Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayatri
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. GayatriYour feedback matters!
Today when I was driving my vehicle, something fell into my right eye and it started paining very badly. I stopped my vehicle and got off thinking that some metal chip might have gone into my eye as the pain was immense. The pain was similar to a bee sting. The thing which got into my eye was a small fly or we can say a moth which are generally seen in monsoon. So my ques is that can such a small fly cause immense main and stinging sensation into a human eye? Which might be the reason for it.
During a comprehensive eye exam, your eye doctor does much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin a deficiency
4. Brain tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal neuralgia
6. Wilson's disease
7. Risk for diabetes mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, sarcoidosis
9. Risk of hypertension
10. Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (toxoplasmosis, rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary disease (marphan syndrome, homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (facial nerve) palsy
I had faced eye problem. When I want to read something I can not focus properly. I can read but I feel my eyes get too much force to read. I consulted a doctor. He said that there is no serious issue. He gave me vitamin tablet and a eye drops. Is it can help to cure my eyes? I am so sad. Please help me.
Hello Doctor recently I done eye operation of glaucoma past 2 months back present I'm normal now can I drink alcohol.
My eye is blinking continuously for last three weeks almost, Not knowing the reason, please advise me.
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!