Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G V Ramana
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G V RamanaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 8 years of age sneezes 10 to 12 times in the morning daily after getting up from bed. Is there any natural or homeopathic remedy for this.
My child is 15 months old and earlier days he didn't like plain cow milk. Can I give any supplements to increase the flavor or test of milk. Suggest any name of supplements which is healthier.
Our girl baby was born on 20th February 2017. Please tell us which baby oil and hair oil are best for our baby.
My daughter is around 7 years but she always refuse food n fruits wht should I do to improve her diet.
My baby is only 9 month old. She has some red rashes on her chicks on both sides of nose. What is the problem treatment.
My son 3 year old having speaking delay .he speaks mum when he want water or milk. Sometime he babble papa Dada . He is not mix with other kids and following simple instructions. What can I do.
My 2.5 month old son is exclusively breast feed. However, he passes motion only once every 3-4 days. Now it's been 5 days. Should we be worried about it? Is there anything which can be given to him?
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease.
Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play:
- Eating: They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics: A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development: A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance: In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption, the milk tooth, gets resorbed, becomes mobile, and finally falls off. In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used.
These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.