Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hari Krishna.N
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Hari Krishna.NYour feedback matters!
I am rahul 25 years old I am feeling back strain from 3 weeks. I also done scans but no problem was found. Can you suggest some solution.
I have a problem in my right shoulder from past 11 years I consult the doctor for this actually my shoulder dislocated from several times what should be the result.
Good dayIm Faizal Abobacar from Mozambique. I have lower back pain and neck pain (cervical, I have these symptoms for a while now (years) and it seems too be worse. For instance now when I'm sited for few minutes than I have pain when standing back up. Hope I will get some tips on what to do. Thank you in advance.
Hi Now a days I get pain from below my knee during night when I go to bed because of this my sleep is disturbed Any idea what can be the reason for this.
Frozen shoulder is a condition where the patient encounters continuous shoulder stiffness and pain. It could last for several weeks. Inflammation around the shoulder increases the inability to move or stretch properly. This happens when somebody is recovering from an injury. Frozen shoulder can also occur when somebody is wearing a sling or a cast. It also occurs if someone is recovering from surgery or experiencing joint pain. It may also be experienced as a symptom of thyroid, joint disorders or diabetes.
Some of the causes and risk factors for creating a frozen shoulder are as follows:
- If you are 40 years or older, your chances of a frozen shoulder are higher than others
- Recovering from a damage or surgery
- Hormonal imbalance
- Ladies are more prone to a frozen shoulder
- Cervical disc infection that influences the nerves around the shoulder
- Not moving your arm because of other pain or wounds
- Having a previous medical condition like diabetes or other heart diseases
- Open-heart surgery or spinal surgeries
- Poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle
The most widely recognized symptoms of a frozen shoulder include:
- Stiffness around the shoulder: this usually happens in one shoulder at a time (not both) and will probably return in the same shoulder. Muscle, joint and bone agony in and around the shoulders or arms may be experienced.
- Restricted scope of movement
- Having difficulty moving and using the shoulders or arms ordinarily, (for example, experiencing difficulty in getting dressed, driving, holding objects before you, and gestures.)
- Stretch the Shoulder: Before beginning shoulder exercises for a frozen shoulder, try to warm up your shoulder by doing a few warm up exercises. This will improve the blood supply in the affected area and avoid future injuries by making your body more comfortable with the motion. The best approach is to extend and warm up the shoulder by applying heat for 10 to 15 minutes, scrubbing down or showering with Epsom salt.
- Non-intrusive treatment: While these activities mentioned above can be easily performed at home, if pain continues and makes it difficult to move around or work ordinarily, see a physiotherapist who can appoint particular activities and can enhance your scope of movement, flexibility and strength.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is considered one of the best treatment choices for any joint and nerve related problem. The treatment is based on focusing on the trigger points of the pain and putting pressure on them via needles. The treatment is not painful and is known to produce good results in the long run.
- Dietary Supplements: Various supplements can be taken with the recommendation of a doctor, in order to improve recovery. Alfaifa (horse feed) and turmeric are two of the most regularly recommended elements that relieve swelling and repair the tissue in the shoulder. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor I have back ache I do drive daily around 4 hour. My job is standing please give me suggestion what should I do.
Hi, my age is 28 years. I have been suffering from a severe chest pain. I was ignoring it thinking it might be coz of overeating or bad sleeping posture as upper back was also paining. But last night I couldn't sleep however I could find a bit relaxed pose and slept, its paining with every single movement of body and with deep breath. The pain is at the centre of chest, even a gentle touch pains. May I know the root cause for this pain and the possible treatment? I'm 100% vegetarian, non-smoker, never had alcohol. I'm allergic to pain killers probably diclofenac.
I am 62 years old and suffering from knee pain due to which I could not use staircase. I am suffering this since last three years. I am taking medicines from doctors but pain is not reducing. My weight is 65 kgs. I am a retired officer from central govt. Kindly advise.
I have back pain as well as shoulder pain. Sometimes, it doesn't pain at all, but after doing some work, it pains. What can I do to relieve from this?
