunction:
1. Loss of Sexual Desire
2. Erectile dysfunction starts happening after a traumatic event like loss of a job or of a loved one
3. Feelings of stress, anxiety or frustration
4. Pessimistic outlook to life
Coping with erectile dysfunction and depression:
Being unable to deal with erectile dysfunction can cause men to lose their self-esteem, feel angry, anxious and frustrated, or even lose interest in sex altogether. This can threaten their relationships and may even result in depression. Erectile dysfunction is treatable, but the time before and during treatment may be difficult. Here is some advice to assist you and your partner in getting your sex life back on track.
1. Antidepressants: Antidepressants are used to treat depression, however some antidepressants worsen erectile dysfunction, therefore it is crucial that you explicitly explain your condition to your doctor.
2. Behavorial Therapy: Therapy is performed by a mental health expert who will identify and help you overcome all the issues which are depressing you.
3. Counselling: Counselling by an experienced sexual therapist can help. Therapist who can identify the core issue and works upon with the patient to identify the issue and helps the person step by step over come the same. Repeated sessions may be required. And if possible both partners should join the sessions.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have a problem with my penis size and I get tired after 1st intercourse, pls suggest me how to improve the performance.
Hello doctor my self shantilal I am 40! Year old man I have skin allergies problem since 4 month what should I do please tell me.
There is a lot of pain my stomach everyday. Mostly when I eat some chilly food like french fries. So tell me what is the disease with my stomach.
My penis size is small and I want to increase my penis size. I want to make it long and thick. Please help.
I have mucus in stool, even blood comes with it. I go to gym regularly, so I need high protein foods. Milk is prohibited for me. Can I take egg whites , chicken , gram (chana)? Name other protein items I can take And also tell about protein foods that I can't take.
Many of my friend are saying that there will be many problems when we masturbates. What are the problems of it?
Can you suggest good gastroentrologist In pune to Cure stomach ache and gas problems due to lack of digestion power?
Hello sir, She is having diabetes for over 6 years. Her blood glucose level remains high what should she do?
I have severe ache in my arms That goes from head to neck then arms Is it cervical or migraine pain?
I have scalp psoriasis for more than 8yrs Does Liquour / smoking increases psoriasis What are the intake medicines and external applications like ointment and shampoo?
An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.