Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Narayan
Submit a review for Dr. Girish NarayanYour feedback matters!
I am a 24yr old male person. I am facing frequent urination for a long time. I am not a diabetic patient. What may the reason behind it and how can I be cured and what should I do for this. To whom should I consult whether to a urologist or nephrologist.
My father (86) is undergoing treatment for kidney infection. On 21/6 /17 the blood profile was: Hb-12.0, RBC- 4.05, WBC-7900, Platelets-80000, ESR-95, Albumin-2.9, S creatinine-1.4. After 5 days of medication including infusion of 5 units of Albumin, the blood profile is like this Hb-11.4, RBC-3.50, Platelets-320000, WBC-12200, ESR-15, Albumin-2.8.I want to know how the condition is going on and why the level of albumin is not improving?
I am 36 years old male having several crystallize stone in both kidney sizes about 5-6 mm is there any such medicine for the crushing of said stone and can be remove permanently and non re occurrence of stone kindly help me and let me know is there any alopathic or homeopathic for the same kindly prescribe me.
I had urinal infection and it was making me urinate more than usual. I met the gums, she prescribed tablet NFT 100 and Rantac 150 While the ten days course, I also took an ipill due to unprotected sex, my partner is diabetic. Now, My periods have since come, 10 days early, it has been 7 days my periods are on. No heavy bleeding but very less irregular bleeding and the color of blood is very fainted. My periods usually last only 5 days, I am very scared, have I got cancer or any serious decease.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!