Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. G.P.V.SubbaiYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old single. Now a days my back bone have same pain when I wake up its really pain full feeling and when done the exercise its better what is the problem ?
I am 23yr old female, I have been suffering from backache and difficulty in standing due to dragging down pain in back (thoracic). This problem started 7-8yrs back and I is now worse. I did physiotherapy once and got benefitted from it. I am mostly suspecting it to be postural backache. But if I sit or stand straight then pain increases. Now since couple of months I have been getting pain in lower limbs also. I have ignored this problem since many yrs but now I want to get rid of it asap before it gets too late! kindly suggest me investigations to be done and treatment.
I am 47 yr male and am having frozen right shoulder since 4-5 months, initially it was very painful but now moderate but am unable to do many activities, please advise.
Hey, Doc I am having problem with my knee, It pains a lot. Even I am only 26 year old, what diet and what exercises can help that things.
My grandma is suffering from knee pains sse is unable to walk even which medication will help her just relief in pain.
I m 31 years. I m a house wife I have pain in the bottom of my feet seen one month I have done all testing everything is ok they doubt of plantar facilities.
I am 46 years old and I have pain in my knee joints. I have taken ayurvedic medicines, calcium tablets and applied oils. But there is no improvement. Kindly help me.
I have one problem that is, back pain. It got it daily because of my work stress. I want to reduce it.
Osteoarthritis: Complications and risk factors
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases.