Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G R G RaoYour feedback matters!
I have 11 months baby. should I give him ayurvedic sitopaladi churn with honey as he is suffering from cold. Or suggest other ayurvedic medicine for nasal block.
Sir my question is mera ladka h jiski umar 6th month h. Wo kal sham se abi tak 7-8 pooty kr chuka h. Iska karan kya h or is ke liye medicine kya h.
My daughter is 6 month old. She got high fever. After doing blood test cpr was 104. After 3 days increase to 271. Then came to know that she has brain infection by CSF. Please advice what could be the reason for this ?
My daughter is one month old and having jaundice problem we have given her phototherapy treatment two times but now again her billi. Level increased upto 10 mg/l.what to do. She do not have any prblm only the skin is looking yellow. Her blood group is b and mine is o.
My 2 years 4months old girl is becoming aggressive for small things, I really don't understand how to calm down, I tried by coming down to her level n talking smoothly but I dont solve my isue successfully. She zis ruling us and still we are failing in making her happy. I badly need a solution for this Abt her- going to play group frm month, not a foodie,
My son got an episode of febrile seizure (30sec to 1 min duration) at 18 months. Later, the doctor advised for immediate fever medication and tepid sponging whenever he develops fever. Now, at 21 months, we took him to the hospital because of fever again (no seizure), doctor adviced to give him frisium also whenever he develops fever. Frisium 5m bad as divided doses. I want to know if there are any side effects for frisium and will it effect the extremely active nature of my son.(read online). Also, do febrile seizures cause any permanent problem and will he become more prone to epilepsy later in life? kindly help!
Hello doctor my son is five years old. He three weeks back was having stomach ache and vomiting. So the doctor gave O2 for a week. Then too he continued to complain of stomach pain and even vomited at school twice. Then doc investigated and we found minimal inter bowel fluid in usg of abdomen and easily in stool and urine culture. This was found in first week of May. Then the doctor gave walamycin syrup 12. 5 mg 5 ml thrice a day for around week. Also months skin test for tb was negative. Yesterday we went to her again and she noted that some weight gain has happened. Also I would to tell that he is still complaining of stomach pain and vomiting feeling I am giving ondem syrup 3.5 ml and domstal 1.5 ml. Then he starts to burp and burp and slowly becomes ok. We are also giving him lots of water. His appetite is not good. So doctor said that he has indigestion. And gave some enzymes syrup for three months. I gave zentel syrup for deworming. Please let me know what could be the problem.
Respected , My daughter 9 yrs. Old , yet not standing , walking or talking. Just started sitting with self balance from last 5 years. She was suffering from epilepsy since birth. But by continues medical treatment , since last 3 years she is cured from epilepsy , there are no any fits during last 3 years. In MRI report there is minor fault in development of small brain which controls all the activities like understanding every thing , balancing , walking etc. As told by Doctor. As per Ayurveda consultant I started physiotherapy daily at home by last 4 months.
My baby is now six month. I dint gave any food to him. Other than milk. What should I give for my baby.
Hi First baby aborted. Some reasons After six months we planned and got pregnant but at the second of scanning doctors detect the baby was not growing so refer for d&c. Is it possible to born a baby suggest me. Very emotional moment.
Hello My 15 days old baby is on breast feed but didn't pass out potty daily. Is it normal? If yes so how many days are normal.
My son is 1.3 years old. He is having a bad habit of eating food while watching tv or providing any tool to play with. Beside this its quite tough to make him eat. Also he found difficulty and cry during potty. What should we do?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
I have pitta from last two days and breastfed my baby (8 month old). Can I take avil in this. Is there any side effect while breastfeeding.
Home remedy for GAS .
As problem may be very annoying at times. Generally gas is formed in the stomach due to numerous reasons such as
Excessive alcohol intake
Consuming very spicy food
Chewing the food improperly
Too much of anxiety and stress
Eating sauces and condiments frequently and in large quantities
Do not consume poultry and dairy products such as eggs, milk etc.
Take time and chew your food properly. Don?t be in haste, as chewing properly helps you in digesting the food quickly
Avoid using straw while drinking as you may swallow more air while using straws
Never sleep immediately after eating your meal
Do not drink aerated drinks
My daughter is 2.5 yrs old. Since long time she is suffering from cold and cough (specially at morning and evening time when environment becomes cold), giving normal cold and cough medicine with antibiotics symptoms goes away and re-appear every now and then. She was not able to get mother's milk after her birth due to lack of her mother's breast milk availability. We also carried out blood tests, which was normal, except a minor allergy hint. We are seeking a long term solution to this problem, any help in this regard will be deeply appreciated.
Baby is 14 month old still he is not talking in which age he is talking properly? He has tough tied problem also.
My daughter is 4 months old. She keeps crying even after feeding her. I think she remains hunger & is not satisfied by my milk. Can I start formula. If yes which one.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.