Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
It's here! summer! a time for picnics, swimming, beaches and lots of sunshine. So what can you do to make sure that you have a healthier summer? Ayurveda recognizes that the patterns found in nature can also be found within our bodies. We are constantly interacting with nature and as the seasons change so do our bodies. That means what you were doing in the winter and spring, may not be what your body need in the summer.
To understand what happens to your body during the summertime, you must first understand the characteristics of the pitta dosha, which is the dominant ayurvedic dosha (please read vata- pitta -kapha the three bio-energies notes from our page) in the summer. Pitta is the dosha responsible for transformation and is associated with our digestion, assimilation, and metabolism. And just like the sun, pitta radiates lots of heat and energy. The heat is associated with a good healthy metabolism and a good appetite. But when it goes out of balance pitta people tend to get overheated. This can make you feel easily irritated and angered as well as make you vulnerable to inflammatory conditions, food allergies, and skin rashes, especially with too much sun exposure.
The pitta dosha has specific qualities such as hot, oily, sharp, spreading and liquid. These qualities are manifested as specific physical characteristics in pitta individuals who are in balance. Hot represents a strong, healthy appetite. Oil can be seen as soft, supple skin. Sharpness manifests as a strong intellect and an active mind that is able to solve problems and stay organized. Spreading can be seen as the desire to create and be involved in many projects, which is why pitta people are often popular with others. Liquid is an aspect of pitta which allows for easy transportation, and that is why pitta individuals often tend to sweat easily and have multiple bowel movements a day.
So how does this tie into summer balance? summer is usually the hottest time of the year with the sun being the closest to the earth. This increases the pitta within us all. But if your pitta was already out of balance, you will have tendency to have more health problems during the summer. The first signs of excess pitta that I typically notice in myself are more irritability and greater skin sensitivity to the sun. In the summer time, pitta individuals may start becoming more aggressive, break out in rashes, have worsening heartburn or stomach pain, catch a 'summer' cold, suffer from worsening allergies, get heat stroke, and get more headaches as the weather gets warmer. But just because you have too much pitta doesn't mean you can't enjoy the summer. You just need to take some healthy precautions to prevent your pitta from getting out of balance
The key to keeping pitta balanced in the summer is easy - just chill out! here are few easy ways to keep your pitta nice and cool.
1. Spend less time in the sun. Avoid doing hard work during the hours between 10 am and 3 pm, which is when the sun is the hottest. When you go outdoors, keep your head covered and drink lots of fluids.
2. Avoid hot foods, spicy and fermented oil. Diet is the most powerful way to keep pitta cool. During the summer avoid foods that increase the heat in your body such as chilies, vinegar, oily foods, fried foods, fermented foods, salt, cheese and sour foods. In place of these items, eat foods that have a cooling effect on your body such as sweet, watery fruits like melons and mangoes and green leafy vegetables.
3. Try rose-petal preserves. They're a wonderful, tasty treat that will help you cool down your heart and mind. You can spread them on bread or just eat them straight.
4. Get a coconut-oil massage. It'll help to draw out excess heat from your body. Just rub coconut oil over your body and let it absorb for 5 minutes before your shower. You can also rub it on your feet at night especially if your feet start to burn at bedtime.
5. Have some fun! pitta individuals can sometimes get too serious and caught up in their head. Do your best to balance hard work with some relaxation time with family and friends.
6. Go for a swim. Swimming is the best exercise in the summer. The cool water balances out the excess heat inside your body.
7. Make my favorite summer drink! try freshly squeezed watermelon and cucumber juice with a hint of rose water.
8. Yoga - do sheetli or sheetkari pranayam and this wil have a cooling effect on the body.
9. Topical remedies for soothe sunburn -
- Apply aloe vera cream. Or if you have access to an aloe vera plant lightly rub a piece o the plant (after cutting it, open and taking out gel) on the sun burn area.
- Coconut oil is effective for soothing the sun burn skin.
- Apply tikta ghrita topically.
- Take gauze pad dip into cool cow milk and apply it directly to the sun burn area. If you have no milk available, use a cloth and dip in cool water, but milk is better.
- Pulverize some lettuce and apply the pulp directly on the sun burn area.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric by mixing equal amount of these herbs with a little cool water. Apply gently to the sunburn area it will have a cooling effect.
