Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. GowthamYour feedback matters!
Having High BP for a long time taking medicine daily as per consulting with Doctor's but triglyceride always remain more then 200 mg/dl. Please advice me the correct medicine for that. Thanking you
I have a high blood pressure problem since last 1 month, I consult so many doc. Before but result never glt in favour. Please help me to keep out of it.
Hello sir, My uncle has met with brain stroke 3 years back. As of now he is gud but his left hand is just like we keep the hand when fractured and his fingers are closed just we close our fingers. Nerves are clumsy and are not free to move. His ring finger makes all fingers to be close. His fist is always closed due to tight fix of nerves. Is there any injection to free up nerves so that he can easily open and close his hands.
Sir after a month I should take a part in cross country that 1600 meter in 5: 40 minute sir I will struggle and practice everyday one problem created that is my heart beat is much faster and I can stop running sir please suggests the capsule, tablets that should control my heart beat n breathing problem n I can run faster n faster n will achieve my aims.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.
Hi, I am 23 years old. My average heartbeat 85-105 in normal. Is it create any problem? I had smoking habit. But, I stop smoking from last 3 months. My weight is 94 kgs. Is it the reason for my breathing problem. How can I solve this problem?
Sir, I am 52 years old suffering from diabetics & hypertension, using medication fir both. But bp not getting controlled, for bp I am using ctdl 12.5l 50 & amolkind5mg. Please advise.
My grand ma 70 years old she have diabetes h bp problem from long period she is suffering from piles in summer season blood goes more and weakness found what too do sir advice me.
I have low blood pressure and very low pulse rate too. I have gastric problem too. Sometimes I feel very ill. Like I will faint, stomach ache, heart ache, sweating. Is it due to gastric problem.
I am 43 years male suffering from diabetic 200 a/food and bp from last 3 years, recently I had a chest pain and came to know there is blockage of 60% in rca. I am taking duopil 1/500 half tablet twice before food and deplatt 75mg, cardace meto5/50, aztor 20mg is this the right medication I am taking? and I need to go for angio plasty or stent?
I have got high blood pressure in last two months. How may I got relief from this. My age is 22 years.
You feel your heart begin to beat wildly in your chest as you break into a cold sweat and have trouble catching your breath; is this a heart attack or panic attack? Your first thought is that it's a heart attack since you have an impending feeling of doom which you may even have felt before your attack began. This makes your heart beat even faster and you become so overwhelmed that the feeling gets even worse until you begin to feel light-headed or maybe even pass out. This is a panic attack.
When you suffer from anxiety, the slightest thing can trigger a panic attack and some can be so intense that you can't imagine it being anything other than looming death. It's very common for those having an anxiety attack to mistake it for a heart attack and this fear is enough to just take over and really wreak havoc on your heart rate, but no matter how fast your heart beats or how panicked you feel; you are not having a heart attack and this episode will not kill you.
One thing that will prove helpful in dealing with this is learning the differences between the two:
Signs of a Heart Attack:
Pressure in the Chest (described as feeling like there is an elephant sitting on your chest).
Chest pain - note that this is not always present.
Pain in the right arm.
Pain in the back or shoulder blades for women.
Nausea or vomiting.
Panic attack symptoms include:
Increased heart rate.
Sharp or stabbing chest pain that lasts only 5 to 10 seconds.
Pain that is localized to one small area.
Pain that usually occurs at rest.
Pain that accompanies anxiety.
Pain that is relieved or worsened when you change positions.
Pain that can be reproduced or worsened by pressing over the area of pain.
The bottom line: Be vigilant and get checked out promptly.
I am 49 years old I had taken my lipid profile test my LDL level is 55 below normal level is it alarming or normal? othe test like HDL 38; VLDL 30; triglycerides 152, total cholesterol 123; cholesterol/HDL ratio 3.2- kindly reply with your opinion. thanks. I am diabetic sugar level fasting 97, post: 136.
What are the reason for excessive increase in triglycerides more than 1000. Even if the BMI is in control.
Now we do bypass on beating heart complication rate is very low and death rate is less than 1%.
Now total arterial bypass surgery is there so patients are symptom free for 20 to 25 yrs post bypass surgery which can not be achieved by angioplasty or other modes of treatment.
So if your more than two artery are blocked you should go for bypass surgery which is always superior to angioplasty (stent).
Cost of surgery and angioplasty are same. So its better to go for bypass surgery in above mentioned cases.
I am too thin such that if any storm comes I will blow away. My ambition id s to get into defence services and I don't have a chest too. What should I do to build my body, chest, muscles.
Arrhythmia is a disorder which is characterized by improper and irregular heartbeats; be it too slow or too fast. This problem occurs when the electrical impulses that are used to regulate your heartbeat don’t work in the correct manner. Your heart may beat irregularly, too slow or too fast.
Although this disorder does not yield many symptoms, a few noticeable symptoms of arrhythmia are slow heartbeat, or a racing heartbeat, chest pain, breathing difficulties and dizziness. Arrhythmia can lead to inefficient pumping by the heart, leading to bouts of fainting. A severe symptom of this disorder is ventricular fibrillation, wherein the ventricles tend to quiver instead of transporting blood. This symptom can cut off blood supply to the vital organs, which may lead to death.
- Coronary artery disease: In this disease, arteries of the heart can get blocked, leading to irregular heart beat and impaired heart functioning.
- A heart attack: An ongoing heart attack usually leads to irregular heartbeats.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure problems make you more vulnerable to this condition.
- Impaired functioning of the thyroid glands: An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can lead to heart arrhythmia.
- Excessive smoking and alcohol consumption: These habits can cause problems with the blood vessels in the body, thus increasing risks of this particular condition as well as other cardio-vascular diseases.
- Stress: Too much stress can lead to high blood pressure; that is again linked to heart arrhythmia.
Mild symptoms of arrhythmia do not require treatment. However, complications resulting from it warrant treatment. The various treatment options for this condition are:
- Pacemaker: A pacemaker is a device that is used to regulate your heart rhythms. It is placed in the body by a surgical procedure and an insulated wire is put, connecting the heart to the pacemaker. In case of an irregular heartbeat, the pacemaker sends out impulses to correct the improper heartbeat.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: This device is used to prevent a dangerous symptom of heart arrhythmia, a symptom wherein the ventricle quivers. It is similar to a pacemaker as it is also placed near the collarbone. In case it detects an abnormal rhythm, it sends out shocks to reset the heart rhythm.
- Maze procedure: This is a surgical procedure wherein incisions are made on the upper heart tissue to create a scar tissue. Scar tissues act as insulators to prevent stray impulses.
- Alternative therapies: Alternative procedures such as yoga and meditation can help remedy the disorder.