Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GaneshYour feedback matters!
Im 31 yers old un married I Have early premature ejaculating with in sec Lost 4 years. I have taken ayurved medic but it is not useful. When I was intercourse I can't hold my climax eventually 1or 2stocks going to discharge. Sometime just right ofter entering I feel so much sensitive on my head of my penis.
Usually doctor say to take homeopathic medicine if we are taking any liquid medicine .put some drops in little water .but I heard if we take like this its waste of medicine. Please suggest me .doctor advice me to take damiaplant germany for erection problem so I used to take like put 15 drops in water and take is it right way of taking it.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Infertility has significant social impact on india. Evaluation of male should occur simultaneously with female partner when there is no pregnancy after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Semen ananysis is not a test of fertility. Fertility is couple related phenonmenon. The patient can not considered fertile only on the basis of normal semen analysis. It was shown that 30% of patients with normal semen analysis have abnormal sperm function. Semen anaysis should be performed according to 2010 who guidelines.
Male fertility problems ranges from decreased production of sperm (oligospemia) motility defect (asthaenospermia) morphology defect (teratospermia) or non-measurable level of sperm (azoospermia) which is diagnosed in 2% of general population. Azoospermia is one of the major reproductive disorders which causes male infertility in humans. Genetic factors are responsible for 1/3 rd case of azoospermia. There are two types of azoospermia obstructive and non-obstructive.
Obstructive azoospermia is defined as absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate despite normal spermatogenesis and affects 6%-13.6% of infertile male while non-obstructive azoospermia is most severe form of azoospermia which affects 10% of infertile male.
Sperm retrived can be achieved in case of azoospermia through pesa (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration) mesa (microscopic epididymal sperm aspiration) tesa (testicular sperm aspiration or micro tese (microscopic testicular sperm extraction).
The appearance of 5 th edition of who manual (2010) is radical shift in understanding fertility in men. The 5 th edition of the who manual for semen analysis includes for first time reference values for human semen characteristics. Sperm counts >15 m are considered normal which means fertility is possible although it is imp to remember that higher values up to >140 m are known to increase fertility probability, values between 15-140 m represents a category of male subfertility.
Introduction of icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or testtube baby has brought hope for men when severe male factor infertility and provide them chance to become biological fathers.