Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G. Sunil KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am Dr. Nivedita Dadu. I am dermatologist at skinology skin clinic. The URL for skinology is www.skinology.in. I am creating this video to discuss collagen induction therapy or derma roller. Derma roller is a hand holding device that has micro needles. The various indications in which a derma roller can be used are acne, scars, stretch marks, anti aging, and hair fall.
Before starting the procedure a numbing cream is applied to the skin to anesthetize the area. After this, a derma roller is rolled in the target area. This causes pseudo trauma to the skin and boost collagen production and create micro channels in the skin that enhances the absorption of serums that are to be applied to the skin after the derma roller. The serums and growth factors that are applied to the skin after derma roller depends upon the indication for which the derma roller is being used. Elastin hyaluronic acid and Oils are applied to the skin for acne, scars, stretch marks and anti aging while hair growth serums are applied when derma roller is done on the scalp. This is followed by a collagen booster sheet that is supplied to the skin to enhance the penetration of the serums.
For any further queries or to book an appointment with us, you can log on to www.skinology.inacne scars
Hello doctor can I apply glycerin and lemon juice to lighten my skin. Pls suggest me something to get fairer fast.
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser, which is an intense, pulsating beam of light to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, inhibiting future hair growth. Although laser hair removal slows hair growth, it does not guarantee permanent hair removal. It takes multiple laser hair removal treatments to provide hair-free skin. Laser surgery for facial hair removal helps your skin look younger and healthier by treating aging, acne, and blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines or excess hair on the face.
This surgery comes with its own share of benefits, which are:
- First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hairs in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
- The pain factor varies from person to person because every person has a different level of pain tolerance. Laser surgery is described as feeling like a gentle pinch or like the snap of a warm rubber band.
- Laser hair removal has many benefits that make it a viable option for many people to permanently deal with unwanted hair. You can ask many questions during your consultation to make sure you fully understand the procedure they use and how they deal with the treatment of pain.
Even though laser hair removal surgery on the face is largely safe, there are certain very minor side effects that are associated with it that you need to keep in mind before opting for it. The risks involved with laser surgery occur very rarely including a change in skin tone, burns, and blistering. If performed correctly by a trained professional with a lot of experience, laser surgery for hair removal is very safe. You may have slight redness or local swelling on the treatment area of your face that typically resolves within several hours. Limiting your exposure to the sun before and after treatment can minimize the risk of complications.
I have a hair on my face but I want smooth and soft skin so there is a permanent removal of hair on my face. Age 24.
I have lots of small light white spot on my neck day by day it's spreading under neck. What should I do.
I have been facing white spots from age 20 I took few medications but have not got cure. Please help me.
I am a patient of BHP and same is under control by taking tab afdura daily once in night since 2 months. Can tab afdura of above dose be taken as maintenance dose or to shift to other med. E in.
My mom's face gets swallowed and gets red and also feels itchy. We don't understand why it happens. She had taken lots of medicines of allergies but nothing had happened. please help.
My face skin is darker than my body. My body is fair than my face. I don't want to use medicine tell me some natural upaye.
During winter my palm forms small water filled blisters which itches a little and ends up cracking of skin of my entire palm it gets fixed and repeats 3-4 times every winter. I want to know wht it is and how to fix it?
I m 22 yeaf old I have pigmentation in my face I have consult most of the doctor but no one can remove my pigmentation marks please suggest me some medicine.
Obesity can make life miserable. From unhealthy eating habits to unhealthy lifestyles and medical conditions, obesity can be an amalgamation of many factors. Obese people are a greater risk of suffering from many serious health complications like type 2 diabetes, mood swings, and depression, cardiac problems, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, to name a few. It does not stop there. More alarming is the fact that obese people are an increased risk of suffering from different types of cancer.
Bariatric surgery comes as a saviour for highly obese people (with a BMI over 40), who have tried every possible treatment under the sun to lose weight without any success. Bariatric surgery has helped many severely obese people attain a healthy weight. Bariatric surgery can be of three types;
- Gastric bypass surgery (Roux-en-Y): This is one of the most common types of weight-loss surgery practised worldwide. The procedure involves rearranging (dividing) the stomach into a smaller upper pouch and a larger lower part. The smaller pouch is then connected to the small intestine. The food consumed will pass into the small intestine through the pouch. The idea is to rearrange the stomach in such a way that a person consumes a lesser quantity of food.
- Gastric banding (Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band): In this procedure, the surgeon creates a small pouch at the upper part of the stomach by placing a band (lap band or A-band) around it. The pouch, true to its name, is used to hold the food consumed. The purpose of placing a band around the stomach (upper part) is to reduce the intake of food.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy (Gastric Sleeve surgery): In Sleeve Gastrectomy, surgeons remove a large portion of the stomach, leaving behind only a small sleeve-like pouch (hence the name). Like the other two surgeries, sleeve gastrectomy also aids in limiting the consumption of food.
- Duodenal switch: The fourth type of bariatric surgery, Duodenal switch with biliopancreatic diversion, is not very commonly used. Bariatric surgery has several health benefits. In addition to the weight loss, it plays a pivotal role in lowering the incidences of Type-2 Diabetes, depression, anxiety, coronary artery problems, sleep apnea cardiovascular diseases.
Research also suggest that bariatric surgery has been instrumental in reducing the chances of cancer (especially colon and breast cancer) by as much as 60%. The correlation between weight loss and reduced cancer instances is still a debatable topic. Some researchers and oncologists believe that the weight loss (bariatric surgery) brings about a hormonal modification which prevents the growth of tumour cells. Another study links obesity with an increased inflammation. In many cases, inflammation acts as a catalyst, accelerating the growth of cancer cells. Research is still going on to understand this correlation (obesity and reduced cancer rates) better.
Bariatric surgery has its share of risks and demerits. Consult your physician and get yourself thoroughly examined before opting for the surgery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a bariatrician.