Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. G K Sudhakar ReddyYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from nerve pain in her right arm since 10 days, doctor gave her pain killer, pregamabasr75 for 20 days daily one tablet but pain not been removed.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.
Is backpain giddiness and loss of energy anyway related to menopause and if so what should a woman do to overcome all the pain and regain her energy.
I got into an accident in april 2014 and ruptured my ankle ligaments and till now jan 2016 my ankle still hurts. What should I do?
I'm having back pain for a month .Why is that. Is that the cause of cancer. No fever, weight loss, or nothing Like that. Only pain that is there for one month which changes its position from left to right or from front to back.
1. Try essential oils for relief
Essential oils for relief:-
There are many ways to use an essential oil. The simplest way to use an essential oil for the treatment of gout is with a carrier oil.
- Select the oil of your choice and a bottle of carrier oil (olive oil and coconut oil are both oils that you may have in your kitchen that is good carrier oils).
- In a small bowl, mix a tablespoon of the carrier oil and 4-6 drops of the essential oil. Blend well.
- Apply topically to affected joint and massage into skin.
- Repeat 2-3 times per day.
2. Supplements and other natural treatment for gout:-
There are a variety of supplements that can be taken that have reported benefits for the natural treatment of gout.
- Vitamin c may reduce uric acid. Some experts recommend taking sodium ascorbate as it is less acidic than ascorbic acid; the typical recommended dosage is 500-1000mg twice daily, but you should discuss this with your physician.
- Apple cider vinegar reportedly makes the body more alkaline. Apple cider vinegar for gout may help with gout symptoms. The recommended daily dose is 1-2 tablespoons in 8 ounces of water. This can be sipped throughout the day.
- Baking soda is another reported natural treatment for gout and is supposedly a pain reliever. To try this treatment, mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water and drink in one sitting. This can be repeated several times throughout the day, with the maximum daily dosage being four teaspoons of baking soda in one day, and should be decreased as pain improves.
- Bromelain is a compound that is found in pineapple; it can also be purchased as a supplement. It is thought to be a highly effective compound in treating gout and may even have anti-cancer benefits.
- Castor oil can be used topically to relieve pain. Soak an old cloth with castor oil and apply to the affected joint. Wrap the fabric and joint with plastic wrap and an ace bandage. If you do not have any issues with neuropathy, apply heat to the joint as well. Leave on overnight.
- Epsom salts baths can be relaxing and also relieve pain. Place 1-2 cups of epsom salts in a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes. You can also use a footbath if you desire just to soak your feet; place 1/3 cup of epsom salts in the footbath with warm water.
3. Using food as a natural treatment for gout:-
Changing your diet is one of the ways you can treat gout effectively. There are some types of foods which offer an anti-inflammatory defense and others which lower uric acid levels.
1. Coffee – whether it is regular or decaf – appears to lower uric acid levels.
2. Cherries – both cherries and cherry extract – reduce uric acid levels in the blood, as well as decrease the number of gout flare-ups.
3. Blueberries and blackberries – these berries are loaded with a type of antioxidant which helps to protect the arterial walls damaged by gout. You can reduce inflammation by adding blackberries and blueberries into your diet.
4. Folic acid – this b vitamin is commonly given with b6 or b12 to reduce homocysteine levels, an amino acid that causes high uric acid levels.
5. Herbs – si miao san is a remedy that contains four different herbs to treat gout and support kidney function. Other herbs which may include birch leaf, juniper berry.
Importance of prenatal nutrition
Important nutrition tips for gout:-
Some foods containing purines are fine to eat as long as you are thoroughly hydrated. In addition to hydration, there are other dietary and lifestyle factors to monitor in order to stay pain free.
- Lay off soda – sugary drinks like non-diet sodas are some of the most common perpetrators for gout pain. Fructose, the highly concentrated sugar in soda, has been attributed as the cause of gout inflammation. Quit drinking soda altogether or switch to diet soda. Patients with gout had no incidences of diet soda causing gout pain.
- Avoid crash dieting – trying to lose weight quick (crash dieting) causes not only your blood sugar levels to rise and fall drastically, but your uric acid levels as well. People who crash diet are often dehydrated as a result, which has been proven to exacerbate gout pain.
Gout pain relief options:-
1. Drink lots of water – several studies have linked a high water intake to lower incidences of gout pain. The amount of water each individual should drink daily depends on their current medical conditions.
2. Eat low fat dairy products – in recent studies, individuals who consumed a serving or more of low fat milk each day were observed to have less uric acid in their blood. Low fat dairy has been shown to help the body excrete uric acid due to its high protein and low purine content.
3. Avoid certain medications – cyclosporine is a drug that is used to treat chronic eye infections by increasing tear production. Unfortunately, one of its side effects is the production of excess uric acid in the blood, leading to gout.
The palntar fasciities basics.
Plantar fasciitis is a common and often persistent kind of repetitive strain injury afflicting runners,walkers and hikers,and nearly anyone who stands for a living-waiters and sales reps for instance.
Plantar fasciitis is not the same thing as heel spurs and flat feet, but they are related and often confused.
Most people recover from plantar fasciitis with a little rest, arch support [regular shoes inserts or just comfy shoes] and stretching, but not everyone. Severe cases can stop you in your tracks, undermine your fitness and general health, and drugs of years.
Plantar fasciitis is not well understood scientifically or biomechanically, and most health care professionals are not aware of the full range of treatment option.
HIJAMAH-WET CUPPING THERAPY.
Hijamah or Cupping is an age old method of exhuming stagnated blood and morbidities from the body .small incisions are made on the skin and then cups made of plastic or glass are placed and pumped to create negative pressure for suction. Cups are left for a few minutes during which time the dirty blood flows oyt into the cups. Hijahmah [cupping] relaxes and loosens up tight painful muscles and increases blood circulation.
As always in the list of hopeless diseases hijamah is the king of treatment of such illness,it draws out any build up of toxin fluids in the area of injury and assists in the healing of the region of trauma of soft tissue,
Hijamah stimulates blood circulation and bring blood flow to nourish stagnant muscles and the skin.