Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ganesh
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. GaneshYour feedback matters!
Good afternoon. I've been seeing some very slight shadows/outlines beside objects since 3 days ago and I'm very worried about it. My vision has always been perfect and I've done a brain scan 5 months ago (for other reasons), and it was normal. But since this weird vision symptom started, I've been worrying if it can be caused by some serious problem in the brain. Is it possible that, though I have a recent brain scan with normal results, this vision problem can be caused by some serious brain problem? I've been to a neurologist yesterday, and she said that this vision problem couldn't be caused by any serious brain condition because in 5 months a serious thing wouldn't develop enough to make me have vision symptoms like this. She said I didn't need to do another brain scan. But I'm still worried about being a brain tumor that could have developed in 5 months that's causing these slight shadows, because they are still very slight, so I'm worried the shadows could be not so bad yet because the problem could be in the beginning. I have severe anxiety and my neurologist said I should blame these vision symptoms on it, but I'm still very worried, as these shadows/outlines are scary. You think I should do another brain scan? Or is my neurologist right? Thank you.
He got slapped hard on eyes 3-4 slaps after that he feels pain when intensity of light changes (dark and bright) after some times he feels normal and now after 1 day his eyes have become red. Any guidelines or first aids?
I am a student. I am 20 year old. I live in Mumbai. I study late night because of exams. My eyes are itching and feeling lile eyes are getting hot. I can't sleep. Please suggest me what should I do.
When I come to home after playing in ground I always feel bad in my eyes. Eyes have red colour and have irritating feeling.
My wife, s eye sight getting so week. Far sight is around 7 and it was 5 last year So please advise me what should I do.
My eyes is paining from inside including my head andiys paining since three year so what should I do.
I have pain upper lid of right eye close to nose. Its very dull and irritating pain. Not so much high but dull and continues.
I have red eyes for over few 3 days. What should I do? And I also have pain on my eyes. So please say me what should I do?
Technology is both boon and bane. Most jobs nowadays are partially automated, and it has become necessary for many to work long hours on the computer. If you are one such person, then you might be experiencing one or many symptoms related to eyes. The eye muscles get fatigued when eyes stare on the computer screen for a long time, and this can cause a host of eye problems. Referred to as Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), the condition can range from eye pain to problems with eye sight.
The following is a short account of a few simple but effective measures that you can follow to avoid eye problems caused by extensive use of computers.
- Simple Tips to Follow: Eye care regimen should be followed by everyone, but special care needs to be taken by the individuals who always works on the computers and has to look on the screen at all the times. The current digital age has greatly altered the way we use our eyes. Here are few simple tips you can follow in this regard.
- Take Eye Breaks: You should make it a point to turn your eyes away from the screen of the computer for giving a break to the eyes. While working at the computer, it is to be made sure to take a break every 20 minutes and look away at least 20 feet for a duration of about 20 seconds. This is more popularly known as the 20 – 20 Rule and very helpful for the eyes.
- Frequent Blinking: Frequent blinking leads to spread of tear film. It might happen that you need to stare at the screen of the computer for a long period of time which denies you of taking any kind of breaks. In this situation, it is recommended that you should blink more frequently which is beneficial for the health of the eyes.
- Use Eye Drops: This can be another healthy tip for the maintaining good and healthy eyes. Using the eye drops for the eyes which are actually artificial tears or eye lubricants which play a crucial role in reducing the strain in the eyes always keeping the eyes hydrated. One point is to be remembered here is that the eye drops should be used after consultation with an ophthalmologist so that no side effects arise later on.
- Using Computer Glasses: The individuals who heavily use computers can use single vision glasses for creating a gap between the eyes and the screen of the computer. A mininmum of 30 inches from eye is required. This can have a significant impact on the health of the eyes.
- Orthoptic Exercises: Certain types of muscle imbalances (forms of strabismus) can be improved with eye exercises. This form of therapy is called orthoptic therapy. The most common disorders that respond to orthoptic therapy are convergence insufficiency and intermittent exotropia.
- Anti-glare Screens: Anti-glare glasses can certainly help you work from your laptop screen more comfortably, but you can also protect your eyes by adjusting the screen so it's in a good position for your eye line. Remember to give your eyes a break every now and then by focusing on something in the distance.
Apart from these practices, adopting healthy lifestyle habits such as eating a balanced diet, exercising, quitting smoking and wearing sunglasses while out can help preserve eye health in general. Also, it is essential to undergo regular eye check up to catch any eye problems at its early stages.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!