Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Speech Therapists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Giridhar
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. GiridharYour feedback matters!
My Age is 25 from Bangalore. I usually gets stammer/ stuttering frequently currently I'm working right now so it's very difficult for me to speak. Can any one suggest a treatment or methodology to reduce. If possible you can give me your appointment so that I can come.
I have been learning vocal music since 1 year. When I get up in the morning, my voice is very heavy and low. When I rehearse music in the morning, it feels uncomfortable can't go high note also. Please suggest.
My voice is too low to be heard. My friends suggest me to increase my pitch. Sometimes I am not audible to my friends also. Suggest me some tips to improve my voice.
Sir/madam, I am 32 year old male suffering from stammering problem. Suffering since from my child hood. I can't speak well and get stuck to every word. Any one who can permanently remove my problem. Is there any type of medical instrument available that could control stammering?
I am not able to utter 'र' . For which I can't talk to anyone properly. What should I do. (There is some cut like are on my tongue) . Please respond.
I am a teacher and I am having problem in speaking. It feels like something got stuck in my throat. It is not continues problem it comes and goes however and my voice is also changed.
My 3 years old daughter doesn't speak much. She says words to explain what she wants but she doesn't talk fluently. She is good with her motor skill, body balance. She even tries to trick me. I'm a single parent. My ex husband was violent with me in front of my daughter till she was around 2 years old. Is it possible that violence that my daughter has witnessed has effected her growth or language skill in someway. Also I work long hours each day, I hardly give my daughter 3-4 hrs a day. She is mostly with her maid. Should I seek some psychological treatment for my daughter?
I speak very less. So. How can I improve my speaking skills and can interact with others confidently. I am quite boring also so what shall I do to be more interesting.
I have a very soft voice and I am 18. How can I have a deep low pitch and high intensity male voice?
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.