Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.SireeshaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 12th day of her menstruation cycle. I gave her ipill within 15 hours, will she get pregnant? Would having sex on 12th day means ipill will not work? She has a 30 day cycle though.
The spine lends structural stability and balance to our body helping us stand upright, while allowing flexibility in various movements. Moreover, it forms a protective canal in which the spinal cord, the most important part of the neural network, flows down from the brain to the rest of our body. The spinal column is an interconnected structure of bony (vertebrae) and cartilage tissues (intervertebral discs) and it is prone to age related wear and tear. Read through to learn more about a herniated disc, its manifestations and treatment options, with special reference to a minimally invasive surgical technique called endoscopic discectomy.
What is a herniated disc?
First, let’s understand an intervertebral disc. It is essentially a disc shaped, rubber like tough and flexible structure made of outer layers of fibrous cartilage with a softer gel like tissue in the centre. A disc lies between two adjoining vertebral bones of the spine and acts as a shock absorber. This disc undergoes wear and tear changes (degeneration) after a certain age. When the degenerated disc is subjected to any external strain or injury, the substance from the central part of the disc comes out through the tears in the outer fibrous layers. This condition is called a herniated disc. It is also referred to as prolapsed or slipped disc. A disc prolapse can occur in any part of the vertebral column; but, mostly observed in the lumbar (lower back) or in cervical (neck) region.
What happens when an intervertebral disc herniates?
When the inner disc material protrudes through the disc surface, it may pinch or irritate the nerve roots it comes in contact with. It also elicits a severe inflammatory chemical response in that area. If this happens in the lumbar spine, it induces symptoms such as:
Pain in the back, pain running down the leg, weakness of the muscles in the leg supplied by the affected nerve root, numbness or tingling sensation in the respective part of the leg. Loss of bladder and bowel control if a large disc prolapse compresses multiple nerve roots.
If you feel recurring radiating pain in any of the body parts, it would be a good call to see a spine specialist.
What causes disc herniation?
Disc herniation happens as a result of degeneration that is mostly related to the genetic composition of the person. Smoking is another well established factor that causes disc degeneration. Other factors also play a role in the process of wear and tear of the discs. Though the exact reason is hard to pick, disc herniation may be precipitated by strain on the spine during physical work, certain kind of frequent body movements or spinal injury due to any accident. Sometimes adopting improper body posture for physically demanding jobs of time may result in this condition.
What are the treatment options for herniated disc condition?
Most cases of disc herniation can be treated medically with rest, pain relievers, anti-inflammatory medication and physiotherapy. But, if the symptoms persist or the pain is severe or if it is affecting the nerve function causing numbness and weakness, it needs surgical intervention.
Minimally invasive (endoscopic) spine surgery
Spine surgery is generally adopted as the last resort to treat painful disc prolapse that do not respond to medication for a longer period (usually 3 months). Rarely, a severe nerve compression causing weakness of muscles or severe sciatica may need surgical treatment straight away. Conventional open surgery involves cutting the muscles and removing some portion of bone in the spine, which has its own complications and disadvantages. But, the advent of high definition image guided systems and surgical tools, now-a-days spine surgery for herniated discs can be done with minimal invasion.
Endoscopic discectomy for herniated disc is a minimally invasive spine surgery carried out through a small on the back. It involves removal of herniated disc material that protrudes and compresses the adjacent nerve roots, through specially designed spine endoscopes that help in clear visualization of the structures. Instead of cutting the muscles in an open surgery, endoscopic surgery involves dilation of the muscles causing much less damage and procedure related pain. It can also be performed under local anesthesia as a day care procedure in suitable patients.
I'm a 32 yrs old female, how to get pregnant normally because 2 times ivf done but that's all negative, please reply me, 15 yrs finished but still I have no child. please advice.?
Hello Doc, last night after intercourse I realized that condom was torn though semens was in condom but I feel that some semens would have gone inside. In such scenarios I normally buy ipill but lately when I heard about the side effects hence hesitant to prescribe this time. Is it advisable to take ipill once every month is there any alternative, need your advise on this.
I am 25 year old guy I had gud sex life but from when my gf when to home for preparing for exam m not having sex and not getting any erectile energy from past 1 month there is no blood feeling in my penis vessels, I mean I try to mastrubate my self but it not getting tight, like dis never happened before n now m worried. Please help me.
Giving birth is a life-changing event for every mother and it leaves an everlasting impression in your life. Every delivery is unique and you can just gain from the experience of others, but don’t expect it to be the same.
