Lybrate.com has top trusted Occupational Therapists from across India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ganesh
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. GaneshYour feedback matters!
I am a patient of Polio affecting both legs. But right leg is fully affected while leftleg carries the weight. At 60 year age I have developed Post Polio Residal SYndrom. Recently I have found affected by Severe Spondilities. Because of this there is affected weight transmission on the left leg. I find it extremely difficult to put weight on left leg as the ankle paining. My mobility is near zero. Exhaustion and tiredness. Constant paid in the ankle whenever walking. Question: Can this position be treated in the true sense. Is it possible to provide nourishment to the peripherial muscles in the leg. Can anyone prescrible precise daily action plan to make it bearable.
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water only half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk before and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal.
Herbs for Healing Hernia-
An integral part of natural cures is herbal remedies and herbs are excellent cures that are effective and devoid of side effects when taken with proper consultations of an herbalist. To heal hernia one can take herbs like fennel seeds, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, Licorice root and black walnuts.
A majority of these herbs can be consumed in the form of herbal teas while others are available in the form of supplements and capsules. Herbs like fennel can be consumed as it is since it is highly beneficial in enhancing the digestion. Licorice root is very good for neutralizing the acid formation and slippery elm helps in easing the discomfort and pain in the abdomen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.