Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harini KYour feedback matters!
What are the best Diagnostic tests for examining hearing loss in a child at 5 y old age. Secondly if a child is diagnosed with auditory nerve damage or cochlear tiny hair cells damage it can be treated with medication or there is no cure or hearing add machine can be set. Last thing child with hearing loss at 50 to 60 DB will need to set hearing add machine on both ear if the loss is in both ears and machine will set all the lifetime. Thanks.
My baby won't sacking my milk I tried nipple shield also now she was finished her 9 weeks. She was nursing only few times but not every time similarly I have low milk supply. I'm really hurts when I feed her formula milk. I don't know what to do!
My son is 4 years old. Doc suggest me to do vaccination of JE vaccine nd flu Vaccine. I want to know that is this compulsory or optional. Also want to know that why should we do these vaccinationation?
My baby has completed 6 weeks. For her 6 week vaccination. Wht is painful n painless vaccination. Wht is d difference n wht is d cost?
My nephew, 4 yrs, suffering from measles for the first time since 1 week, and now doctors said measles virus has affected brain, he is not even seeing just sleeping, after admitted in hospital, he was getting fits 1 day and next day it stopped and he is shivering for half minute, fever which stopped again started 102 degree, reports are normal, CT scan is normal, bt in MRI it showed as measles virus affected brain, there is no improvement in him since admitted in hospital except only rashes and fits, what it could be, and how much time will it take for him to recover and will there be any complications in the future.
My Son is one year old . Facing cold & cough again & again also what should I feed him bcz he not wants to eat cerelac , dal etc. What should I give me ?
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.