You will experience many changes in your body and will learn to take care of yourself and your growing baby as soon as you find out that you are pregnant. Pain is a part of labour that every woman has to undergo. It is the fear of labour pain that make many pregnant women opt for c-section. However there is no denying the fact that c-section is a major surgery and requires several days to recover.
Keep in mind the following tips to go in for a normal delivery:
- Try to get prenatal education, which guides you about labour, birth and natural labour pain management techniques, such as breathing, self-hypnosis, relaxation and other coping mechanisms. You should check with your hospital too as most of them offer an evening or weekend course.
- Consult a gynaecologist who has a history in delivering babies naturally.
- Keep yourself physically active by doing mild exercises throughout pregnancy.
- You should keep a calm environment in your labour room.
- Don’t gain too much weight as women who aren't overweight do not have much difficulty in delivering babies vaginally.
- Opt for fewer rather as more tests, treatments and interventions during your pregnancy tend to interfere with normal birth. Whenever tests or procedures are recommended, you should ask about the need of undergoing such tests.
- Continue with your walks as it helps in relieving the pain.
- Go in for a water therapy. A shower, bathtub, birthing pool and hot compresses are other tools for easing pain and helping you relax. Spend as much time as possible in water.
- Use various positions such as sitting on the toilet, kneeling, and squatting to ease vaginal delivery.
- Massage/back rubs equally help in easing the pain.
- You can also go in for Effleurage which is a light massage of the abdomen to ease your vaginal delivery.
- Apply warm or cold compresses.
- Avoid hearing negative stories about labour.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet as the health and development of your baby depends on your nutrition.
- Stay away from stress and anxiety. Read good books about parenting and be in the company of good lively people.
- Use relaxation/breathing techniques to keep yourself calm.
- Guided meditation and prayers undoubtedly will reinforce your faith in yourself to deliver a baby vaginally.
- Have adequate sleep. Avoid drinking tea or coffee two hours before going to bed in order to have uninterrupted sleep.
Following these tips religiously can definitely increase your chances of having a normal delivery.
1. It Will Help Your Body Maintain a Healthy Alkaline pH Level
Most of us tend to be more acidic than alkaline. One of the first steps toward better health is a body that’s more alkaline. As the acid-alkaline balance is essential, with so many bodily functions occurring only at a certain level of acidity or alkalinity, the body is constantly striving to achieve a state of equilibrium. Just a small change in pH can have a profound effect on body functioning.
The first step towards great health begins with helping the body become more alkaline. The acid-alkaline balance is important, since many functions in the body occur only at a certain level of acidity or alkalinity. Many enzymes and chemical reactions in the body work best at a particular pH, and research has shown that high acid levels lead to a lack of energy, and higher incidences of infection.
While you might think that raw organic ACV is acidic, when consumed, it actually becomes alkaline. Acid forming foods include things like processed foods, alcohol, sugar and other simple carbohydrates. Keeping your body more alkaline will naturally help keep your energy levels up and better able it to fight off illness and disease.
2. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
There is also scientific evidence that ACV may help lower blood pressure, which in turn, lessens the risk of heart disease. ACV contains potassium, which is known to help balance the body’s sodium levels and maintain optimal blood pressure. It also contains magnesium, which helps to relax blood vessels walls, and ultimately lower blood pressure
3. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Improves Heart Health
In addition to lowering blood pressure, which lessens the risk of heart disease, drinking ACV can help increase HDL, or “good” cholesterol, according to a 2006 study reported in Medscape General Medicine. Other research, published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry in 2011, also confirmed these findings, and researchers also discovered that ACV can help control triglycerides.
4. It Promotes Healthy Detoxification of the Liver and Other Organs
In the process of helping to balance the body’s pH, ACV works to help detoxify the body. Research has found that it specifically helps detox the liver, and that it can help stimulate circulation. ACV boasts a variety of healing processes for the skin and blood, helping to remove harmful environmental toxins that build up in the body, especially in the liver. It helps to flush it out and improve the natural blood filtration process while boosting energy levels.
Another way ACV helps to detox the body is by breaking up mucus and cleansing the lymph nodes, which allows for better lymph circulation. When your lymphatic system is healthy, it can remove toxins from cells and improve the immune system response.
5. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Eliminates Candida Overgrowth
As ACV is rich in natural enzymes, consuming it can help eliminate candida in the body. Candida has been blamed for many different health issues, including poor memory, fatigue, headaches, depression, sugar cravings and yeast infections. While it’s a naturally occurring yeast, it can quickly grow out of control if the body becomes too acidic from eating too many processed foods or too much sugar, or if good bacteria is killed off from antibiotic use.
