Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 week pregnant. My baby movement was differ from one day to another day. For example yesterday I felt frequent movement from morning to night. But today I couldn't feel movement at morning but afternoon I feel the movement. please tell me what am I doing to feel movement in the absence of movement period?
For the last four months I am having backpain. During periods it is more. Some times I can not tolerate with the pain I did one spine MRI and abdominal USG both are normal. No significant abnormalities find in that.
I am 20 years old married. We don't have any child and don't want child for next 2 yr. What is the option other than condom please suggest.
As much as we take a dip in the bucket of blues and sing happy- sad songs to flout and fall for the theorem of love; we are but orderlies to the emotion. We all wish if love had only been a four letter word. It unfortunately has multiple folds and crevices than the human mind can ever possibly think of. Nonetheless, staying in love is essential. Loving is as significant as is living; the reason being, it keeps you happy until you falter and with every faltering foothold, you emerge out as a stronger being.
A strange fact about the emotion is its tryst with wholeness. Love doesn’t necessarily need an object or receptor under its radar. It could be experienced as a self - sufficient feeling. You may be full of love for a family, for a dear friend, for your lover or you could also be in love with your passion or yourself. Irrespective of perpetual disillusionment, one must try and remain in love.
Let's take a curious peek into these few ways to stay in love:
- Put in effort to look good: In any case, ‘beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder’, but finding yourself pretty is extremely important. One must take care to look good in his or her own eyes. Looking good is directly proportional to the way you feel and hence spending time on yourself helps you to think positively. You see yourself in better light and are thus, in a position to love better.
- Exercise to challenge your daily threshold: Exercising has multi - faceted effects on your overall health. If you exercise on daily basis, you witness your progress with every passing day. This encourages you to improve your flexibility and fitness. Exercising can lead to the release of the happy hormone - serotonin in one’s body. Direct exposure to sunlight and consumption of food items rich in carbohydrates can also increase the level of serotonin. Exercising boosts up your confidence and makes you fall in love with your body.
- Indulge in sweet nothings: As you grow up, you stop doing those little things that once gave you immense pleasure. Making a greetings card, baking a cake, making paper boats, going out on walks, teaching young children or doing whatever your heart feels like can actually make you stay in love.
- Pursue your passion: A passion gets the best out of you; it rather steps up the limits of your talents. Pursuing one’s passion makes one love oneself even more. It keeps you engrossed in your plus points, giving you little scope to brood over depressing factors.
- Try having a pet to care for: Feeling responsible for your pet is a great way to discover another side of your personality. A pet gives you the warmth you had been looking for. The bond of love with a pet has had unmatched effects on a person’s health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
We might be surprised to know that unknowingly we are consuming 5 white poisons in our daily meal. Forget getting nutrients from these items, we end up troubling our health by consuming these food items which are not at all good for our health and increase risk of developing diseases like cancer, hypertension, bone health issues and diabetes.
Pasteurized cow milk: the process of pasteurization keeps the milk good for a longer period, but harms its nutritive value. It removes enzymes, vitamin a, b 12 and c from the milk. The process also transfers hormones and antibiotics into the milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial bacteria found in raw cow milk. It kills the natural enzymes and destroys all its phosphatase, which is essential for calcium absorption. Calcium works with vitamin d, which is vital to the growth and health of children as well as improving immune system. Considering all these facts, we should avoid consuming pasteurized cow milk.
White or refined rice: the process of refining rice leads to the removal of the outer layer and germ from it. The rice is left with endosperm, only. This layer contains starch in a huge quantity, which can increase your blood sugar or glucose levels to a great extent.
Refined sugar: sugar contains a lot of calories, with no essential nutrients & because of that it is considered as part of ‘empty’ calories. It can have harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases like cancer, type 2 diabetes, overweight/obesity, liver diseases. Before sugar enters the bloodstream from the digestive tract, it is broken down into two simple sugars: glucose and fructose. For people who are inactive, large amounts of fructose from added sugars get turned into fat in the liver. Because of the harmful effects of sugar on the function of insulin, it leads to type ii diabetes. Recommended intake: worldwide, it is recommended that men can have 9 teaspoons of sugar per day and women can have 6 teaspoons of sugar per day. However, considering the tendency of Indians towards sugar intolerance and diabetes, it is recommended not to go beyond 5 teaspoons of added sugar per day which includes sugar available in cookies, fruit juices etc.
Refined salt: salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body increases your blood pressure. More salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure will be. In India 1 in 3 adult are affected by high bp and majority of them are not aware of it. Therefore, it is recommended to follow low-salt diet. Normal table salt contains iodine, which is needed for a healthy body. But refining of salt removes iodine from the salt. Fluorides are added during the process of refining which is bad when consumed in excess. Recommended intake: aim to consume less than 1500 mg of sodium per day and definitely it should not go beyond 2300 mg per day. 1500 mg sodium is equivalent to 0.75 teaspoon of salt per day.
White flour (maida): known as ‘white poison’, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. Use of maida & its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods. During processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Click here to read more about white flour.
In case of any nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
Homeopathy is a holistic and a natural approach towards quick healing of an ailing individual. An estimate suggests that about 30% of the Indian population relies solely on the homeopathic treatment for their medical complications. People have witnessed incredible results with Homeopathy. The best part of Homeopathy is that there are no side effects associated with it, making it a much safer form of treatment. The fact that Homeopathy is both cost efficient and holistic or permanent in its cure, is one of the key benefits of this treatment.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of Homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of European Union Legislation and European Pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Effective and Permanent cure: Acute or Chronic - homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases. There are least chances of reoccurrence of the disease, with this medication.
- Gentle way of treatment and easy to administer: One of the vital reasons behind prescribing homeopathic medicine over conventional drugs is its gentle nature. The doses are in the form of sweet globules and thus are consumable by people of all age groups. Those who do not want to consume the sweetened globules have provision for liquids, powders or dissolvable tablets. The best part is that there are no injections! It boasts of non-invasive therapy and avoids surgery. It can be very well incorporated along with other therapies and medication.
Further, the medications of homeopathy are non-addictive in nature unlike some of the chemical antibiotics. Studies have shown that with appropriate medical treatment, homeopathy can reverse even the most chronic disorders with its gentle approach.