Hi doctor I'm 24 years from 6 months m having knee pain, if I sit I can't get up soon and if I stretch also it pains a lot ,I had consult the doctor he gave some calcium tabs n capsules but it din cure. Thank you.
Hi I hv severe left shoulder and neck side pain from long time what should I do taken tablet nucoxia Mr. and gel but temporary relif agan same due to glasses will it effect.
When somebody is diagnosed with a short term or a life-threatening disease, one of the main things they are likely to stress over is pain. Though, there are many effective medicines for pain, it is important to realize that medicines are not by any means the only treatment method for pain. For instance, radiation treatment can be very useful in treating pain from cancer and also in facilitating bone pain identified with the disease.
The term "alternative therapy" for the most part is used to describe any treatment or alternative that does not require medicinal attention. Alternate treatment includes a combination of controls, including acupuncture, guided imagery, chiropractic treatment, yoga, hypnosis, relaxation, biofeedback, massage, homegrown cures, aromatherapy and numerous others.
There are various non-medicinal methods for adapting to pain. They can be used all alone or as a part of a mix with medication treatments. Some of the alternatives patients have discovered include:
- Massage: Many individuals discover relief from delicate back rub, and some clinics and massage parlors have trained massage specialists. A few studies have found that a back rub is extremely successful in soothing pain.
- Relaxation: Guided imagery, spellbinding, breathing procedures and relaxation arts like tai chi are effective and viable, especially when a patient is experiencing debilitating pain.
- Acupuncture: A few studies have found that acupuncture can be useful in calming pain for individuals with genuine ailments, for example - cancer.
- Physiotherapy: In case a person has been very active before and is currently bed-ridden, even simply moving the hands and feet a little bit with proper physiotherapy movements can offer help.
- Pet treatment: If you have episodes of pain that last 5, 10, or 15 minutes, attempting to discover something pleasant - like petting an animal's delicate fur can divert and help in relaxation.
- Gel packs: These are basic packs that can be warmed or cooled and used to ease pain.
- Chiropractic treatment: It is the most widely recognized non-surgical treatment for back pain. It is usually done by a chiropractor who will tune your nerves and other parts for pain relief. Qualified chiropractors are a rarity and hence one must be careful while dealing with them.
- Diet: A few people trust that dietary fat intake and consumption of plants that contain calming operators can ease pain by restricting irritation.
- Herbal treatment: The effectiveness of herbs is questionable. Do consult a doctor or a specialist since they could have a side effect of their own. Some of them can interact with the medicines you might be taking. This may cause harm to your health.
Alternative therapies to pain relief are not always harmless. As mentioned above, herbal remedies could have few side effects too. Likewise, one should always take a second opinion or consult someone before taking a decision on the kind of alternative therapy they opt for. It is better if you consult an interventional pain physician first and then follow his advice on how to follow these methods for maximal pain relief.
I am having low back pain from last few month. Sometime its OK and sudden its starts. Pain is not too high but it is creating problem in day to day activities.
Dear doctors, my father is suffering from knee pain since 3 years. Tried every possible treatment except surger. Kindly suggest.
1 am 21 years old male. I am continuosly experiencing pain in my lower back. Suggest me some treatment.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain dueto disc problems?
My brother is suffering from acute pain in the neck region and back. He also feels giddy sometimes during movements. Kindly prescribe some permanent remedy.
Lower back pain is among one of those ailments that brings life to standstill. Nowadays most common reason for absence at job or college is Back pain. It gives you nothing bur restless and depressed day and sleepless night. It ruins your life's small moments of joy.
What is low backache?
It is the pain that felt in lower back which usually originates from joints, bones, muscles, nerves or other structures in spine.
What is spine?
Vertebral column or backbone or spine consists of 33 bones; called as vertebrae. Lower 9 are fused in adults.
- Cervical spine in neck region: 7 vertebrae (C1-C7)
- Thoracic Spine in upper back: 12 vertebrae (T1-T12)
- Lumbar spine in lower back: 5 vertebra (L1-L5)
- Sacrum in Lower back Fused: 5 vertebrae (S1-S5)
- Coccyx (tailbone) fused: 3-5 vertebrae.
Significance of Vertebral column:
- The major function of vertebral column is protection of spinal cord.
