Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. G Sashikanth


Orthopedist, Hyderabad

17 Years Experience  ·  300 at clinic
Dr. G Sashikanth MBBS Orthopedist, Hyderabad
17 Years Experience  ·  300 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. G Sashikanth
Dr. G Sashikanth is a popular Orthopedist in Yousufguda, Hyderabad. He has been a successful Orthopedist for the last 17 years. He has completed MBBS . He is currently practising at Dr. Chendra's Multispeciality Clinic in Yousufguda, Hyderabad. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. G Sashikanth on has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam, - 2000
Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
Indian Orthopaedic Association


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr. Chendra's Multispeciality Clinic

Plot No. F2, Madhura Nagar, Yousufguda. Landmark: Beside Ratnadeep Super Market, HyderabadHyderabad Get Directions
300 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. G Sashikanth

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I HAVE DEVELOPED SEVERE PAIN IN MY BOTH KNEES,from last Oct 2014 onwards,In touch with HOD of St Stephan hospital Delhi -110006 & HOD of Indian spinal Injury hospitals Vasant Vihar New Delhi , as I got operated by both Drs. for Spinal problem at L4- L5 , for Nerve Decompression on 3rd Jan 2013 & 26th Aug 2013 again at ISI .Had enough medicines prescribed by Drs.Was undergoing already Physio Threrepy by qulalified Dr regaularly thrice a week since June 2014, Adv. Nephrosyn 500 mg twice daily ,without any releif.Dr says Inflamtion of Left Knee, however practically left crippled now - cannot stand for 3-5 minutes, even difficulty in lying on bed , evn slightest movement / change in posture while sitting or lying on bed results into crying as pain becomes unbearable . Even last evening Dr asked to take additionally ULTRACET ,tab twice,till physically examination on Wednesday Now , over & above ths Knee pain , it also severly results in pain in LHS leg ,lower half- below & above knee, near ankle areas, upper back of thigh ,the thin line of thigh adj leg, also pains .Local application of pain killers like Volini ointment / spray - even patches with Hifenec - medicine , gave no relief. I suspect this pain , other then knees to be outcome of Decompression of nerve / side effect / damage ,that took place to me in Sep/ Oct 2012 & was operated in Jan & Aug 2013 . This Pain also appears to be resulting into / causing NUMBNESS , in these areas , Latest Knee X-ray says Normal wear & tear apperanig / taking place. No Panic button pressed by Drs after seeing X-ray s/ clinically - both ways Kindly suggest , some medicine / Exercise / procedure , for relief , if possible pl

Physiotherapist, Delhi
Instead of pain killers try neugaba m in night to relax ur nerves and ice packs take a gud anti inflammatory med as well
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir. My self Basheer Quadri from Hyd. I feeling very weakness in my body parts, I used pain relief tablets but I didn't get relief, What my I do sir.

Dear lybrate user, take homoeopathic mother tincture acid phos q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals in a cup of water. Try to get a un-interrupted sleep of 8 hours daily. Drink a lots of water daily. If you have a habit of masturbation then you should not masturbate for more than twice in a week. Abstain from any type of addiction if you have any.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I feel pain In my leg since for one year please some suggestion wt can I do please tell me.

Diploma in Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, MD - Acupuncture
Acupuncturist, Bangalore
Identify the mid point between the ankle bone and tendons and give pressure with a blunt edge on either side of your foot for 2 minutes. Also give pressure in the web between 2nd and 3rd finger from your toe for 2 minutes. Finally give a good massage for both feet in hot water. Identify the dipping portion on the back of your knee folding. Press this dip with both middle fingers and hold your knee with your thumbs for support. Please swing 20 times morning and evenings. Inform after 10 days for further guidance.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 47 yrs old female in menopause since the last two years. I have stopped gymming since the last three months. I have constant pain in my upper arms even though I stopped lifting weights. I am under treatment for fatty liver and high bp. Why is the pain not going even with painkillers/ I am prone to morning stiffness and wrist pain and have tennis elbow too. Also spondilityis in neck and baxck region. Please help with this upper arm pain. Its horrible. Everything else is under control with exercise amd bp tablet.

Diploma in Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, MD - Acupuncture
Acupuncturist, Bangalore
Can be solved through acupressure/ acupuncture easily. Try this for 3 days. Massage with your thumbs from the mid points of the shoulder blades on both sides towards the lower back of your head up to lower level of the ears. Use oil or water for massage. Rotate your head clockwise and anticlockwise, forward and down, left and right a few times. Do for 5 to 10 times morning and evening. Eat nutritious food including green vegetables, dairy products fruits do regular exercise. Identify the mid point between the ankle bone and tendons and give pressure with a blunt edge on either side of your foot for 2 minutes. Also give pressure in the web between 2nd and 3rd finger from your toe for 2 minutes. Finally give a good massage for both feet in hot water. Consult after 5 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is of 48 year old she has fall from stairs there is fracture in rib bones some bones are pressed also pls help me she is in to much pain.

MBBS, D.ORTHO, DNB (Ortho), Fellowship Joint Replacement, MNAMS
Orthopedist, Mumbai
Sure I can help you, She will require a strapping brace, medicines - exact treatment will be decided after seeing the xray.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I have knee pain and that is also very much I have done all the ayurvedic and all other treatment but not getting any solution please can you help me for that it will be very helpful to me thank you very much.

