Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.SireeshaYour feedback matters!
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Please help me know the difference between bleeding between periods, and prolonged menstrual periods.
Watery discharging from near about 1 year when I used copper T now I had removed copper T but watery discharge not stopped daily discharging in night what can I do.
I am a teenager of 14 I am suffering from stomach ache during periods from last 2 month s too much pain I have been eaten pain killer tablets but not getting relief what is the problem?
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
Nail biting or onychophagia is mostly subconscious habit triggered by stress, boredom, anxiety or depression. Nail biters acquire this bad habit in their childhood in majority of cases.
While it may seem like a fairly harmless habit, in actuality it is NOT! Nail biting habit may cause finger and nail infections, dental problems, mouth infections and also ugly appearance to your fingers and hands. Hence it becomes necessary to keep this bad habit in check. Try following ways if you wish to give up the habit.
1. Identify the causes/ triggers and fix them
As mentioned, anxiety, depression and stress can trigger nail biting. Fix these causes by practicing meditation, yoga regularly. If required and prescribed by qualified doctor, take medicines to resolve the issues.
2. Engage yourself in joyful activities
As boredom is another cause of nail biting, engage yourself in some light activities like reading good books, music, planting or anything you like.
3. Be determined
Be strongly determined to give up the habit. Keep telling yourself to stop this bad habit. Try to be aware the times when you put fingers in mouth to bite nails and stop then and there from doing so.
4. Nail strengthener
Stronger and well shaped nails will make you less tempted to nail biting.
5. Let your friends and family know
Informing your friends and family about your determination to kick the habit will help you with their watchful eyes as you might be biting nails even unconsciously.
6. Try fake nails/ gloves
Fake nails will not only enhance beauty of your nails but also will aid you to give up nail biting. If you do not wish to use fake nails, use gloves for few days to keep the habit in check.
Manicure beautifies your nails giving them a bright and attractive look. Thus it helps psychologically to kick the habit as you are less likely to spoil your beautiful nails.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 41 years old female, as per reports I have tube block and no chance for natural pregnancy. So what should I do?
Hi, i'm 42 year old female, today morning my breast leaking milk from breast but i'm not pregnant and I have 14 year old son. After that I didn't got pregnant, please tell me why this breast milk coming and its coming from both the side. Is it a serious problem?
Doctor my age is 23 so we are trying for 2nd baby first one c-section she is 2years 4months now. I removed coper-t also now 10months over we are trying regular monthly but no luck till now why sir? My periods started after 1year delivery over so this reason only or what sir tell me I needed my baby 1year 9months now I stopped 6months over.
I am 20, I had irregular periods since from my puberty but there will be some normal periods too occur. A week after again it starts. Due to loss of blood am getting weak and getting headache and body pain. Is this normal? But for the last two months it is normal last for a week. Please suggest some remedies for this problem.
I was diagnosed with SLE in 1994. I am on omnacortil 10 mg. I have now been diagnosed with meniers disease and have vertigo. I have small cysts in my left breast and they bleed once in 10 days. I have a poor vision now and am dizzy. please help.
I have got symptoms of periods as my period date last month was 14 th Jan....Bt still periods have not started....as I have to go for travelling after one day so today I took the tablet regestrone to delay the periods. So I want to ask will it work now?? Is this safe to take the tablet after getting symptoms??
Hi. I'm 25 years old. I had unprotected sex on 7 may with my boyfriend in car in sitting position, much of his sperms discharge was out but for safety I had unwanted pill immediately. I had my last periods on 19th april. Can I conceive, i'm having stomach cramping from days and when can I test for pregnancy.
I am 28 tears old female. My period was due on 1st. But still it has not started. I have tested twice and it is showing negative. M planning since 5 months. M having abdominal pain and thigh pain as before due date. Can I still expect pregnancy. please help me. M very upset.
My girlfriend is not having periods. We had intercourse on 3rd april and her periods date was 5th april. She did the urine test twice on 4th and 7th and beta hcg test on 7th. All the tests have shown negative result. On 7th she had a mark but aftr that no sign of periods. We had unprotected sex (ejaculated outside). Please suggest what should she do and is there any way of finding out if she is pregnant or not as we are very much tensed. Can she take primolut N?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.