Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harini Balachander
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Harini BalachanderYour feedback matters!
I have a desk job for 8 hours a day I have a back pain and my weight also increase what should I do give me a answer.
Sir I have shoulder and neck pain. Actually I work for about 10 hours on the computer. The numbness is now also there on my right hand and there is pain on the back of my head. Could you suggest a natural treatment in reducing or getting rid of the same?
Frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis is one of the most common disorders of shoulders, usually observed in people aged above 35. Though there is no correlation between gender and age, this disorder seems to strike when the shoulder joint’s fluid connective tissue becomes stiff and inflamed somehow, thus restricting overall motion and causing sessions of indescribable pain. Though the scientific community has not been able to come up with any explanation for the exact causes of such disorders, it is believed to be associated with past trauma or injury to the said area, and/or may involve some auto-immune components.
Exercises which can bring relief:
- Finger walk: Facing a wall at a distance of three quarters of your arm's length, use your fingertips of the affected arm to reach the wall at your waist level. Use your fingers to slowly walk up the wall just as in a spider motion till the level you are comfortable.
- Cross body reach: Use the unaffected arm to gently lift and turn the affected arm across the body; the shoulder should be stretched by applying gentle pressure on it.
- Towel stretch: Use both arms to hold a towel of about 3 feet in length behind the back horizontally; using the unaffected arm, pull the affected arm upwards.
- Pendulum stretch: Stand upright and then gently lean forward, using the good arm to support your weight. Let your affected arm hang low, such that free movements can be observed. Rotate your affected arm in a circular motion, preferably with a diameter of about a foot. 10 revolutions a day are ideal for beginners, which can later be increased. However, make sure that you are comfortable with this exercise, and allow your arm to move freely without stretching it forcibly.
- Armpit stretch: Using your unaffected arm, lift the affected arm on a table/shelf placed at your chest level. Bend your knees gradually, stretch your armpit gently, and then slowly straighten it. Try to stretch a little further with each bend, without forcing it on your shoulder.
- Inward rotation: Hook a rubber exercise band to a fixed position such as a doorknob; hold one end of the band with your affected arm such that your elbow makes a right angle. Gently pull the band about two to five inches towards your body, keep it for five seconds and then let it go.
- Outward rotation: Use both your hands to hold a rubber exercise band such that your elbows make a right angle with the band. Pull your affected arm away from your body by about five inches, keep it that way for five seconds, and then gently let it go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
I always have legs tired behind nee.My age is 28 male.Always feel very restless in my knee and downward portion. Kindly suggest something
Every morning after I wake up I feel a pain on the lower back region on both sides of the spine which subsides during daytime.
I m pregnant. I have a one question My due date is 18thmarch 2016 I have a problem with headache. Leg pain. Some time back pain also. Why this all problems occurs? When my delivery come? Anything serious. Please answer quick.
Sir My father has lots of pain in left leg. Bahot doctor ko dikhaya koi kaam nehi hua kuch doctor bola operation karane k liye but papa operation nehi karane chahta hai. Finally ak doctor ko dikhaya he said he will give an injection which reduces all the pain for 4 years. I met the doctor he said name of the drug which he inject is "HYALURONATE SODIUM" Actually I am fearing about its side effects. Is there any dangerous side effects is there. Please help me out from the confusion? Anyway Thanks Madam/Sir.
I am 21 years old female having pain in head and shoulders, previously have acute spondylosis. Can not sleep for two days. What should I do?
Swelling in left knee and pain Had a ligament tear in 2002 in left knee, and had undergone a arthroscopic surgery Cannot fold knee fully Cannot run or walk at brisk pace Swelling persisting X-Ray shows early OA changes and osteophytes observed Advice medicine to reduce swelling and pain.
I am from Bhubaneswar study at trident academy of technology b. Tech 1st year branch civil sir I don't know why but I am not feeling well I have always a sweet pain in stomach and digestive system is also not good. Too many times I have loose motion and its happening any time any day. I have also pain in leg at knee after while sitting. When I run. while running a pain started in left side and then I have to take rest otherwise I can't run or walk. Sir please help me.
One part of the human body is essential for the efficient functioning of another. The hip joint provides support to your overall body weight while you are at ease or in motion. Suffering from medical problems pertaining to the hip can impede free movement; walking, running, stooping, sitting or even lying down will cause immense pain and discomfort in such a situation. While certain bodily disabilities come with old age and are in most cases unavoidable; some others can actually be controlled through physical exercise.
Take a look at a few stretches to improve your hip mobility:
- Stretch like a pigeon: This yoga loosens up muscle tension in and around a person's hip. Your right leg must be stretched behind while the upper part of your body bends over a folded left leg in front. Your head rests on your coupled hands. This stretch improves the shape of your hip as well.
- Try to be an eagle for hip firmness: To align your body in the perfect eagle pose; you probably need to be a conjurer; that is the kind of flexibility the posture requires. Be a half-chair making your hands intersect above your head while your left leg crosses the right one. The pressure is on your hip making it strong. Your body has to be in one single line.
- Sit in the chair pose: Crouching on your haunches with your torso inclined to the front is a good way to better hip mobility. This exercise also relieves you of back pain. It adds potency to the muscles of your upper thighs thus giving a well- rounded hip extra support.
- Stoop in the downward doggy pose: The downward doggy pose helps you concentrate on the fullness of your hips. The back muscles are stretched and the problem of a small, rickety hip is dealt with through this yoga. Your legs should be erect at the knees and should be stretched apart depending upon the width of your hip. The rest of your body should bend in a forward arch while your spread hands touch the ground.
- Try out the benefits of World's Greatest Stretch: World's greatest stretch involves a series of stretches that not only accentuates your hipline making your hip muscles adaptable to stress but also tones muscles in other parts of your body. It is a three- fold exercise. The second step is the most difficult where your body is balanced on a half folded right leg and you're required to touch the ground with your right elbow.