Candida thrives on those types of foods, which includes refined carbs like pastries and cookies. Some natural health experts believe that a sugar addiction may even stem from yeast overgrowth as the yeast needs those foods to survive, which leads one to crave and eat more and more, creating a vicious cycle.
6. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Eases Digestive Ailments
ACV is very effective when it comes to a variety of digestive disorders as it stimulates digestive juices that help the body breakdown food. It can help indigestion, bloating, gas and even heartburn. In fact, experts say that taking just a teaspoon of ACV with a glass of water will bring relief from heartburn fast. Some theories suggest that heartburn occurs due to low stomach acid levels, and ACV helps bring that level up. Additionally, the healthy acids found in ACV, including acetic, isobutryic, lactic and propionic acid aids better digestion by controlling the growth of unwanted yeast and bacteria in the stomach and throughout the body.
7. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Accelerates Weight Loss
Adding two teaspoons of ACV to 16 ounces of water and sipping it throughout the day may help boost weight loss efforts. All types of vinegars have been used over the years to aid weight loss, because they help make you feel full – as the study out of Arizona just mentioned, it’s been scientifically shown to increase satiety.
A study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry showed that participants who consumed ACV for 12 weeks managed to achieve significant declines in body weight as well as abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides.
8. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Can Help to Prevent Osteoporosis
More than one in four women in America over the age of 65 have been diagnosed with osteoporosis. To get this diagnosis means that they’ve lost 50 to 75 percent of the original bone material from their skeleton. This frightening condition is estimated to affect 200 million women worldwide – about one of every 10 women aged 60, one of every five women aged 70, and two of every five women aged 80.
Obviously, preventing this disease before it ravages your bones is key, and as ACV aids in the nutrient absorption of calcium, an essential mineral for preventing osteoporosis, it’s one of the best tools you can use to reduce your risk. By drinking it along with each meal, it will help to ensure proper calcium absorption to strengthen your bones.
8. Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar Slows the Aging Process
Other than the wisdom and experience gained by becoming older, few people look forward to the physical signs of aging, like wrinkles and sagging skin. The antioxidant properties in vinegar can help prevent premature aging and even aid in slowing down the aging process. ACV’s ability to maintain the stability of the acid/alkaline balance in the body also plays a key role.
9. It Assists In the Fight Against Free Radical Damage
You’ve probably heard the term “free radicals,” but do you really know what it means? The technical definition is that it’s a molecule or atom that has an unpaired electron in its outer orbit. Free radicals are continually created in order to carry on the metabolic activity of the body and are essential to life. They fight infection by killing a variety of germs that we become infected with, but, when there is an overproduction of free radicals, it can cause all sorts of problems.
If there are more free radicals that can be handled by enzymes or antioxidant nutrients, it can cause oxidative damage to cell membranes, tissues, proteins and even DNA, which may result in diseases like ulcers, emphysema, arthritis and immune disorders. In fact, just about every disease you can think of is caused by free radicals.
My partner got pregnant 2 weeks ago, Bt she want to avoid pregnancy right now. So what will she do now. quickly please.
I am 26 years old. Me and my husband trying for baby for last 1.5 yrs. Taking treatment like ovulation pills and doc injected me on 14 day of my ovulation. During follicular study I am having good follicular development. But my question iss why I am not gettingpregent. And usually I am having periods like pain 15 days before of my period date. What could be the reason for that? My hus count is normal. I had pcod before. I hope I only get pregnant if and only if. That pain stops. I had regular period for last 5 months. But in Aug and Sept periods gets late for 2 days and this month nearly late for 1 weak. What will be the reason for that. Please suggest me.
My wife is 1 & half month pregnant last 3 days while urinating she is getting liquid discharge often is this normal she doesn't know the quality please advise.
Major complications of uncontrolled hypertension
1 kidney failure
2 kidney disease
3 end stage renal disease
4 heart disease
5 hardened arteries
6 cardiovascular disease
8 heart attack
9 left ventricular hypertrophy
11 cerebrovascular disease
12 eye complications
13 retinal damage
14 cerebral hemorrhage
So never avoid your hypertension.
Hi my wife is 4 months pregnant and her blood group is B negative and my Blood group is B positive, one doctor told me that it can be problem in the time of delivery. Is there is really problem?
Does the size of boobs increases after having sex and does any other noticeable changes occur in the body looks?
I am suffering from excessive bleeding during menstruation so what should I do to prevent it? Please suggest an effective medicine?
I am 16 years old girl and I am suffering from leukorrhea but last three month it start to pain from navel to pee door, and all symptoms like normal leukorrhea. Is it a big problem please help.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.