Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetha Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetha ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hi home made sugar test for pregnancy is really accurate? Some websites is written home made sugar and bleach tests are accurate. Is it true?
Health benefits of coconut water:
1. Rehydrates the body:
Coconut water is an excellent thirst quencher to beat tropical summer thirst. Because of its electrolyte composition, coconut water is also used to rehydrate the body in case of dehydration and fluid loss due to diarrhea, vomiting or excessive sweating. A good source of carbohydrates, it also helps lift your energy level.
Research suggests that coconut water can be used to rehydrate the body after exercise. In fact, a 2012 study published in the journal of the international society of sports nutrition found that coconut water has a similar positive effect as sports drinks.
2. Lowers blood pressure:
Coconut water is considered good for controlling high blood pressure, thanks to its vitamin c, potassium and magnesium content. Potassium, in particular, helps lower blood pressure by balancing out the negative effects of sodium.
A study published in the west indian medical journal in 2005 also found that coconut water helps control hypertension.
To help reduce high blood pressure, drink a cup of fresh coconut water twice a day. Bottled coconut water, however, may not be very beneficial as may be high in sodium.
3. Heart tonic:
Cholesterol- and fat-free tender coconut water offers cardioprotective benefits. It helps lower low-density lipoprotein (ldl or the 'bad' cholesterol) and increase high-density lipoprotein (hdl or the 'good' cholesterol) levels, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
According to a 2012 study published in the journal of medicinal food, both tender as well as mature coconut water have beneficial effects on lipid metabolism to counteract increased total cholesterol, very low-density lipoproteins (vldl), ldl and triglycerides.
Plus, coconut water has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiplatelet properties and helps improve circulation. Thus, it helps reduce plaque formation in the arteries and lowers the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
4. Relieves hangovers:
Coconut water is also a great natural remedy for hangovers. Alcohol robs your body of hydration and this dehydration causes your morning-after booze blues. Coconut water replenishes the electrolytes in the body and boosts hydration, thus making you feel better.
Also, the antioxidants in this revitalizing health drink fight oxidative stress caused by indulging in too much alcohol. It will also help settle an acid stomach.
You can make a smoothie by blending 2 cups each of unsweetened coconut water and ripe mangoes, 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 fresh mint sprigs and half cup of ice.
5. Promotes weight loss:
Coconut water is an ideal drink for weight loss. It is low in calories and easy on the stomach. In fact, this light and refreshing drink contains various bioactive enzymes that aid digestion and boost fat metabolism.
Plus, coconut water is rich in potassium, which helps balance out sodium. Excess sodium in the body tends to cause water retention, contributing to water weight. Thus, coconut water helps flush out excess water as well as toxins from your body.
You can drink an 8-ounce glass of this health drink 3 or 4 times a week to facilitate weight loss. Do not drink coconut water in excess as eventually it may add more calories than you want.
6. Treats headaches:
Most headaches, even migraines, are triggered by dehydration. In such cases, coconut water can be of great help in supplying electrolytes to the body and boosting hydration.
Coconut water is also rich in magnesium. People who suffer from migraines often have low levels of magnesium. Studies also suggest that magnesium can help reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
7. Balances ph levels:
Stress, toxic load and a diet high in acid-forming foods, such as processed fast foods, often contribute to acidic ph levels that cause low energy and reduce the body's ability to absorb vitamins and minerals.
Coconut water has an alkalizing effect that helps restore a healthy ph in the body. It also helps alkalize the acidic ph levels caused by acidity and heartburn.
8. Regulates blood sugar:
Coconut water contains amino acids and dietary fiber that help regulate blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity.
It also helps with common issues faced by people who have diabetes. It helps manage your weight. As it helps improve circulation, coconut water is also good for reducing symptoms like numbness in feet and a tendency to develop atherosclerosis.
9. Natural diuretic:
Coconut water acts as a natural diuretic. Thus, it promotes urine production and flow, cleansing your body of toxins. It also helps prevent problems like urinary tract infections.
Due to its high potassium content, coconut water helps alkalize urine and dissolves certain types of kidney stones to eventually flush them out of the body.
To increase its effectiveness, add a pinch of sea salt to a cup of coconut water and drink it once or twice a day. In addition to its diuretic properties, coconut water has antibacterial properties that help fight bladder infections.
Note: do not drink coconut water if your kidneys do not function properly and you have high potassium levels.
10. Slows down aging:
Coconut water contains cytokinins that have anti-aging effects on cells and tissues. This reduces the risk of developing degenerative and age-related diseases.
Refreshing and clear green coconut water also nourishes and hydrates your skin to keep it soft and smooth. In addition to drinking coconut water, you can mix sufficient coconut water with 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder to make a paste, apply it on your skin and rinse it off when it dries completely to maintain younger-looking skin.
- Coconut water may not be suitable for those with nut allergies.
- It may cause bloating and mild stomach upset in some people.
- Do not drink coconut water for at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery as it may interfere with blood pressure control during and after surgery.
- People with kidney dysfunction should consult their doctor before including coconut water in their health regimen.
I am losing hair quickly. I have dandruff, tried all shampoos but in vain. I am currently trying to conceive too. I had contact with my husband on 28 Nov, last periods was 9 Nov. My cycle is due tomorrow. I want to know if the cramps I am getting are due to PMS or implantation?
Sex addiction can result from a lot of reasons. From coping with a mechanism to self-pleasure, beating loneliness to excess sex during the teen, anything can be a contributing factor. While the scientific community still does not pinpoint this as a disease, an increasing number of individuals are being identified who are suffering from an addiction to sex. While there is no quick fix to it, Ayurveda has ways that can address sex addiction and fix it for good:
- Food is essential: There should be razor sharp focus on eating. Sattvik Food such as curd, milk, bread, wheat, rice, sugar, milk is some of the best food items to curve sex addiction. Fruits such as apples, bananas, grapes, mangoes and pomegranates play rich dividends in checking sex addiction. Popular meal preparation such as Havishya Annam and Charu are extremely helpful in curtailing sex addiction.
- Food to avoid: In Ayurveda food items such as meat, eggs, fish are considered as detrimental as far as sex health is concerned. They tend to increase sex addiction. The meat of buffalo, sheep or goat increases sex drive in an individual.
- Breathing exercise: Pranayama or slow breathing is another excellent way to reduce sex addiction. This is slow release and intake of oxygen. An expert supervision is required when it is performed for the first time.
- Working out: Daily jogging, running, working out or simply walking will go a long way in ensuring that an individual cut down his sex addiction over a period. Working out helps to profoundly sweat and helps the organ perform better. Not to mention, it lifts a person’s mood and installs loads of positive energy.
- Avoid addiction: Any addiction be it smoking, drinking, substance, drugs or marijuana can be extremely detrimental. External stimulus not only increases sex addiction but proves to be hazardous for the body over the long term.
- Keep hydrated: Remaining hydrated throughout the day is important. Drinking water, fruit juice, and other non-sweet drinks prove to be very handy in cutting down sex addiction. However, it should be ensured to refrain from drinking carbonated drinks. They increase fat in the body and make a person lethargic.
- Quick meditation: While meditation sounds daunting at times, it is not that difficult to do it. Sitting down in a quiet place and counting numbers from 1 to 100 is also a form of meditation. The idea is to concentrate and keep the focus for a stretch of time. Meditation greatly helps a person to curb sex addiction by keeping the mind focused.
- Ayurvedic tonics: Ayurvedic items such as Ashwagandha, Brahmi, and turmeric can help to reduce sex addiction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.