Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Gorityala HarikaYour feedback matters!
I have a white layer covered my half of the both eyes. I consultant the doctor, he said it will be cured but takes long time. He given some drops. But no effects, i am very scare that i might lose vision. I am not have any confidence to meet doctor. Scare of results. Plz help me
I have eye a effected for irish and presently bad condition. I have no vision from my left eye. what measures should i take to see improvement in this.?
Ayurveda panchakarma therapies and medications do help improve the health of eyes affected with glaucoma.
Hii. Actually ve been getting problems in watching tv or reading books. I think I am getting problems in my eye sight. What kind of home tips can you suggest me?
Sir, I am a male person, I am having week eyes day by day. Earlier I was able to see far written things but not Now. What was the reason behind it sir. Please sir I want to know this, so that I will put it off from my routine. So that my eyes will be good.
My eyes are week. I have power specs from last 2 year. But not improving. I have Left eye -2.0.right -1.5.nearsightedness. M I eligible for laser operation.
Im having a headache on the both sides of head. Even when I lift my lift or move my eye brows it pains. Im also suffering with light fever, Im 21M someone please say whats going on.
Have pain in my eyes. I feel that there is some dust particle in my eyes but there is no particle. Also I feel itching on the corners of my eyes. Also I do not have any number in both my eyes.
I have myopic eyes since 2009. The minus power increases every year. How will I cure my eyes better so that I could stop the progression of myopia? Also tell me about foods, vitamin and medicine to get my eye sight better.
While riding bike something went into the eyes in morning. Generally foreign particles gets auto flushed if I keep the eye closed for 10-15 min, but this problem persisted till night even after sleeping for 2 hrs in between. Also I was studying till late night. Next day the irritation had gone but the eye started twitching. Am just worried is it normal or requires doctors attention.
Recently im getting more headache and eye pain in left side during using mobile and laptop. My .left breast also pain. Left head also pain during mobile n laptop use. My phone sat value is very high. Recently came to know more sat value creates serious problem. Now what to do used this mobile for 2 years. Will my pain goes. My eye pigment goes? Or this cause any problem in future.
My friends eye spec number is increasing day by day. His age is 34. In last 3 years 3 times his spec no increased.
I have red eyes for more than a month. Then also I am having problem, it pains also please help me what should I do I want to get cured as fast as possible.
I used to work for night shifts and when ever I wake up in the morning my eyes are always red. I look as though I am drunk always. What's the solution for my red eyes.
When I close my eyes and try to sleep something happens in my head I don't know how to explain. I am feeling too scared many thoughts are running through my head .please give me any solutions. I have been having headache quiet frequently .At nights I feel dam scared .I am unable to sleep.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.