Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Giri RajuYour feedback matters!
Sir, for the last 4 to 5 yrs. I have been suffering from acute allergy with the result I am suffering from severe cold and congestion, normally all the time water comes out from nose and eyes. Now from few weeks I am facing less listening problem in the left ear. Apart from this I am already doing treatment of Blood Pressure as well as Diabetes. Kindly suggest proper treatment to get rid from allergy and listening problem .
Please tell me what food to avoid I'm a tonsillitis person since 5 years. Talking homeopathy medicine tonsilat and tonsicare . These have same salts I mean composition so should I take em both or one .
Hi sir my name is Ravi working in bank suffering from pharyngitis from the past one and half year I consulted 3 specialists also. During taking medicine no problem when medicine stopped daily while eating when anything eating touches throat tears come from eyes and sneezeAt night time severe cough at midnight please suggest some remedies.
My voice is not clear from last 15 days. Its like irritation in the throat. I took so many medicines but in vein. Problem is still theres. Please help.
I am 21 years old, I get my nose blocked on either of the sides sometimes and there is a jelly thing in my end of the nose (between nose and throat) that blocks my breathe. What should I do?
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What are the causes and cure of nose bleeding? What should be done if nose bleeds right before going to sleep?
Tinnex medicine really works in tinnitus & hearing loss too? Tinnex injection by Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd claims that this treatment cured hearing loss in 3 patients in clinical trial. But there is very bad side effects. My ear doctor [ ent specialist] said me that it can cause blur vision but you can try low doses. Should I go for tinnex? Or homeopathy is good?
My daughter is 10 years old. Ear piercing done to her was at the corner. Can we remove it and pierce it again or will it give any problem.
I am suffering from obesity due to I have snoring problem I can't sleep whole night. How to loose weight I am unable to do exercise due to both knee was operated (Tear medial meniscus.
I have a blocked left ear since the past 2 days, it was hurting some initially now its not. Dont have cold, seems like something minor but i cant put my finger on it , please guide?
Causes and treatments for Epistaxis-
Me Dr Bhardwaj hoon. I’m an ENT specialist. I served in the army for 15 years, following which I am now in private practice in Vasant Vihar, South Delhi. Today, my discussion would be about epistaxis which is nasal bleeding.
Nasal bleeding is one of the most common problems associated with children as well as with elderly people. In children, the cause can be because they insert a foreign body in the nose may be because of an infection, sometimes because they dig their nose and can be also because of a sinus problem. We usually try to find out the cause of this bleeding, we put in a nasal endoscope diagnose the source of the bleeding and we sieve the blood vessels via a procedure called nasal endoscopy and cauterization. This is a safe procedure and well tolerated by children.
In Nasal bleeding, the diagnosis should not be delayed because sometimes there may be a serious cause. In the elderly people because of high blood pressure, because of bleeding problems as well as medicines that they take for heart problems and vascular strands they have more nasal bleeding because their blood has become thinner. In these patients, you should not delay having a diagnosed properly as well as being treated and also try to apply some cold packs near the cheek and around the nose so that the bleeding can stop.
The procedure again will be in the clinic setting, we put a nasal endoscope, we identify the source of the bleeding and then we cauterize with a chemical or with electrical therapy. In children, if they are bleeding at home, the first aid methodology is to pinch their nostril so that with pressure you can stop the bleeding and also try to apply some ice pack around the nose so that the bleeding can stop. It is better to make the child sit up rather than lie down because if the child lies down the blood is likely to trickle down the throat.
For any problem related to nasal bleeding, you are welcome to contact me through lybrate.com on the various platforms that are available including sending me a query.
My clinic is always available to take care of these emergencies and you can get in touch with me through lybrate.com.
My friends nose is bleeding and now she is worried if as if she has cancer. She is too mich tensed and sad. Does she have cancer. Or is there any other reason.
1.Gargle with warm water and salt
2.Have a couple of lozenges
3.choose a cough syrup that doesn't make drowsy
4.Drink warm fluids
5.Rest it out
6.Avoid oily and spicy foods