Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G. Venkatesh BabuYour feedback matters!
I am pruthviraj I have 23yrs old my problem is hair falling science last three months what cab I do please give me a better idea to solve my problem.
3 months ago I had coloured my hair and since from that day am having a huge amount of hairfall. I aslo eat chicken 4 times in a weak. So can you please help me out of this problem.
I used all cosmetics on my face for the marks of pimples but still it's not going what can I do else please let me know.
I have white sun patches on my neck that also causing itching in my whole body. Is it matter of concern? And what is remedy for this?
On my right leg a small pimple is there ,it is irritating and sometimes feeling pain. Give me suggestions.
In my face having pimples and black dead cells and that pimples make small holes how can I clean my face ?
I have black comedones in my skin of ears since many years.No treatment seems to resolve this. Pl help
Healthy, glowing skin is what they call 'neighbour's envy, owner's pride'. Stop being jealous janet and get off your chair because you need to do a little homework to get that glowing skin. Some women look like they have inherited the glow without a day's work but in reality, good skin is a result of constant care and solutions that suit them right. Here are some fail proof techniques that women with great skin follow.
1. They cleanse it right: Cleansing the skin is almost done like a ritual. It has its set of rules which differ from skin to skin. As a base rule, women with good complexion do it at least twice a day - once in the morning and once before bed. It helps clear the oil, dirt, impurities and make up that clogs the pores and lets the skin breath. Use lukewarm water and a creamy cleanser. Let the cleanser sit on your skin for a minute while you gently rub it in before you wash off. This is one step women with good skin simply don't miss.
2. They remember their ctm: You know what the c stands for, now you need to follow it with a toning and moisturizing ritual to keep your skin soft and supple. Learn to differentiate between night and day moisturizers. You day moisturizer needs to contribute to your spf protection while your night moisturizer should be hydrating.
3. They use a good night cream: Night time is when your skin gets to relax and rejuvenate. Help this process by adding a good night cream to your daily ritual. A retinoid cream, for example, is a vitamin a derivative rich in collagen which helps in skin repair. They can also help reduce the occurrence of fine lines and pimples.
4. They work on their blemishes: Some have puffy eyes, others have dark circles or sun spots and may be even a couple of wrinkles here and there. But all these flaws can be steadily worked upon on a daily basis to reduce the skin problems and prevent appearance of new ones.
5. They follow the antioxidant mantra: Foods rich in omega 3 and antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, green leafy veggies, and green tea help reduce the effects of aging to add a youthful glow to the skin.
My skin is oily. I am using shallow face wash. I have a little bumps on my face. And I have pimple marks also. Please give me suggestions to make my cheeks clean and clear.
My face and neck is darker . I am not able to diagnose the reason. Is there a treatment in Ayurveda.
I sometimes have headache, when I don't oil my hairs and if use oil, pimples start coming and my skin is also very oily. Please do provide me a solution for it.
I have allergy like pimples on my shoulder for past few years. Initially I thought like this may be because of oily food so I started control over it. But still those marks are there in shoulder. What to do?
My hair is falling quickly. I fear that it it may cause baldness and my forehead skin also visible when my hair is wet. Please advice. That should be helpful for me?
Erythrasma is caused by a virus called bacterium Corynebacterium minutissimum. This type of infection is mostly found in the moist folds of the body such as the groin, knees, and armpits. They are visible in the form of reddish patches and are itchy in nature. Although Erythrasma doesn’t lead to anything serious, they have a tendency to spread, if not treated in early stages.
Causes of Erythrasma
Erythrasma often occurs to people who live in shabby conditions and do not maintain good hygiene. People living in the tropical region have a tendency to get this infection too. Some medical conditions that lead to this disease are diabetes, obesity, etc. Even low immunity and hyperhidrosis is known to cause this sort of infection.
Common symptoms of Erythrasma
Erythrasma shows unmistakable symptoms. It looks like a patch of pink to red skin with a well-defined border. With passing time, the coloration turns from reddish to brownish in color. The skin outside the patch or border is normal. This being said, if proper medication is not taken on time, this might spread and affect the healthy skin. Some other symptoms include:
- Mild to heavy itching in the affected area.
- Scaly patches in the affected area.
- The patches often look like typical ringworm infections
- A burning sensation in the affected area (especially, if the affected area is groin)
Diagnosis of Erythrasma
While this infection is one of the easiest to identify by any dermatologist, a doctor might prescribe the scraping culture test to be absolutely sure of the diagnosis. A wood’s lamp test can also be performed in order to diagnose the infection. This is a test in which a doctor passes the UV rays of the lamp on the infected area only to find a coral red coloration.
Treatment for Erythrasma
Doctors mostly suggest the intake of antibiotics such as erythromycin to kill the bacterial infection. Ointments containing imidazole and fusidic acid are also prescribed for controlling the infection. Drugs of antibacterial origin such as Clarithromycin and Erythromycin are prescribed depending on the severity of the infection and patient’s general health. A patient with a surgical wound and low immunity might develop some minor complications. It is strongly suggested to refrain from over the counter medicines for patients with this medical complication.
How to prevent Erythrasma?
Some common tips to stay away from bacterial infections such as these include the following:
- To ensure the folds of your skin is moist free
- Wearing cotton clothes in summer and avoiding tight fitting clothes
- Keeping basic hygiene intact such as wearing clean clothes, taking bath twice a day etc
- Sticking to a healthy diet and following a workout plan
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.