Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Harsha VikramYour feedback matters!
Hi! My age is 32 I have cervical spondylitis I did show to orthopedic Doctor he gave me some pain medicines but still the pain is there I feel it's some nerve pain near my left ear which is causing pain in my left side head and left shoulder it jas also swollen near my left shoulder should I consult a neurologist for this nerve pain. Will neurologist solve my pain problem.
I am having a every back pain from the last few days. I do lot of driving. How can I be safe all the times by doing so.
Calcaneal spur per se is not the cause of pain. It is the swelling of sole membrane known as plantar fasciitis. Good shoes, less meat, no alcohol, apart from these three how this problem can be solved?
My right leg knee is too stiff and pains lot. My movement has become to slow. Please Advice me any good treatment in ayurveda.
I have serious problem of knee or back pain from last 2 years and due to this problem I got easily tired and have mental stress too I wanna know what should I do?
Sir, I am 23 years old. From last 2 day I have headache and also have pain back side of the brain. This is happening first time in my life. L had never before. What should I do. Please help me. Sometimes when I breathe from nose, then also pain is there inside my brain.
Sir, My ankles are having some pain during jogging and my eyes having some difficulties in watching in sun light!
I am 21 years old female. Everyday in night when I am going for get sleep, my right hand and right leg are start paining. It was started about 6/7 month ago. What should I do ?
I am 53 years old I have continuous slight pain on the back/end of my right lung. I use wishky daily evening 150 ml what should I do?
I have frequent swelling of fingers of legs and hand around the edges of the nails and after some time yellow liquid is also coming when pressed slightly , please advise
Sir,I am 71 years old I am having knee pain During walking I am using knee cap. How long I can use knee cap.
Sir/mam, I m 25yrs old and my right shoulder was little bend forward for which m doing exercise. What else should I do?
Hi, I am 35 years old, I have a pain in the toe (ring toe). What might be the reason. Please advise. I'm unable to walk fast. I get pain in the nerves.
My neck is paining. I guess I am having neck strain. What should I do? What medication should I take?
Hello sir, I have to much pain in my left shoulder for 7 months. I am also taking medicines for last 4 months from the best doctor of my city but there is nothing improved. I did MRI of my left shoulder & doctor said that this is arthritics & some swelling & liquid found in shoulder. What should I do.
Joint Replacement Surgery is a procedure where the damaged surface of the advanced arthritic joints are removed and replaced with artificial joints, such as metallic, plastic and ceramic joints.
These surfaces closely replicate the original anatomy.
When do you need a knee replacement?
When you suffer from severe pain or deformity in the joint (knee in this case), the pain or stiffness and deformity makes it difficult to perform simple tasks. Severe grade IV osteoarthritic knees of people over 50 years when have pain, swelling and deformity fail to respond to medicines, physiotherapy, injections and rest.
Aim of the surgery
- Correct the deformity: Relieve the pain and give near full movements almost immediately after the procedure. Details including techniques and safety, it is a safe, rewarding surgery with a success rate of as high as 99.5% when done by an able and experienced professional.
- Anaesthesia: Usually it is the spinal cord epidural where one is rendered numb for 3 to 4 hours waist down. Sometimes a general anaesthesia is given. A 4 to 5 inches cut is made in front of the knee and all the damaged cartilages, bones, loose bodies are removed from the lower end of the thigh, upper end of the tibia (usually of few millimetres) and the surface re-crafted to match the size and shape of the artificial joint (it is usually imported). They are fixed with bone cement. The ligaments and muscles are reattached and the parts closed.
- Recovery: Stand up and walk a few steps with a walker the day after the procedure i.e. in 24 hours. Physiotherapy in hospital for 5 to 7 days and/or walking, progressively longer walks and exercises over the following 15 days. Stitches are removed in 15 days. The patient can return back to normal activity in 4 to 8 weeks the surgery.
- Activities: Normal walks of 3 to 5 km per day Climbing stairs, cycling, swimming, and driving can be performed with the new implant(s) now.
- Avoid: Squatting/kneeling Prohibited: contact sports like football, cricket, tennis; jumping; adventure sports Longevity of joints: 15-35 years depending on the materials used.