Physiotherapist, Bangalore
Dear visit a physiotherapy centre and get the treatment done as prescribed by the physiotherapist. You will be advised to take one or two physiotherapy modalities and along with that exercises for the knee would be taught which will resolve your problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have swelling on my knee and can't fully put weight on my injured leg as it pains in backside of knee suggest so that swelling goes.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My legs are paining as I have come from long walk what should I do? Actually I was went to a trip in waterfall to that I have to walk around 3 kms up.

Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hii lybrate-user. It is called as delayed onset muscle soreness. It is quite common if your body is not accustomed to exercise. Apply ice atleast twice a day n start exercising for half an hour daily.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 33, years old and noticing swelling in my feet kindly tell wh. Could be the reason for this is. It bcoz of sitting. For long hours or something. Else. Rt.

MBBS, MD - Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Nagpur
Is the swelling pitting? reasons for swelling ie oedema in medical terms are 1. Varicosis 2. Hypothyroidism 3. Heart failure 4. Kidney failure 5. Liver failure 6. Benign.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can I bend my knee after 3 weeks of arthroscopy and if I can than how many degrees? Please tell because I am very nervous about my knee.

FAMS, MS - Orthopaedics, Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
Orthopedist, Indore
Dear Mrinmay, Namaskar, It depends on..what for Arthroscopy was done...only diagnostic or therapeutic ? and more over your own surgeon is the best person to guide you.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Due to back pain in able to work proper what I can do take relief from pain Work slow.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Do learn stretching and Strengthening exercises from physiotherapist Use firm hard and even mattress for sleep Best Wishes.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old now. I am suffering from back heel pain. What kind of medicine should I take now? I.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Stretch calves get a custom made insole. Hams stretching. Contrast bath. Sports taping. Gentle stretching.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 45 years old what should I do to keep myself fit like not getting problem of knee at later stage. What test I should go for as I am a daily drinker.

Fellowship in Shoulder and Knee Surgeries, DNB (Orthopedics), Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), MBBS
Orthopedist, Nagpur
It's good that you are thinking of future. First thing will be to reduce your weight. Second thing will be over function tests and USG abdomen to see what damage has occurred due to daily drinking. Do regular exercises. If you are fit, you won't have problems.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Arthritis/Rheumatism and Homeopathy

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
The homeopathic approach
In treating someone suffering from arthritis and rheumatism with homeopathy, just as with any other condition, I look at the person as a whole. In practice this means starting by looking at what exactly the problem is: pain, stiffness, sleep disturbance, limitation of particular activities, or what? Where is it? How long has it been a problem, and what has been the evolution? “Evolution” means where did it start and what has happened since – has it moved, if so, in any particular pattern? Does it come and go, any pattern to that? Did anything seem to trigger it off in the first place?

Then the modalities – simply any factor which makes the problem worse or better: for instance hot or cold applications, bandaging or support, the weather etc. Here it is important to know what is normal: for instance it is usual for an acutely inflamed, swollen, tender joint to be relieved by cold applications.
For treatment message complaints in details- Dr Rushali Angchekar
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic

Recently my aunt has joint pains, backache and numbness in legs. Heard that due to the deficiency of vitamin B also causes these, Is it so? And also want to know more about the symptoms of deficiency of vitamin B and the food rich in vitamin B.

Doctor Of Physical Therapy (DPT), Bachelor of Physical Therapy
Physiotherapist, Bangalore
Pain can be due to many reasons. Get a orthopaedic consultation to find the cause of numbness as it can be pinched nerve and if not diagnosed early can lead to permanent damage. At home try hot or cold for back, gentle strteches
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 22 years and from last four months I am facing severe difficulty in walking. I have pain in my lower left body (from waist to feet), whenever I try to walk my whole vein from thigh gets extract. I consulted a doctor and he told me that I have internal swelling occurred due to lifting weight etc, I took his medicines for about 2 months but got no improvement now can anyone tell me what should I do and whether I should consult in ortholopeadic or neurology?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Kindly show me a photograph of the affected part. Rule out diabetes & vit. D deficiency or any other metabolic disorder. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick matress are harmful Do hot fomantation. Paracetamol 250mg od & sos x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab od x10. Do neck, back & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. You will need other supportive medicines also. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 1 wk, contact me again. Do not ignore. It could be beginning of a serious problem.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 years old male and recently encountered a fracture in my palm. The bone connected to my little finger got fractured in angular manner. Shall I go for a POP or a surgery where a wire will be inserted?

Fellowship in Neurological Rehabilitation, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Gurgaon
Hi, all dislocations or fracture dislocations should to be put back in joint (reduced) and held in joint until healed. Sometimes the injury will pop back into joint and be stable enough to hold in a plaster cast. If so they need careful supervision with repeat x-rays for 2-3 weeks from injury to make sure they do not slip out again. If the joint is not that stable it will need to be held with 1-3 wires passed through the skin known as k wires. These usually protrude through the skin so they can easily be removed in the outpatient's clinic. Some surgeons will bury the wires under the skin. Only occasionally is open surgery required i. E. A formal cut is made on the back of the hand over the injury. The wires typically remain in place for 4-5 weeks. During this time the fracture and wires will need support in a plaster cast either a full cast or a partial cast. Any fingers or parts of fingers not held by the plaster should be moved to reduce stiffness. Most patients do very well following these injuries. After an immobilization period, rehabilitative exercises should be performed to regain strength and mobility and to minimize chronic pain and stiffness. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir my right leg knee gives severe pain. I took alopathi and Sidha medicines. No improvements till now. What to do next ?

Orthopedist, Delhi
Get x rays both knees AP and lateral views and serum vitamin D and uric acid levels(blood tests) and revert back with reports.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed