Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G Balakrishna Reddy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. G Balakrishna ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am Santosh pal, from odisah 38 years old have a sexual problem , that when I crossed with my wife my penis is not rising and some times during causing the size automatically decrease and quick fall .
Often, a medical crisis does not happen suddenly, and your body shows a few symptoms well before it reaches the critical phase. However, there are conditions when the symptoms occur quite suddenly, and one such is the Addisonian crisis.
Addison's disease is a condition that occurs when the body fails to produce sufficient levels of certain hormones that are secreted by the adrenal glands. In this disease, the adrenal glands produce too little cortisol and even low amounts of aldosterone at times. Often referred to as adrenal insufficiency, it may occur at any age, and both sexes are affected by it. The worst part is that the disease can be life-threatening.
The symptoms of Addisonian crisis-
While severe fatigue, hyperpigmentation, severe fatigue, lightheadedness, salt cravings, and muscle and joint pains are the common symptoms of Addison’s disease, pain in your lower back, severe vomiting and diarrhea, low blood pressure, and high potassium and low sodium are the symptoms of acute adrenal failure (Addisonian crisis).
The low levels of cortisol associated with the Addisonian crisis are life-threatening; hence, when you experience one or more of these symptoms you must seek professional care immediately.
Treatment options that are available for Addison's disease-
Nearly all treatments for Addison's disease involve hormone replacement therapies for correcting the steroid levels that the body is not sufficiently producing. Some of the most effective treatment options for Addison's disease include:
- Oral corticosteroid medicines- Prednisone, Hydrocortisone and Cortisone acetate may be used in the pill form for replacing cortisol. Sometimes, doctors also prescribe fludrocortisone for the replacement of aldosterone.
- Corticosteroid injections- This is given to people who cannot take oral pills.
People diagnosed with Addison’s disease are at risk of developing Addisonian crisis. Such people must be well-aware of how to tackle the condition if they are to face it. Some people have a home kit which includes hydrocortisone injection. One should not wait too long or wait to feel very weak before taking the injection. Also, it is important to call the emergency after taking the injection to get further treatment.
What should you do to prevent and manage the Addisonian crisis?
If you indulge in heavy workout sessions, you should take ample amount of sodium. This is also recommended when you are experiencing a stressful situation, including any infection, operation or some minor illness.
You should not skip your meals or indulge in binge eating, but focus on having a well-balanced diet. You should also take plenty of healthy fluids throughout the day. Avoid exercising or doing any physically strenuous job in hot and humid weather. Also, you need to balance your active stretch of time with adequate rest.
Taking the prescribed medications on time, and carrying a hydrocortisone kit is crucial. Also, you may carry a card stating the condition that can help during an emergency.
Addison’s disease, in most cases, cannot be cured; so, it is vital to be aware of the symptoms and the ways to manage them to avoid an emergency.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.