Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gangadhar Mallu
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gangadhar MalluYour feedback matters!
My brother has this bad viral fever. He is 20year old. After he came back from the tour 2 weeks ago, fever started. It felt like it cured after couple of days but its keep coming on intervals along with cough. What should I do?
I am 56 year old male taking bp medicine since last 6 months. I have noticed that my heart beat sometimes in night is more. When I checked in next day evening it was 80 heartbeat per minute. As per doctors advise I am taking pan-d also in empty stomach since today morning because I had occasional hyper acidity and irregular bowl problems. Should I do any other non medicinal practice or yogasan or change in food habit /timing. I am non drinker, non smoker but eating non veg (fish and chicken only). Please advise.
I am 33 years old male suffering from some like tonsil seen some small fungal type on end of the tongue some time feel burn for last 5 years. So many medicine used on doctor prescription. But condition was still same. Please suggest me. Thanks
Have cold and cough from many days what I have to do? And also many more problems such as eyes are burning.
Angina is a term used for chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart muscle. Angina is a symptom of coronary artery disease. Angina is typically described as squeezing, pressure, heaviness, tightness or pain in your chest.
Symptoms associated with angina include:
The chest pain and discomfort common with angina may be described as pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. Some people with angina symptoms describe angina as feeling like a vise is squeezing their chest or feeling like a heavy weight has been placed on their chest. For others, it may feel like indigestion.
The severity, duration and type of angina can vary. It's important to recognize if you have new or changing chest discomfort. New or different symptoms may signal a more dangerous form of angina (unstable angina) or a heart attack.
Stable angina is the most common form of angina, and it typically occurs with exertion and goes away with rest. If chest discomfort is a new symptom for you, it's important to see your doctor to find out what's causing your chest pain and to get proper treatment. If your stable angina gets worse or changes, seek medical attention immediately.
Characteristics of stable angina
Develops when your heart works harder, such as when you exercise or climb stairs
Can usually be predicted and the pain is usually similar to previous types of chest pain you've had
Lasts a short time, perhaps five minutes or less
Disappears sooner if you rest or use your angina medication
Characteristics of unstable angina
Occurs even at rest
Is a change in your usual pattern of angina
Is usually more severe and lasts longer than stable angina, maybe as long as 30 minutes
May not disappear with rest or use of angina medication
Might signal a heart attack
I am 66 years old and recently got cured from the 2nd stage of Lymphoma Cancer with only 6 chemotherapies. I am having chronic cough and cold with throat pain and although take antibiotic and other medicines and cough syrup I am not getting completely cured. Please advise me in this regard so as to get this problem solved completely.
From last few week I am suffering from chest pain and I am not able to breath properly. When I take breath my chest pain to hardly. My age is 18 please helo me to shout out this problem and till thrn what should I do?
I have COPD and wish to increase my resistance against infections. Apart from medicines/vaccinations/and pulmonary rehabilitation are there are other ways including dietary like chicken/bone soup, micro-greens etc to improve it?
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection. It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
Kindly take any ayurvedic medicine under supervision of an experienced ayurvedic doctor.