Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hello doctor I am suffering from anal fissure more than 2months. I consulting local doctor. He told me that the only solution for fissure is operation. But I don't want get operation. Please tell me.
I am 26 young. I am difficult from last Week during excretion. I tried by drinking water in morning also but I failed. I observed little pain. I feels like my hole become smaller. What might be reasons.
I am 32 years old, male. I am feeling crackv at the outer anus when watering after stool and found bleedingstool with a panic feeling.
I checkup doctor twice bcoz I have heartburn gastric symtrom having Gred I even have a problem while swallowing my own gum felling dry in neck so which medicine can be better to take please mention and please also tell about food what to eat at my diet plz.
I am 43 years old man. I am suffering from acute acidity. This is severe in the night time. Many times cannot sleep due the acidity.
I have been suffering from stomach acidity from fee days suggest some measures to control it by food or medicine and also I am feeling body pain slightly.
Sir I am suffered with minorly of hepatomegaly please suggest what treatment and diet should I take. I have normal abdomen pain from last 20/days but now I am quiet normal.
Hi Doctor, Thank you very much for your such a useful advise. But I just want to tell you that I have given birth a baby on last year. After that I am still suffering due to 3 times surgery I have faced after delivery. My pasting got detached. Due to non sterile cotton used at the time of delivery. After that it has been take so many time to cure myself. Now I have done my whole abdomen USG as per doctor prescription. There is found I have fatty liver. Now a days I am taking some medicines. Like Atorva, Rabemac, Alkasol, Flagyl etc. Also I have have allergy in my whole body. That is why everyday I am taking Allegra 120 for control it. I found there is no permanent solution. Doctor please help me out for living a healthy life. Please help.
Gastroparesis is a condition when your stomach feels full and heavy even after it has been more than a couple of hours after meal. Generally, it takes maximum 1 & ½ hours for the stomach to feel empty, but if the time taken for it is more, then this is a condition of gastroparesis. It means there is some change in your normal digestion process.
In this circumstance, the food in your stomach doesn’t digest easily and creates a lump. As a result, you have hard time digesting your food. It also means the nerves connected to the stomach are not functioning well. There are a number of reasons for which you can get gastroparesis.
- Diabetes is one of the most common causes of making you feel fuller.
- Disorders in the nervous system, mainly Parkinson’s disease or cerebral attack can create this problem.
- Some medicines, especially antidepressants or anti-inflammatory in nature and certain painkillers can cause this problem.
Gastroparesis shows a number of symptoms:
- Occasional vomiting as you feel unnecessarily fuller. When you vomit, it gives out chunks of undigested food
- A feeling of nausea
- You feel full after you have eaten very little
- Bloating and pain in your abdomen
- There is alteration in the blood sugar level
- You don’t feel like eating due to loss of appetite
- You lose considerable weight as you don’t eat much
- A possibility of suffering from malnutrition, again due to lack of appetite
How it can be treated?
When you identify the reason for gastroparesis, then treating it becomes easier. If diabetes or nerve disorder is creating the problem, leave it to your doctor to treat. For other causes like lack of appetite, there are some natural ways of treating it.
- Have frequent smaller meals. This way you don’t push yourself to eat much and at the same time, the body doesn’t lack nutrition and energy
- Avoid fibrous fruits
- Avoid high carbohydrate and high fat foods, which takes time to digest
- Intake foods which you can swallow, like soups or stew. They are healthy and are also easy to digest
If the problem still persists, consult your doctor who may prescribe some medicines to stimulate the stomach muscles. They generally have no side-effects. There are some medicines which can control your vomiting and nausea. There are some surgical treatments for gastroparesis, where the doctors place a feeding tube in your small intestine. A gastric venting channel is another option, which helps you to get relief from excessive gas formation in your stomach, thus accelerating the process of digestion.