Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Firdaus FatimaYour feedback matters!
I am 74 year male suffering from oa since last 6 month and treated by a ortho doctor with a medicine named joint guard 1bd. I improved considerable, and later on an mbbs doctor reduced medicine to 1od, I think this slowed my recovery too much. I wanted know whether reducing the dose by mbbs doctor is ok or not, if not what dose it should have.?
My left knee is paining last night ant this is not damaged. How can I remove the pain and feel relief. So please help to do this.
There's a pain in the joint of my toe. I have done an Xray and there's no bone issues. Could it be related to gout?
I got little bump on my left side of left knee. Its painless. I think their is liquid inside. I got that after the cardio session in my gym. In that session I run very fast for long tym. I went to local doctor also. He told me their is nothing to worry. It is bakaslite (it was like that I noe knly pronunciation of that. I dnt the proper spelling). Can you tell me waht is that. I am still worry about that because size of bum is not reducing!
I am 21 year old, I suddenly got pain in my left knee on its left side, what should I do to get relief, I do workout should I stop doing it?
My wife and myself are having knee joint pain while getting up or sitting on floor. After seeing TV ads, I have bought astha Jeevak paste and oil to be applied on knees. As per TV ad and literature astha Jeevak is a three month course. I want to know whether the product is one time affair with long term relief or is it habit forming.
One of the most common ailments the elderly suffer from is arthritis. However, arthritis can affect people of all ages. It is a rheumatic disease as in, it affects joints and bones. It can be of many types and the term covers a number of inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint diseases. Some of the most well-known types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, bone spurs, gout, and osteoarthritis.
The causes of arthritis have not been defined but there are a number of factors that increase a person's chances of getting it. Foremost amongst these is increasing age and excess weight. Arthritic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and lupus are said to be hereditary and linked to certain genes. Sometimes, injuries can also cause arthritic conditions. Misuse of steroids can also result in arthritis.
Here is a look at the most common symptoms of the disease :-
- Pain around the joints is the most well-known symptom of arthritis. Along with pain, you may also notice swollen or stiff joints.
- Increased body temperature around the affected joints and redness in the area is also a symptom of arthritis. These symptoms range from mild to severe, and can be constant or may come and go.
- Everybody suffers from occasional joint pains but if any of the above symptoms persist for a long duration, it is best to consult a doctor. The sooner you seek treatment, the easier it becomes to deal with arthritis. If left untreated for too long, arthritis can result in permanent joint damage.
While there is no single cure for arthritis, it can be effectively controlled if treated in time. Since the type and severity of arthritis differ from person to person, treatment for the same must also be tailored to the needs of the individual.
- Drugs for arthritis can be categorized as those that treat symptoms such as pain and stiffness, and those that suppress inflammatory conditions.
- In some cases, surgery may be advisable.
- Physical therapy and regular exercise are very important when dealing with arthritis.
- It is equally important to eat a healthy, nutritious and well-balanced diet. If you are overweight, try and lose the excess kilos.
- You must also look after your joints to ensure that there is no further degradation of bone or muscle tissue. Avoid staying in one position for a long time, and try and maintain a good posture.
These simple techniques can be very effective when dealing with all types of arthritis.