Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hasan Ahmed omairYour feedback matters!
1. Start chewing from both the side.
2. It may take 7-10 days to adjust with new crown or bridge.
3. Maintain proper oral hygiene with brushing twice a day.
I have problem in my teeth, brown spots are deposited and are not going even by brushing at the back of my teeth. so, please suggest.?
My wife suffering from teeth pain, last teeth of row damaged (sadha hua, she taken medicine from local doctor when she take it feel better but after some time it again started She taken dolonex dt tablet for relief.
I am suffering from oral sabmucus fibrosis what should I do. A doctor suggested me to take Ms. fibre tablet for 60 days. Is it works.
Calcium phosphate is the main component of the tooth enamel so any deficiency in calcium can cause damage to the enamel. Calcium is not only required for having healthy teeth but also healthy bones and heart.
Healthy teeth are a sign of good overall health and wellbeing. There are many factors that impact the health of the teeth such as improper diet, smoking, and sugar.
Benefits of calcium for teeth
- Calcium reduces the chances of losing a teeth
- It reduces chances of cavities
- Calcium, when combined with a proper nutritious diet, helps in increasing the longevity of the teeth
- Calcium can reduce chances of gum disease
- Calcium along with other minerals also help in improving blood supply around the teeth area
- A calcium compound, amorphous calcium phosphate helps in fluoride absorption in the tooth enamel
- It limits loss of mass in the jawbone
- Calcium also fortifies the bones around the jaw to reduce bone problems such as loss of bone structure as one gets older
- It helps in protecting the teeth from acidic components that cause tooth decay
To have healthy teeth, one needs to have a balanced diet that meets the regular calcium requirements besides following a healthy lifestyle.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth
Hi I am 25 years old, from one week I am suffering from cold, and also my thyroid glands are paining, and headache and also my teeth also paining Now what I should do?
Dr saheb pyrea hoo gaya hai teeth mein green and kala kala saa hoo gaya hai jiski wajah see lower front teeth thoda patla bhi hoo gaya hai daily brush bhi karta huin dant kanti and aab halka halka saa 2 pass kee teeth mein bhi kala kala saa hoo gaya hai masoodoo kee neechee help karen.
I have leaukoplakia and there are white lesions under my tongue, they go and come back, now they have become ulcer like and eating has become irritating in that particular area. I want that lesions go away.
I have red mouth ulcer and having I am having trouble in swallowing. I sometimes have a fever. This has been since 3 days. So please suggest me the best answer what I'm suffered from and solution to that.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!