Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G Rajendra Prasad
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G Rajendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
Hello. I have a daughter of 3 month. Im breast feeding her but my milk supply is not adequate for her. She keeps crying even after feeding. Nd feels as if still hungry. Im giving her dexolac formula milk twice in the day. Can I drink lactare powder to increase milk supply or does it has any side effects. Nd if safe how mch quantity shud I take in a day.
Hi, I have a 5 years old daughter she is very smart but from last year she is suffering from a very surprised disease during sleep suddenly she started to very thick vomiting and looking left side and unconscious. I have taken a treatment from finest neurologist and MRI, EEG all test have done. Her MRI report is clear but in EEG report there is some problem in left side so our doctor was started medicine levi pill. We are giving this medicine to her from last year but its not effective to her. In last year its came between eight month period but now it is coming in 20 days gap.
What is the alternative food for cow milk for 17 month baby. He hates cow milk. If force feed, his motion comes watery the next day.
I want to grow up my muscles so tell me that what I have to do for it. I don't know any thing about it. So, please help me.
Hello. My baby's birth weight was 2.5 kgs. And now she is 10 months old and weighs 7.5 kgs only. Although she is very active but she is very weak. Kindly suggest what kind of food will help her in increasing weight.
My baby is just one month. Can I take any oil, soap, shampoo for her use? If it possible please prescribe me which oil, shampoo can be used?
Sore found on my 10 months baby body its spread more and also in faces how to control and how to prevent in future ?
Hello doc, my friend's daughter 17 month old getting boil on his body in palms legs hands. When appling oinment it goes away. After some day coming back past whole month it going on.
My son is 1 month and 16 days old. Last few days ago we saw some little drop of blood in his stool. Then we went to doctor. He advised for his stool test. We did his stool test and found mucus, pus cell is 10-12/hpf and occult blood is negative. After seeing the stool test report Doctor said, there is an infection in his stool. Dr. Prescribed Omnix-50 (antibiotic) and Gut-Ok twice a day for five days. After completion of medicine I did another stool test at another lab and found mucus is still present, pus cell is negative, occult blood is negative. After seeing the second stool test report doctor said now there is no infection. Then we told him he has completed all medicines in time but we saw little drop of blood in his every stool when he passes till day. Then Doctor told us, there is no blood in his stool. Actually doctor says there is no blood but we say there is blood. I want to know Is there any blood in his stool or not? If there is blood then what can we do now and if there is no blood then what is this red little drops which look like as same as blood. please reply……
Hello Lybrate, My son is 2 years and 3 months old. Still he is not speaking properly only some words he is speaking. He understand everything and when he want something to me in their language I can't understand what he wants. I have talk to other doctor also but they didn't gave me satisfactory answer. Please tell me what I have to do for it. Thanks.
Doctor suggested me to take echo test for my son who is 20 days old as the doctor heard some ultrasound in my son's heart. After echo test he reported that there is no problem but a small shrink in the minor valve of heart. But it will cause no more bad effects. Pls explain wats tat?
My son was born on 30.7.17, 4 weeks before time as his mother was suffering from high blood pressure (170/100) and the baby was not getting proper nutrition. A USG revealed that the baby had Asymmetric IUGR. It was said in the Discharge Summary that there was no apparent anomaly. Doctors say that the food pipe and respiratory pipes are quite narrow compared to what it should be. We observe the following: 1. There seems to be a sort of congestion/choking sensation at times although the chest is clear 2. Even though he is regularly burped after feeding, he burps a number of times as soon as he wakes up and brings out saliva or something watery from his mouth at times 3. Twice it was seen that his limbs were frozen stiff as if he was having a convulsion but recovered on his own soon afterwards My query: Are these sort of normal? If not, what should be done?
As suggested homeopathic doctor I have given ipecec 30 - 2 times day and carbo veg 30 - 2 times day for 15 days. There is good response of these medicine and my kid vomiting is reduced by 70%. Should I continue these medicine if yes for how much time ?
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body. On the contrary, cough and cold could be the first symptoms of a serious underlying disease like pneumonia. From that angle, it is better to treat it than to just let it run its natural course. Especially in children and elderly, it can be chronic issue with repeated bouts and therefore, treatment becomes mandatory.
The good news is that homeopathy provides a cure for this, that not just treat external symptoms. Also, like any other condition, homeopathy looks at treating the whole myriad of associated symptoms, thereby providing holistic treatment. Below are 5 common homeopathic remedies for chronic cough and cold:
1. Aconitum or Aconite: Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
3. Arsenicum album: The patient usually has complaints on the right side including watery nasal discharge, weakness, restlessness, chills, thirst. The discharge can irritate the upper lip and nasal mucosa. The cold gradually moves to the throat and the irritation also shifts down (this phase requires a different treatment).
4. Belladonna: When the cold has a sudden onset with red face, high fever, cold feet, this can be used in the early stages of the cold. There is associated high fever, tickly throat, glassy eyes, dry cough, restlessness, and delirium
5. Euphrasia: Burning eyes and profuse nasal discharge lead to reddened eyes and cheeks. More common in children, the condition worsens in open air, at night, and while lying down. The cough then moves down into the larynx, produces a harsh, hoarse voice.
6. Pulsatilla: Yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive.
Homeopathy does 'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.
My son of 11 days baby, born on 1st june 2017. Since today morning he is having motions around ten times in liquid and yellow color, Sir, shall we give electrolyte drops to the baby or what to do sir, kindly guide us.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!