Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G.RaviYour feedback matters!
Am 24years old. Male. My hands n legs n lips n neck are always dry and getting dark color. My face is oily. N am using azac soap twice a day. please help me.
I have been smoking since one year now I feel itching ,too much mucus, chest pain sometimes headaches less enthusiasm.
Sir one of my friends was addicted to gutkha but he left it because in both of his chick a a blood veins visible from inside and he told that he can feel a normal circle in left of his chick (since from last 2 years after leaving gutkha). Is it possible that still he has chances of cancer?
I am 37 years old. I have pinching pain in my underarms since two months. I searched net. It is perhaps hidradenitis suppurativa. What is the best and safe treatment?
Exposure to sun's rays allows the skin to absorb produce vitamin D in the body, however, overexposure to the same can wreak havoc on your skin. So the next time you are going out, consider the effects of sun overexposure on the skin and take precautions accordingly.
Over exposure to the sun's rays can fasten the ageing process in the body. It does this by damaging the fiber in the skin that makes the skin elastic, resulting in sagging skin. It also slows down the healing process of the skin, thus cuts and bruises take longer time to heal.
Following are the various ways in which the sun can cause real damage to your skin:
- It may lead to benign tumors on the skin
- It may decrease the immunity levels of the skin, thus increasing the risk of various diseases such as basal skin carcinoma (cancer of the cells lining the epidermal layer of the skin) and melanoma.
- It may cause wrinkles and fine lines on your skin
- It may cause discoloration of the skin, leading to spots on the skin
- You may also get affected by freckles on your skin
Over exposure to the sun's rays also increases the risk of skin cancer as it may lead to damage of the DNA present on the skin. This may lead to an unhindered growth of cells, resulting in skin cancer. Apart from this, sun exposure may also increase oiliness in the skin and lead to acne breakouts.
There are a number of measures you may adopt to reduce the harmful effects of sun rays on your skin; they are:
- Wear protective clothing when you step out in the sun. Prefer full sleeved clothes and full length trousers or skirts as they will prevent the skin from being overly exposed to the sun.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF count of at least above 15 when you go out in the sun in order to protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet radiations of the sun.
- Remember to moisturize your skin as sun exposure may cause the skin to turn dry and flaky.
- Don't save your umbrellas only for rainy days, use them to avoid direct exposure to the sun.