Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Yauvan pidika or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne. According to ayurveda, kapha, pitta & rakta and meda or fat dhathu are responsible for producing acne.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root. Herbs like Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and Kushta (Saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Chandana (Santalum album) are also effective in treating acne. The application of Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) and Khas-Khas (Vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.
The following are some of the ayurvedic remedies for treating acne:
- To reduce the growth of pimple, rub powder of jamun (Syzygium cumini) seed and apply it on the pimple.
- The peel of orange has medicinal properties that can be used effectively in the treatment of pimple. Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water; apply it on your face on a regular basis. It is an effective remedy that cures acne and improves the skin tone.
- To achieve an immediate result, apply a paste of lodhra (symplocos crateigodies), vach (acorus calamus) and dhania (coriander). Improvement will be noticed within 7 days.
- A paste of red chandan (red sandalwood) and jaiphal (nutmeg) are also effective in reducing the appearance of acne and pimples.
- Apply a paste of masoor dal (red lentils) with milk, ghee and camphor on your face. It reduces the appearance of acne and clears the scars which are left behind.
- Prepare a paste of lemon, kalaunji (seeds of fennel flower) and milk. Apply it on your face on a regular basis before going to bed. Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. This remedy ensures speedy disappearance of acne.
- Make a mixture of nimbu (lemon), extracts of tulsi (basil) and black kasundi (coffee pods), dry it in sun and apply the mixture on face. It is a powerful remedy that is known to cure the problem of acne.
Besides these home remedies, a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will also enable you to reduce the risk of recurrent acne.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream but did't see any changes. What should I do.
I had lots of white pores in my face and back of the body (A small round shape in white colour). I consult this with some local doctors and they said it due to the winter, But its still on my face and no changes on that by using their prescribed medicines. Whats this disease called? How it causes.? What are the remedial measures to this?
Hi I am 20 years young girl with fair complexion. Past 1 year my skin is going dark slowly instead of taking every precaution. Please help in this regard.
I have underwent laser treatment for acne and pimples and scars. After that, the pimples are raised and my face fully covered up with black scars and dots fully. Feeling sad a the day when I go out and someone point out me about my face. suggest me a good relief from that and recovery solutions. Regards Mohamed Nasar.
I have dark spade in my below eye. This darkness my face also. Please give me a solution that I may helpful to you.
In have under eye black circles since 4 years. Can you say me the solution to solve it.In my family my mother has also same black circles under my mothers eyes also. please say the solution to sole it.
With change in lifestyle and eating/drinking habits, our health deteriorates and the first signs are seen on your face. Nowadays, skin starts ageing in your 20s and it is sad. The good news is that we can take care of our skin health with some minor adjustments in our lifestyle. One such change is adding few foods to our diet. Best foods for skin health are:
Almonds - these nuts have high quantity of vitamin e which doubles as antioxidant protecting the cells of your skin from uv light.
Green tea - apart from helping detox and lose weight, green tea is also good for your skin. The antioxidants in green tea have anti-cancer properties which have been proven and hence, prevent skin cancer.
Dark chocolates - love chocolate? here is a good reason to eat them (in moderation). Antioxidants in dark chocolates protect against sun damage and make the skin smooth & soft.
Carrots - carrots have vitamin a which helps clear skin breakouts. Eating carrots gives you a natural glow and a healthier complexion.
Tomatoes - tomatoes have phytochemicals which help eliminate skin-aging which is caused by harmful ultraviolet rays.
Walnuts - these nuts provide a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are particularly important for vegetarians who are not getting the same from fish. Not having enough of omega-3 fatty acids can cause dry, scaly skin often leading to eczema.
Water - yes, plain water! it hydrates your skin and allows it to breathe. And, it is the best liquid substitute to sugar filled juices and soda.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.