- It provides stiffening for the body and attachments for muscles.
- It transmits body weight while walking and standing.
What is pain?
It is a message originates from the location of injury; travels through nervous system and received by brain where it is interpreted as PAIN.
- It is a sudden low back pain for abortion time.
- It can be because of trauma, trigger or a disorder such as Arthritis.
- It limits movements, flexibility and even results into inability to stand or sit straight.
- Acute pain can become more serious if left untreated.
When back pain persists for more than 3 months; it is considered as Chronic.
- Muscle strain or ligaments strain
Improper posture, repeated heavy lifting strain ligaments and muscles if back which result into muscular spasm and severe backache. There are 3 specific movements that are responsible for back injuries. Bending, lifting and twisting. The danger lies in performing any two or more if them simultaneously.
- Bulging or Ruptured intervertebral disc
- Spondylosis: Backpain caused by age related wear and tear of spinal discs.
- Spondylitis: It is inflammatory Arthritis affecting the spinal bones.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is forward displacement of vertebra over another.
- Skeletal irregularities: If spinal curve is abnormal backpain can occur.
- Osteoporosis: If vertebrae become porous and brittle, it can cause compression fractures.
- Coccydynia: Pain at tailbone is called as Coccydynia.
Pregnancy: Almost all women experience low back pain during Pregnancy. Maternal weight gain, increased lordosis (Curvature of spine), Stretching of ligaments, increased calcium demand can cause backpain in Pregnancy.
- History of illness
- History of injury, trauma, accident etc.
- MRI/CT SCAN
- Bone scan
- Nerve studies (Electromygraphy)
- Medicines such as NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs) and Muscle relaxants
- Heat therapy
- Cold Compression therapy
- Spinal Traction:
- It is non surgical way of decompression therapy that relieves pressure in spine. It can be performed by physiotherapist or by machines.
- It is useful in backache due to slipped disc, herniated discs, Sciatica, degenerative disc diseases, pinched nerve etc.
- A physician can determine the need of traction and weight for traction based on your medical history.
Backache - Ayurvedic Aspects
According to Ayurveda Backache (Kati shool, Kati graha, Trik graha, Prushtha Shool) is one of the common disease occurring because of vitiated vata dosha, so it is considered as "Vata- Vyadhi."
Line of treatment of Vata - Vyadhi
Abhyanga (Massage): Sesame oil, Mahanarayan Oil, Prasarini oil can be used for Massage.
Swedan (Fomentation): Moist steam of herbs like Dashmool , Nirgundi etc.
Katibasti: Kati basti is pouring of lukewarm medicated oil and keeping it for sometime on the back region surrouded by ring made by black gram or whole wheat flour.
Basti: Basti is one of the most important treatments if vitiated vata. Basti can be performed in various forms according to stage of disease and constitution of patient.
Medicated oil and medicated decoction enema on alternate days for 8 days/15 days or 30 days.
Matrabasti: 60 ml medicated oil enema.
Panchatikta ksheer basti: It is most useful in management of degenerative bone disease, in which herbs like Adulsa, Guduchi, Nimb, Kantakari and Patol are cooked in cow milk. Sometimes cow ghee can also be mixed.
Medicines: Gokshuradi guggul, Trayodashang guggul, Yograj guggul can be used under proper guidance.
Ashwagandha, Musta , Vidang, Ajmoda , Chopchini, Rasna, Devdaru, Punarnava, Shatavari, Shankhabhasma are some useful medicines for backache.
Yogasana: Yogasana should be learned from experienced teacher. Some yogasana helpful for backache are:
- Supta padangushthasana
- Parivrutta trikonasana
- Supta vakrasana
DO'S AND DONT'S FOR BACKACHE
- Bend at knees, not at waist.
- Keep the object close to your body when lifting it. And keep low back straight.
- Think before you act.
- Learn exercise and perform regularly.
- Sit in proper posture, adjust your work desk accordingly, walk straight.
- Do not slouch.
- Avoid high heels shoes.
- Wear lumbar belt under proper guidance.
- Avoid stress. Lose weight if you are overweight.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.