Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G.Sujatha
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.SujathaYour feedback matters!
My son is 4.7 years old he is having dry cough from last 2 ,3 month tried so many medicines. please help
I am 33 years old male and have difficulty in breathing for last 2 weeks and I have been using theoasthalin tab. But it does not control. My father is also asthma patient. I already consulted a doctor. I got relief with his medicine for about 1 year. So what should I do now? please prescribe proper medicine -timing, name of medicine ,etc.
I am 25 years old. I am suffering from dry cough since 3 yrs. Without any bulgum. No chest pain and no suffocation in breathing only feel heat in neck and no open dry cough. Please suggest me a better cure.
I do marble fitting job and I don't have asthma But when I reach home after doing my job I feel irritated when breathing I feel chest pain sometimes as well.
I have breathing problem while sleeping and this happens only at night. Also unable to breath under shower and not able to sleep under the sealing fan. Please advise.
Im suffering from high cough and headache from past 15days. I used lot of still no result. What should I do.
Hi, I am suffering from cough for last 18 days and have gone to doctors also but not getting cure. What should i do?
We take the act of breathing for granted, but for many people this simple action can be quite difficult. Difficulty breathing is one of the characteristic symptoms of asthma. This is because of an inflamed, narrow airway. Asthma can be allergic, hereditary, emotional or occupational in nature and can significantly lower the quality of a person’s life.
Homoeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses not only the symptoms of a problem, but its root cause. This form of treatment takes into consideration the physical, mental and emotional state of a person. It has negligible side effects and hence can be prescribed to people of all ages.
Some of the most frequently prescribed homeopathic remedies for asthma are:
- Ipecac: This is used in cases where the patient suffers from sudden wheezing, dyspnoea, anxiety and feels a weight on his chest. In such cases, the asthma is aggravated by motion and a constant cough often causes gagging and vomiting.
- Arsenicum: Arsenicum is beneficial in cases where the patient is elderly and asthmatic attacks are more frequent after midnight. These patients suffer from anxiety, restlessness, burning in the chest, dry dysponea and fear suffocation. Allergic asthma caused by humidity can also be treated by arsenicum.
- Antim Tart: This is prescribed to patients who suffer from a rattling cough with little mucus expectoration. In many instances this cough is triggered by eating and can be relieved by lying on one side. This type of asthma also makes the patient feel drowsy and weak. Antim Tart is especially beneficial for young children and elderly people.
- Nux Vomica: Asthma can also be triggered by gastric troubles. In such instances breathing is more difficult in the morning and is marked by a dry cough and a feeling of fullness in the stomach. Nux Vomica is an excellent remedy for such types of asthma. These asthmatic cases also worsen in winters and may be accompanied by a headache or stomach ache.
- Carbo veg: This homoeopathic remedy is prescribed in cases where the patient’s face turns blue at the time of an asthmatic attack. These patients also suffer from stomach troubles and a cough accompanied by itchiness in the larynx. Along with this, they tend to feel cold, especially in their hands and feet.
Though homoeopathy has negligible side effects, it should not be used to self medicate. Homeopathic medicine should be prescribed only after the doctor has a thorough physical and emotional understanding of the patient.