Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. G Durga PrasadYour feedback matters!
I had lump on 6th of Aug Upto negative on 16 Sept Usg reveals left ovarian hypoechoic cyst measuring about 5 cm with increased endometrial thickness Dr. prescribed duphaston for three days And advice to repeat upto after few days Is it a pregnancy or a delayed period because of ovarian cyst.
I am 65 years old. I have been having frequent urination and I had USG test; the test revealed that my prostrate is enlarged and approx wt. Is 112 gm. Post void: 150 ml residual urine noted. Can this be treated by medicine/herbal medicine or is operation the only answer.
Bladder cancer is the result of the growth of cancerous cells inside the bladder. Bladder cancer is mainly of four types:
- Urothelial carcinoma: In this type of bladder cancer, the tumours may be limited to the bladder or spread from the urothelial to the deeper layers in the bladder. The urothelial is the epithelium lining in the renal pelvis, ureters, urethra and bladder.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells are flat, thin cells that form after a prolonged infection in the bladder. The cancer starts from these cells.
- Adenocarcinoma: Glandular cells in the bladder produce and discharge mucus. This type of cancer begins from the glandular cells.
- Superficial bladder cancer: If the cancer is limited to the bladder lining, then it is known as superficial bladder cancer. The cancer might spread to the bladder muscle wall, or spread to the lymph nodes and organs close to it.
It is important note that, if bladder cancer is detected early, then it can be cured most of the times.
Who is at a risk of acquiring bladder cancer?
Those who smoke or have a history of bladder cancer in the family or are exposed for to industrial chemicals for long durations are at an increased risk of bladder cancer.
The symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in urine
- More frequent passing of urine
- There is a sensation of pain or burning when urinating
- Bladder is not emptied completely
- Pain in the lower back
Bladder cancer treatment by conventional medication can be complemented by Ayurveda; especially, with the Panchakarma therapy, which detoxifies the body. Detoxification can be done by:
- Snehana therapy that is oil massage
- Swedana that is steaming therapy
- Vamana that is by urging vomiting
- Virechana that is by purging
- Basti is the enema medication
- Nasya or through nasal medication
- Raktamokshana Therapy
Along with the above mentioned therapies, consuming medicated juices, which contain fruits and vegetables is good for the body. Antioxidant Ayurvedic medicines are also highly beneficial. Practicing yoga, sound therapy, pranayama, acupressure and acupuncture can help in the long run.
Sometimes, traditional cancer medication can rob the body of its strength once the symptoms are cured. Rasayan Chikitsa can help the body regain its strength. Rasayan Chikitsa improves the metabolism, memory, longevity, hair and complexion. It brings back the vigour that was lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
My Mother has confirmed Lungs cancer before last two weeks. Dr. said that it is in stage 3B and now we can not cure. Her life will be of only 2-3 years even after Chemo and next treatment. Is it true ? Please advise.
My father is 80 years old and is presently suffering from enlarged prostate for the last 15 years. Is it advisable to go for operation. OR can depend on only medicines.
My friend has a blood cancer then which food are eaten by him to prevent high level cancer and which medicine are taken by him.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
One of my relative suffering from tongue cancer. Please Tell me the treatment. And I want to know whether it should be cure cancer is of second stage.
I am having slightly enlarged prostate. I am taking alfusin 10 mg. Kindly advice any exercises to do or any home remedy. Can the enlargement de reduced? Thanks.
Hi, currently I am getting treated for tb but I have also got nodule of 2.8 * 2.9c in my left breast which we came to know after ct scan. My chest specialist is saying wait complete the tb treatment and then go for breast nodule but I scared whether it not some serious. Which doctor I need consult for breast? I mean surgeon or gynecologist?
My mother is suffering from esophagus cancer locally advanced. Three cycles of chemotherapy given. As cancer is not spread I want to know can radiation help her and if yes then how quickly we should give them?
I am 66 years old at times i find it difficult control my bladder and small amount of urine passes out is it a sign of prostrate gland enlargement
My wife has pain in right side breast ,she also feeding my 18 month old child, there is no smell in his breast milk ,shall it might due to milk blockage or some other reason.
Blood cancer is a broad term. Firstly, there can be an attack of cancerous formation of any organic physiological system, which occurs in different aspects of the circulatory system, and is broadly termed as blood cancer. There are mainly three types of blood cancer, but each type may have numerous variations:
Leukaemia: In this case, the multiplying cancer cells attack either the red blood cells or the bone marrow. The circulatory system becomes severely impaired and the production of red blood cells decreases rapidly, thereby causing the count of red blood cells to decrease every day along with a higher white blood cell count.
Symptoms: Anaemia, extreme weakness and fatigue, shortness of breath in regular activities, and vulnerability to the slightest of infections. Certain kinds of leukaemia are associated with symptoms like coughing, fatigue, itching, nausea, and aversion towards food.
Lymphoma: In this case the cancerous cells affect the lymphocytes, commonly known as the white blood cells, thereby causing the white blood cell count to decrease and hence causing the body immune system to crash. Even the slightest of infections become the biggest dangers.
Symptoms: Swollen lymph nodes (usually painless), acute weight loss, appetite loss, fever, sudden chills and sweating at night.
Myeloma: In this case, the plasma is affected by the multiplying cancerous cells, again causing severe impairment to the body immune system.
Symptoms: Initially, there are no symptoms but gradual prognosis symptoms like fatigue, extreme back pain, vulnerability towards infections, chest pain, and kidney problems arise.
Cures and Survival Rates-
With enormous research and amazing medical breakthroughs, blood cancer has become treatable and has been overcome by many. In a recent research, a curative alternative has been found which tries to block the release of the enzymes causing metastasis, thereby causing the enlargement of the cancerous cells to get blocked. There are numerous more alternative treatments like herbal treatments using herbs like xanthones and Garcinia mangostana, which have proven to be effective in treating even second and third levels of blood cancer.
According to the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), 2011 had 1,012,533 people recover from various stages of blood cancer. In the 1960s, the five-year relative survival rates were only 14%. In the 1970s, the rate increased to 34.5% and from 2005–2011, the rates improved till 61.7%. This estimate includes both the population of cancer survivors in the following categories:
Those who are totally cured of cancer.
Those who have just recovered.
- Those who are still recovering.
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.