You have a great opportunity to be in harmony with nature by learning to balance your lifestyle, diet and activities with each season. This helps you to understand yourself better year round and keep you feeling great all the time.
Have a great summer!
I am unmarried. I missed my periods on june, july an august and again october and november. Is it related to my fats?
Hi, today I consulted with doctor n suggested me to have come-50 n Melmet-500. We are planning for Children. I do have Pcod in both ovaries with centimeter follicles. What are the benefits and side effects of come-50?
Mere daant me bahut dard hotaa hai aur neeche ke daant bahut tede mede hai unhe seedha kiyaa jaa sakta hai yanhi mai bahut pareshaan hu isi kaaran mai hansta nahi hoo mujhe bahut niraasha hoti hai apni hansi dekhkar mujhe upaay batayein.
Respected sir, I have breathing problem, I have problem in exhalation, I don't have problem in inhalation my ESR is 57, MCV is 78.8, PLATELET COUNT is 4.76, RDW is 16, TRBC is 4.91 and most of the doctor are saying that this problem is due to the anxiety because I usually take tension very easily but I have doubt that this is not from anxiety, this is from increase rate of ESR please help to solve this problem.
Kindly tell me how can I loose my wait. I am 30 years old and 5.8 inch tall and my wait is 75 kg. I think my wait should be 65. Kindly suggest me.
I am 25 years old male and i am in depression. When I took depression tablets (by doctor's consult) it was recoverd very much. But after leaving to take madicine it seems to again increasing the depression symptoms. What should I do now please suggest. Is taking the depression medicine will harm my mental health in future?
I want to send my scalp photo Its purely visible M 19 years old boy m taking acid phos nd applying bajarandi hair oil Bt please help me m loosing hair more and more.
Dandruff is one of the most common chronic hair conditions. It is characterized by a white, flaky substance on the scalp. Dandruff is not a serious condition and neither is it contagious. However, people still want it gone so that their hair looks better.
Following are the misleading conceptions about Dandruff :
Myth 1: Dandruff results from bad hygiene?
Fact: while regular shampooing can help keep dandruff under control, this condition does not stem from a lack of hygiene, even the most diligent hair washers can find themselves suffering from it. This is because dandruff is caused by various components, which include a characteristic overproduction of hair oil or an excess of parasitic microorganisms that live normally on our scalps.
Myth 2: Dandruff only occurs on the scalp?
Fact: it's true that your scalp is the most widely recognised spot to experience dandruff, yet it's by all account not the only possibility. A few individuals additionally observe that areas such as the eyebrows, ears, and around the nose are inclined to flaking too.
Myth 3: All flakes in your hair is dandruff?
Fact: sometimes flakes are only a consequence of dry skin on your scalp. While the difference between dryness and dandruff might be unclear to the common individual, medical experts do make a distinction between the two. If your flakes are relatively small and white, chances are you are dealing with a dry scalp, dandruff flakes tend to be larger and yellowish in colour.
Myth 4: Dandruff is contagious?
Fact: dandruff is not something that you can catch from someone else. The fungal bacteria that can lead to the appearance of dandruff are present on everybody's scalp, which means that our scalp is naturally predisposed to the condition.
Myth 5: Dandruff can cause hair fall?
Fact: hair fall is at some point connected with dandruff and an irritated scalp; however, these conditions are not mutually exclusive. Hair fall is not brought about by dandruff, but rather might be prompted by the incessant need to scratch a bothersome scalp. When we scratch our heads, the activity causes breakage in the hair. The root cause of hair fall includes anxiety, diet and the overall health of your scalp.
I am 16 years old. I am having a ample amount of fat in my body. I am asking to give me a diet chart as well as few tips.
Sir/madam I have very much constipation problem. Sometimes I feel to have a burning sensation in the stomach. Sometimes my stomach is to be affected with flatulence. I do yoga and exercise everyday. But it is not effected in my constipation. I have also digestive problem. Apart from that I have a problem of masturbation one time after 3/4 days. I think it is an another cause for my constipation. But I can not give up this bad habit. Some years ago this habit is more. It was 3-4 times in a day. So please tell me how I can recover from these problem?
Drink more and more water - at least 7-8 liters
Do routine walk for about half an hour
Some natural bowel inducers such as aloevera etc